Sign in to follow this  
Tom1

Realistic Wounds and treatment for ARMA 3

my bad man :D

Tom1 I wasn't replying to your post... At best I was replying to DMarkwick's post, but even then I wasn't really... I was making a statement...

BTW DMarkwick I would be MUCH more willing to play as medic in Arma 3 just by adding this system, I think others would too...

IMO the module option is the best implementation.

AI should try to help friends, and they do, or at least with Zeus AI.

Just gonna give a bit of a medical rant.... Fentnyl should be used instead of morphine because it works faster in the field that morphine. Morphine takes a while to take affect (5 minutes), with fentnyl it only takes 1 minute, if you DO use morphine a player should have thje pain slowly go away over 5 minutes.

Yup, sorry I just noticed this post. One thing I love is fentanyl "lollipops" that you stick in the side of the patient's mouth, and it gets absorbed through the cheek. Works quite fast, and you can stop administration easily if they're starting to get too much, just take it out of their mouth. It's a little kinder to patients with hemodynamic instability. Plus morphine shouldn't really be administered to a person with a gun shot wound to the stomach, chest or head area.

Edited by Rye

Yup, sorry I just noticed this post. One thing I love is fentanyl "lollipops" that you stick in the side of the patient's mouth, and it gets absorbed through the cheek. Works quite fast, and you can stop administration easily if they're starting to get too much, just take it out of their mouth. It's a little kinder to patients with hemodynamic instability. Plus morphine shouldn't really be administered to a person with a gun shot wound to the stomach, chest or head area.

How come?

How come?

probably because it can cause kidney failure, respiratory depression (inadequate oxygen, you dont want to combine that with a lung injury or anything that makes it hard to breathe, like broken ribs) and it can increase intracranial pressure and head injury (brain is already screwed from gunshot, you dont want it to have even more pressure against it)

could be wrong though

Cardiac and respiratory depression. It's lowering blood pressure, which has already been lowered due to mass bleeding and trauma. It will change mental status as well, it has been suggested you must disarm all patients who have been administered morphine as it will mess up judgement, clear thinking and motor skills. It's reducing the brain's awareness of pain, it doesn't mean you will not still feel it, and it shall cause the person to feel sleepy, or like they are drunk along with other mental conditions.

They may be allergic too, it has been known to cause some patients to itch intolerably and many other conditions which you just don't need on the day. You defend this by avoiding the problem drug, having back-up medications and knowing your patient(s).

If the patient is in shock, then he/she probably doesn't need morphine. He/she is probably not having much pain. If the patient is suffering from hypovolemic shock and you administer an intramuscular shot of morphine then it does not absord easily and this can lead to the patient getting extra doses out of your care which can lead to an overdose. Overdosing can happen and is a serious concern (one of the many reasons why you mark the patient; drug, dose and time etc).

And there are other things you can administer instead of, though it can be used, it would be a risk for some cases and fine in others. An injury say to the foot or hip with a lot of pain, it would be a good pain reliever. Like all things, it's made for some situations and not all but it is a good general pain reliever.

Yes, an improved wound-system would definitely rank high on my wishes for ARMA3. Especially if it came with an appropriate AI that would also move wounded to safety, and later extract them by any vehicle back to a real on-map base.

However, both SLX and ACE have neat wounded modules that almost suffice. I think this is something the community can rather do by scripting, and would wish the devs to concentrate on things we cannot achieve without hardcoding ability (such as improved flight models, interactive cockpits, improved vehicle damage and armor models, digging holes and trenches etc.)

what are everyone's ideas on body armour? no matter what direction the wounding system takes body armour is always in war and should imo be implimented. How could body armour be improved people?

Before they do that - improve hitdetections overwise it wouldn't work effectively. And improve the damage system, e.g. detecting where you got hit, not transfering damage to the WHOLE body (e.g. shot in the foot, 0.2 dam to the head) but to that set area, affecting that set area.

MEV Striker with one of these

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/4220163

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4391161.stm

After all its in the future, this is not too far ahead of its time. All they are trying to do is shrink it. If you do think this is too much future for you... Then please open your mind, and look around you....

Edited by 5LEvEN

That's creepy. :p

Damn those dogs are scary. If I saw that ambling towards me, I'd go cyclic, and end up putting a 66 in it to be sure.

I haven't read all the pages, but this is what I think:

(inspired by ACLS simulator on my Iphone)

characters in the game should be categorized into different medical level

and depends on the level, they could apply different methods

and the menu should be marked as A,B,C for easy understanding.

something like this

- Lay people (minimum training)

e.g. Civilians

A: NPA

B: None

C: pressure dressing

- TCCC (non-medical military personal, civilian EMTB)

A: NPA, surgical Airway

B: Needle Decompression, Chest Seal

C: Pressure Dressing, Tourniquet, Hemostastic agents(Combat Gazue, Celox..etc), IV

- Advanced (68W, 18D, civilian EMTP, doctor)

A: NPA, surgical airway, artificial airway (LMA, King, Intubed..etc)

B: Needle Decompression, Chest Tube, Chest Seal

C: Pressure Dressing, Tourniquet, Hemostastic agents, IV (with PRBC or medication)

I am not sure if CPR or any BLS stuff should be included in a military simulator since it's basically useless on battlefield unless cardiac arrest happens during evacuation phrase or an AED is nearby.

But maybe Precordial thump (as a last resort) could be included.

minor leg wounds = limp

major leg wounds = sit here and bleed out

Sucking chest wounds = natures way of saying ..."slow down"

Good ideas Lugiahua. Differentiating civilian from military and medic from non-medic is a good idea, that would definately make the medical role more vital of which it is in reality.

Damn those dogs are scary. If I saw that ambling towards me, I'd go cyclic, and end up putting a 66 in it to be sure.

It's not just me then. My first though when I saw one was "KILL IT WITH FIRE!!"