Sign in to follow this  
Uziyahu--IDF

AirSofters Endorsing ArmA II

Here's a nice video where some serious airsofters are supporting ArmA II as a great off-the-field training tool.

vyeBns2sSaU

I thought this would be considered on-topic, since it is an independent review of the game.

Note that Fort Polk is where the Joint Readiness Training Center (low-intensity conflict version of the National Training Center) was located, last I heard.

Just yet another kudos to the BIS Team, was'nt too long ago in my Guard unit(Armored Cav) I would've definatly been pushing this to the chain of command as I alternate training tool. I've heard lots of ppl say there also using VBS2 at Ft.Leavanworth,Ks too. 1 state south of me 8)-

Somebody should tell those guys about addons.

The Cal.68 mod should be right up their alley:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115468&highlight=cal.68

Paintballpark: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115700&highlight=cal.68

EDIT: Nevermind. I was thinking paintball, airsoft is a little different I see from their other videos. Damn, I thought some of the arma squads out there took it a bit far but these guys was waaay over the top :D

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

Eh more publicity and sales, I'm down with that.

Well, I cant really say stock gun sounds are that realistic but fortunetly sound mods can fix that :).

arma 2 - open source?

arma 2 - open source?

I don't think he understands what open source means...

Airsoft would be fun to play....but the Fun Police rule here...

He is probably teaching the Enemy what they need to pratise with...lol

Here's a nice video where some serious airsofters are supporting ArmA II as a great off-the-field training tool.

Serious airsoft? Isn't that an oxymoron? :D

In all seriousness, these blokes look like they're a wee bit too serious. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

The guy has an epic system. :cc: ArmA 2 can be detrimental to their hobby, once they figure out that fighter jets are in the game. :D

Thanks guys for the comments,

As for Airsoft it’s just a hobby for me as my real line of work is more “Real Steelâ€. The United States Joint Task Force is a collection of teams all across the country that preaches proper weapons safety, honor, and professionalism throughout the Airsoft Community.

Most of our members were either former or active duty military and we do have a bunch of civilians that want to achieve that “Higher MILSIM†feel in the sport. A lot of the civilians we have also cannot serve due to medical issues and other circumstances so this gives them a chance to get the feel for their dreams and ambitions.

I stated ARMA II as an “Open source†program as VBS2 is currently used by the US Military and it is not. It was more of a military terminology than anything so apologizes for the confusion. As for the ARMA II program it works great! We have conducted several MOCK scenarios for tournaments and events we have attended and it really gave us the principals of the building blocks of training so when we did hit the practice field we maximized our time with the implementation of the stuff we needed to train with on the ground.

Thanks for the Clarification of the player sizes that can be used in the scenarios and we will use this to maximum effect in the future!

As for the CAS (Close Air Support) wish we could really use it, but for the sake of the SIM....Hell yea!

Just wanted to say hello gents you all have a great community here! Started with Operation Flashpoint and it never stopped from there!

Cheers,

Brad

Edited by SEJTF6

Great to see you here, Brad. Welcome to the community, and thanks for the endorsement! :)

Have a look at ACE and ACRE.

ACE will enhance the simulation aspect further, and ACRE (with teamspeak 3) will greatly increase the radio simulation.

Both highly recommended addonds (they are free and still actively developed).

With a modified wii remote controller u can aim like with a RL-Airsoft.

Using the wii controller to play ArmA 2? You're not serious? You'd need like a TV screen or something I guess. And the regular Wii controller doesn't feel at all like a gun. You'd need like the Wii crossbow or something. But whatevs. I don't own anything Wii-related. The Wii is "Wii-tarded" in my opinion.

I'm also an airsofter myself. I'm rather casual about it, and I normally just play with the people around my neighborhood. (We do observe the rules. The neighbors don't have to worry about people with "guns" hopping over their backyard fence or anything like that. We've gotten permission from quite a few people to play on their land so long as we don't shoot the house, and since there aren't any fences, we have about 8-9 acres to play on.) The nearest Airsoft field is hours from my house. I go there about once every 2 months or so for a half day on weekends. Long drive, but it's worth it.