Sign in to follow this  
Hongjian

First PLA made ego-shooter

Definitely won't be about China vs Japan, that would be like a Polish game studio making a game about a Polish invasion of Germany.

Remember: everything "offical supported" things made in china is a joke.:D

Look like crap to me, like a bad example of an openGL game like world of tanks (just an opinion) good example would be QuakeIIIArena. Why dont they use real PC's btw, dont they know they are faster and have a better screen and are cheaper? Maybe they should have a look at a real milsim... called Arma2 :butbut:

ah finally, a game where i can play something else than USA ( seriously, this is boring ), if this come out i'll try to found it and play it ... wait what ?

It is no commercial release... it if from the PLA for the PLA.

f-ck this sh-t up, i hate you

Edited by heroes maker

It will definitely be commercially released in the future. Maybe with a downtuned version (political content).

And knowing China, this game might already be pirated by some teenage army hacker and uploaded on baidu torrent search etc.

Also, the articles say that 'the PLA soldiers will be able to play this in near future'... so the game is still beta I would say.

Edited by Hongjian

lol thats PLA version of MW2 - that engine and animations are from MW2 game heh

Looking at some of those videos, the PLA would still carry out D-Day-style landings in this day and age? :confused:

Yeah, to invade Taiwan. The Chinese have entire army groups who's primary mission is thought to be the future invasion of Taiwan.

Looking at some of those videos, the PLA would still carry out D-Day-style landings in this day and age? :confused:

Well, D-Day styled amphibious assaults are still trained by the PLA Marine Corps and selected Amph. Mech. Inf. Divisions., but not likely for a Taiwan scenario, but more for the fortified islets along the Fujian coast that are belonging to the Republic of China, but unlikely to be supported or guarded too heavily.

Also the reefs and islands in the South China Sea would be more likely targets too, instead of 'Taiwan Proper'.

For a real Taiwan invasion, airsuperiority and supremacy would be established first by the airforce and short range ballistic missiles (shutting down the RoC airfields), and then the 15th Airborne Corps would be dropped in before any larger sized amph. invasion would land on the beaches.

All in all, the D-Day representation here - a landing with heavy opposition - isnt that representative of a real invasion plan of Taiwan, that would involve more air-to-air/air-to-ground combat and the heavy usage of SRBM/LACM and sepcial forces.

The landing in reality would be just a relatively "peaceful" and unresisted deployment of occupation forces, long after the RoC army is defeated...

Anyway. It's just a game here. So I wouldnt overanalyse it in terms of operation-level matters. :rolleyes:

Hi, for a FPS game it looks good. Let's C ya

I just love the way the soldiers sit straight and look very serious, if you look carefully the one with the short hair typed: "1 pwnz 411 u nubz".

edit: I wonder if thats running on linux?

Edited by Heatseeker

Invasion or Liberation, you pick it.

Unless all I care is the technical data of these PLA armaments and vehicles, and able to simulate seamlessly by totally physics and rendering only.

I don't want an action at all, I want truths.

lol thats PLA version of MW2 - that engine and animations are from MW2 game heh

Beijing obliterated?

Edited by NodUnit

Next time we'll see all PLA troops will bunny hop and shoot at the same time... True probably some kid modded this game and replaces all US soldiers with PLA troops. Maybe BIS should think of selling their VBS to taiwan now.... good arms race eh?

and off topic, anyone noticed that PLA actually uses HP machines rather than China's own Lenovo ?? Interesting...

Edited by Muahaha

TO ALL THE COMMENTERS WHO SAID THIS GAME ENGINE IS FROM COD, the last info has known that it was made with Unreal Engine 3, which is used by GoW, CoD3, Rainbow 6 Vegas and other underrated FPS shooter such as UT3. No Frostbite, no Quake4.

Yes, it's Unreal Engine 3.

PLA and Wuxi Giant confirmed that they licenced a 'famous foreign engine' for this game. So, of course this looks like CoD etc.

It looks quite atmospheric however I fear the video must not represent actual training practices unless the PLA are trained to get shot a number of times. It seems like they ought to tone down the survivability of the player.

It looks quite atmospheric however I fear the video must not represent actual training practices unless the PLA are trained to get shot a number of times. It seems like they ought to tone down the survivability of the player.

Their body armor has excerpts from the Little Red Book on it, therefore making it indestructible.

Very arcade-ish. i doubt the real battlefield is not that dramatic.

It looks moddable though, with an solid AI that seems to take note of obstacles and cover (last few minutes)...

i completely support this game 100%, i hate the pro america crap fed to us 24/7

i welcome the chinese democracy with open arms ! :cool: