Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Improved BRDM2 units

@hcpookie,it seems the AI can't destroy them.Using the latest version 2.1 and even though T72s,BMP2,M1A1 and other armored vehicles are firing at them they actually fire near them.Could be some model problem.

Affected models:BRDM2 RKT,BRDM2-MG PKT,BRDM2-MG DSHK,BRDM2

There could be others,but I didn't had enough time to test all the models.

Edited by Krycek

Krycek,

Thanks for the feedback! I did some testing and it appears that the "zamerny" memory point (the "target here" memory point) is moved off to the side of the vehicles. This is the memory point that the AI aims at, thus causing the AI to aim off to the side. The memory point is at the exact location from the original Arma1 model. I have moved the memory point to the center and slightly down some, more toward the object's center, and it seems now that the AI more effectively target the vehicles. I will release an update to the addon to correct this issue!

Of note it appears that regardless of skill level, the AI aims in an "area" with the vehicle in the middle of this area. I assume that's for gameplay, because if the AI were to shoot at the zamerny memory point 100% of the time it would be over real quick for non-AI players.

There are some other minor issues I've corrected as well, so it looks like a v2.2 is going to be out soon.

Edited by hcpookie

Glad to be of help man,they sure look great especially the Police and PMC versions.:cool:

Updated to fix all those outstanding issues! Download v2.2 in same location (see first post!)

v2.2: 12/24/2011

-------------------

FIX: AI Targeting issue (zamerny point not centered).

FIX: Some thermal textures not mapped properly.

FIX: Aiming reticle on 9M14 was not centered.

FIX: 9M14 3D model turret movement.

Thanks for the mirror Foxhound! The new MLODs have not been uploaded yet... my guests showed up for Christmas so I haven't had a chance to upload them yet ;) And... Merry Christmas!

Thanx a lot hcpookie.

One bug only from the last update : the aiming of the static 9m14 is almost impossible, because the crosshair keeps moving down into the right lower corner of the screen.

Then it stops when on the ground.

v2.2 MLODs uploaded! See first post for location.

Vilman, I'm not able to repro the behavior you describe. Are you getting this with ONLY my addon or in combination with another?

Can you try it only with the BRDM2IMP addon by itself? I would like to know if there is a conflict with another mod. Just to double-check, you did say the 9M14, not the 9M14-P?

I think both 9m14s are bad, but i cannot remember that correctly. So i will try it wit and without the other mods.

OK thanks! I'm not able to repro any problems with them. Previous versions had some aiming issues, so do be sure its the latest files (there are quite a few PBO's).

Hcpookie,

i tried the Malyutkas (both, the basic and the P too) with only your addon. The problem is still there !

I have no idea. All i can say is that ArmA 2 OA is the latest version. Note that i told you the crosshair kept moving to the right lower corner of the screen. Now, as ALL mods are switched off, the crosshair keeps moving to the LEFT lower corner. FPDR

Edited by Vilman

That's really strange... I simply cannot repro this behavior so I'm not sure if something needs to be tweaked or not. The latest version did change the Malyutka's that were not aiming correctly due to an improperly placed aim point. That was fixed by moving the aim point. The only other thing was a cosmetic issue with part of the model moving as the turret that was not supposed to move.

The config is the same... uses BIS aiming reticle. I can't think of anything else to suggest? Do any other AT launchers (mine or other mods) give you this behavior?

I noticed that for the rocket-armed BRDM-2, you are using the S-8 80mm rockets as the base. However, the rocket pod on top has 32 tubes; this would indicate that it's a UB-32 pod, not a B-8M pod. The S-8 rockets come in B-8M and B-8V20A pods, which only hold 20 rockets each*. S-5 rockets come in UB-16 and UB-32 pods, with 16 and 32 rockets in each, respectively.

A few other bugs I've noticed: when firing the DShKM-armed BRDM-2, the muzzle flash always comes from the DShKM barrel, regardless of whether or not you are firing the DShKM or the PKT.

After you've fired all the missiles in the first magazine on the 9M14-armed BRDM-2, the missile models do not reappear when you've reloaded the magazine.

*for those interested, the B-8M (and its variants, B-8M1 and B-8-0) is the aerodynamic version that's seen on fixed-wing aircraft like the Su-25. The B-8V20A is the kind seen on the Ka-50. Since helicopters cannot reach the speeds of fixed-wing aircraft, the extra drag from the B-8V20A's design was considered negligible, and it was outweighed by design's advantage of being much cheaper to produce.

Edited by Xeno426
added more bugs, clarification

Not at all. I really have no idea what causes this problem.

The zamerny memory point error is still there,had a quick rundown with them.If the BRDM is facing you or it's with it's back at you then indeed is fixed,but if the vehicle is sideways(important to repro the problem) then same problem as before.Not sure how many versions are affected because I tested only with the russian army BRDM-2M and BRDM-AGS versions.

This is a really cool addon, it adds quite a few handy vehicles. I just read through the entire post and I wasn't able to find how to "animate" the police lights and police siren via the units init field. I was wanting to have the AI turn on the lights and siren while they are driving down the road to setup a checkpoint. Is this possible?

So far I have tried:

this animate ["policelightsswitch",1]; this animate ["policelightsswitch_dashlight",0]; this exec "\BRDM2IMP\data\scripts\policelights.sqf";

But it doesn't seem to work at all.... :(

Krycek,

The zamerny memory point is in the middle of the LOD in all directions, so I am unsure as to why this happens. It looks like it can't be fixed at this time.

Jocko,

I haven't been able to make it INIT with that so I don't know what to tell you. You have the concept down - animate everything in the action. I created a shortcut for these actions so you could map the keys, but using the "action" command doesn't work either. I suppose it must need to be scripted in a mission for it to happen. The scripts check the animationPhase of the dashboard switches. Everything in the script happens when the animationPhase is set to "1". So animating just hte switches should be all that is needed, then perhaps call the brdm2imp scripts.

Hi,Hcpoockie! Great addons! Wonder if you can add a Divers`Version+Divers kit? I want to have a Fire Brigade car with IR Lights for Night driving (like Police City Life)Bouy to mark a dive site ,Auto Trigger for de-activation of mines (for Feint Diver Mod)mine clearing duty team,Police LightBar (and maybe a Barricade with StrobeLightbar)for Night missions).A Static Line with Flags that show every 10.m depth increse.Deployable.

Maybe including Submarine Net we can protect a harbour with-deplyable.

Maybe a "GPS underwater" device?

Maybe even a Portable Pressure Chamber on wheels for the divers?Working and all?

Maybe Russian Frogmen?

Maybe a Working MFD Display like a IPAD 2 with simplyfied ,editor-style input to make them go to >Waypoint 1>Waypiont2>Split up into 2 Teams>Go to Waypoint 3>Blow up a Mine>>>and then>RTB.

Maybe with Ace 2 and all the gadget a Dive Team may need.

Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I think you have to make the mission and add a trigger-zone like to define the Area where it`s supposed to start,like an Animation it will execute when it reaches it and something that will prevent it from switching it off until it reaches the Destination."SET_CONDITION<ON>""ON_ACTION_"Button_L_depressed"=1...in Zone 1 (Make a zone 1 in the editor,a BIG Zone,name it "Zone 1".

or "Turn_On_Lights_"in_Zone "1"=1.sqm Then make a Trigger Area on map,name it Trigger" Lights_On_" this animate ["policelightsswitch",1]; this animate ["policelightsswitch_dashlight",1*]; this exec "\BRDM2IMP\data\scripts\policelights.sqf";

(*Or of it`s =1).

I really think you must have a Zone for it to exec this,you must also make another Zone if you want it to be turned ON upon arrival at destination sense it will drive Out of the Zone and (?) into an other (anywhere on map)and then another Zone ,set up a Barricade and offload Ai there,You will have add an other Trigger for that too.

Wow John that's quite a bit of info there... I think some of it was destined for my Naval Objects thread? I'll add that idea for a marker line to the diver buoys :)

I have a thought about the light/siren scripts. I'm going to make a few tests to see if it can be scriptable outside of using a player. I was reading an old thread where they had a script that spawned an AI, had the AI enter the vehicle, then had the AI activate whatever gizmo needed to be activated, then remove the AI character. That got me thinking that I may have unintentionally made it a player-only script and so I'll have to dig into that some.

I'm making a few tweaks to the pack to make it a bit more useful in MP scenarios. I now think a detached standalone camo net makes more sense than attaching it to the body of the vehicle, and I'm also working on reload animations for the AT models. I *really* want to see the missiles after they are reloaded! :cool: