Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Ah sorry about that. I didn't want to go through all 290 pages I have not read, so yeah... Thanks for the link.

I have not read every single page of this forum. From my understanding (based on the pages I have read and my opinion) this is not a real hacker attack, but rather BIS trying to hint the release of something. Is this correct?

@5LEvEN

Thats what we think but BIS are keeping quiet

If it was real BIS would have tightened security after the first attack and prevented the billboard pic, and they would have clearly said "This was not us" on ArmA2.com, it's obviously an ARG by BIS

EDIT: And this thread would have been closed ages ago

Quoteded my-self so I dont have to say it again

Edited by ArmAriffic

But it has nothing do to with this topic, right?

No one from either company (BI or the devs of Iron Front) has said it's not related to our little detective game here....

;1916401']the physics behind a ball hitting a wall.

You just made me think, Nvidia PhysX being implanted? :bounce3: :D :bounce3:

That would be amazing if they added Nvidia Physx. I get the feeling though that this is not a preview of a new title, but just DLC. IDK it just seems that them releasing arma 2 reinforcements not too long ago makes it so that a new game would be too early.

You just made me think, Nvidia PhysX being implanted?

Not Nvidia physX but possibly/probably something along those lines :rolleyes:

Can't see a related post - would a wall being knocked down refer to the fall of the Berlin Wall in some way, instead of some form of Physix ?

cj

This is getting scary -tempting me to start actually dreaming about an Arma with enhanced physics engine -I'd never thought I'd see or await the day.

Somebody slap me when it's revealed!

That would be amazing if they added Nvidia Physx. I get the feeling though that this is not a preview of a new title, but just DLC. IDK it just seems that them releasing arma 2 reinforcements not too long ago makes it so that a new game would be too early.

But at the same time, there is a lot of evidence to point that this could be a massive new game:

1. This is possibly the biggest run-up to a reveal ever, bigger than Portal 2s by about 4 days.

2. Using terms such as "The World Will Change" usually equates to some seriously new stuff.

3. The team have been using the same engine since 2001's OFP, and gradually been upgrading it ever since. Plenty of time to have been working on another engine in the background.

4. Releasing ArmA 2: Combined Operations and Reinforcements clarifies that they are looking to bring the whole product together one last time for some final sales, before announcing their next project.

5. Bohemia have said themselves, they find their own engine very difficult to handle (reinforces statement 3)

With all this in mind, I'm excited. :bounce3:

Can't see a related post - would a wall being knocked down refer to the fall of the Berlin Wall in some way, instead of some form of Physix ?

cj

That animation right there is the signature tech demo for a physics engine. Download any physics engine that comes with samples/demos and you will find that exact thing.

could be breaking the wall ... breaking the borders ... milestone ... put it together with World will change and you could be thinking about something Matrix liked :-D ... just drank a big mug of cofee ;)

Edited by UnuldorCZ

@Sergeantshizzle You do have a very good point. And about the Combine it into one package I was thinking the same, but I am still not sure of it. Either way if they release a new game (maybe arma 3...) I will be very very happy :D

@Sergeantshizzle You do have a very good point. And about the Combine it into one package I was thinking the same, but I am still not sure of it. Either way if they release a new game (maybe arma 3...) I will be very very happy :D

If they release an ArmA 3, I will cancel my Skyrim pre-order, hands down...

Well, maybe I might order them both or something :D

Just do not forget that they can announce it on Monday but release it in 2 years :)

If they release an ArmA 3, I will cancel my Skyrim pre-order, hands down...

Well, maybe I might order them both or something :D

This is no cheap moh or cod, where evry year new part apears.

its to early for Arma 3.

Not Nvidia physX but possibly/probably something along those lines :rolleyes:

Seeing they already tried and failed with real-time physics, because it was a major CPU hog, I have serious doubts about this. If they did though, wouldn't that mean they would need to rewrite a whole lot of code? It would mean major changes (I assume) to ballistics and anything else that is related to physics. Not to mention that the ballistics would need to give the same outcome/result as for people without that DLC. Unless this is part of a free patch. Which from a business perspective would be a bad idea. A whole lot of production into something that doesn't give you a profit.

Unless we're talking about a whole new game, I don't think physics is the case here.

Edited by colossus
typo

Call of Duty appears "every year" because two studios are developing the games. Technically, a Call of Duty title takes 2 years to make. Not 1. And 2 years is about the industry standard ;)

This is no cheap moh or cod, where evry year new part apears.

its to early for Arma 3.

Secret development running alongside ARMA2 updates and DLC's?

There has been a lot of talk about a new game now, BIS people ARE reading the thread. They must have thought that the magnitude of a scheme like this could trigger such a rumor. If it was indeed false, or this was not as big as the things looks like wouldn't it be wize of BI to call it off or to reveal it... Or at least issue a statement that this is not true?

Seeing they already tried and fail with real-time physics, because it was a major CPU hog, I have serious doubts about this. If they did though, wouldn't that mean they would need to rewrite a whole lot of code? It would mean major changes (I assume) to ballistics and anything else that is related to physics. Not to mention that the ballistics would need to give the same outcome/result as for people without that DLC. Unless this is part of a free patch. Which from a business perspective would be a bad idea. A whole lot of production into something that doesn't give you a profit.

Unless we're talking about a whole new game, I don't think physics is the case here.

i guess we can all agree by now this is either about EP2 or game3, and by no means a DLC

i guess we can all agree by now this is either about EP2 or game3, and by no means a DLC

Definitely, I can't believe people were even contemplating that this might be a DLC, I'm starting to doubt it's even an expansion pack (and trust me, there has not been a single BIS expansion that has not been massive).

Expansion = A new big uppgrade for the game engine and a new story, new big map(s) many new weapons, vehicles and factions.

DLC = New content like smaller engine uppgrades and a new army with a smaller map.

DLCs can't be too big because it would take too long to download 10G which an expansion mostly is.

It's been 3 years... game released 2009...

I'm voting on new campaign!