Sign in to follow this  
suma

ARMA 2: OA beta build 81201

Yeah, at least one who gets that strange error,too.

I get that 'turret error message' (for different tanks) with this and the beta before.

Same goes for 'out of memory' ctd´s :(

don't forget to report crashdumps as in my previous post in this very same thread ...

with last beta patch i have no reloading animation with MGs,tracers bug using WARFX-Tracers

Same bug re: MG reloading animation (except when prone), and I mags are no longer disappearing from other small arms on the reload, except when prone.

Also, is anyone else finding that smoke grenades are now thrown directly at the feet?

found and ran beta uninstaller now main exe works again. the previous beta was runnin good. this one not so lucky. ive heard complaint online bout frags, they are a bit tricky... must aim high.

found and ran beta uninstaller now main exe works again. the previous beta was runnin good. this one not so lucky. ive heard complaint online bout frags, they are a bit tricky... must aim high.

hmm. interesting..... I am now wondering since the beta is now editing the registry, do we now need to run the un-installer rather than just deleting the beta folder ? and does the un-installer remove the registry entries ?

Edited by gonk

Frags work fine, I've had no trouble with them, but my smokes keep hitting (and sometimes bouncing) off the ground near my feet.

you seem to be missing @CBAmod folder...... on mission start ...klik continue

it runs map\ignores error? ca and cba is enabled. looked in ca folder \addons was empty? hmmm.

smoke was problem in regular patched game online..

im goin back to the 80 beta patch see if that fixes it..

no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

#2nd error....Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

game is broke again.....oops gotta look for uninstaller...

Edited by blackmamba

Had 2 crashes by now. No idea why, never had any crashes before. How to provide crash log? It just crashes with no notice.

for win 7 (I'm assuming your OS is in german): Benutzer\'Your Username'\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA

You find the crashlogs there.

arma2oa.bidmp

arma2oa.mdmp

arma2oa.RPT

Edited by Derbysieger

Thanks for the info! I never had that before, never looked for info and I was hurried to get back into my mission. Having the game crash as squad leader just before a big maneuver SUCKS...

Yeah so thats why I just rushed in here and asked for help.

Email is en route.

reinstallin oa

i give up.....

Why are you reinstalling OA? :confused:

All you have to do is go to your ArmA 2\Expansions folder and delete the beta folder in there.

Edited by Zipper5
Typo

Because reinstalling is easier and faster than learning and understanding how things actually work ;)

This update is compatible with both current ACE2 mods and other mods? or is it better to stay in the 79600? :bounce3:

With mods I get errors with this build that I don´t get with vanilla or 79600.

This update is compatible with both current ACE2 mods and other mods? or is it better to stay in the 79600? :bounce3:

The current builds are labeled "highly experimental", so unless you're willing to try them out purely to provide feedback, you're better off sticking with 79600. Especially if you plan to play online.

no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

#2nd error....Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

excuse me sickboy, im not planning on changing my career to go into programming video games at age 54. im not blaming anybody, went thru this with flashpoint betas its

no big deal. no need to be a wiseguy unless you enjoy it. then ill just ignore ya.

those two errors are why, reinstalling doesnt fix anything ok? i have arma2 it plays...

lookey my config was wiped out after "windowed0" line, now there is nothin...

i like the 80 beta it ran greaton my pc... this one didnt. so what no big deal.

next time i wont say anything at all. 21 posts since 2002, gee sorry im floodin lately.

10 yrs of only reading these forums im stupid i guess....now i gotta go find my field manual for the code on back? think i burned that for heat last winter in my fireplace....DOH.

real men dont need directions or manuals. i just tattoo the game code on my cats rump.

i gotta go buy a shaver to get the code off my cats ......... ok im ready for banning

from the code gods.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

oh geez i deleted the config thingy now it runs after reinstalling oa.....

found this zip file on my desktop never installed CBA_v0-7-2[1].7z

now i have error says sickboy has invaded my game....guy must be some kind of glory hound eh? im gunna find your name and im gunna wipe it off my screen for good......wiseguy.

no more beta patches released on a friday for me......

Edited by blackmamba

blackmamba, now those errors are because you are not using the beta patch correctly.

The readme file for each beta points out that you must make the following two changes to your Arma 2 shortcut:

1. Change the path to the .exe from the default one to the beta one, i.e. the new path in your shortcut's target line should read something like:
    "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe"

2. Add the beta mod parameters to the end of the shortcut's target line, something like this:
    -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion

So, in the end, you should end up with your shortcut's target line looking something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion

Or, alternatively, you can go to your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 folder and use the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut that is created there after installing a beta patch.

Sickboy does have a point. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game is a lot more hassle than what you would have had to go through had you read the readme or done a search before taking action. ;)

OA CTD'd for the first time in awhile for me. Out of memory error. I've sent ya my dump files Dwarden :)

Yer my video mem gets eaten up quickly - then 10fps for a min or so - then crash with out of memory error.

bad performance, and ctd here. after 20-30 mins, with message on desktop, out of memory..i accidently deleted content of rpt, have to test again, then i can send to you dwarden

ok i got the code off my cat in chasing her around while holding her down she threw up a large milk covered rubber band... awesome! the beta error thingy likely saved my cats life and me a huge vet bill. thanks everybody at BIS for saving nickydoo...

she mistook rubber band for spagetti...

Edited by blackmamba

ok i got the code off my cat in chasing her around while holding her down she threw up a large milk..

blackmamba, you need to eat more vegetables; your synapses are misfiring.

hmmm. when i installed 159 patch got those errors again, it stated on oa install patch

on disk 1.06 was outdated to 1.59? game failed to run again. lookin around i saw

this old beta zipBuild_63826. so i ran the uninstaller out of curiosity. bingo game runs

again. now it wants cba stuff back i deleted....

nice to see the old CAPlants missing error again....

"You are your synapses. They are who you are."

--- Joseph LeDoux, 2002 (in Synaptic Self)

you may be right....http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/em.html

Edited by blackmamba