Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

SA9 port from Arma1

Franze was kind enough to give me permission to port his SA9 addon to Arma2! Franze started this as an addon for Arma1. Credit goes to him for creating this great addon! I simply ported into Arma2.

v1.3 released!

v1.3 MLOD is also available at the same link!

sa9v1.3.jpg

Download here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#!/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265&sc=documents&uc=1&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211791

==============

CHANGELOG:

==============

v1.3: 2/9/2013

FIX: Removed dependencies on my BRDM2IMP mod

NEW: Resupply ammunition box "fza_sa9_ammobox"

v1.2: 11/2/2011

NEW: Magazine count is increased to 2 magazines (8 rounds total). Magazine reload time is 100 seconds (reflects real-world reload times).

NEW: Wheels can now be damaged.

NEW: Deployable camo nets. Nets use hidden selections for alternative camo net patterns (usually per faction).

NEW: Custom map icon.

NEW: Groups for every faction. Air Defense Platoons, Air Defense Squads, and numerous Patrol groups for UN faction.

IMPROVED: 3D model now has spare launcher tubes on side racks and passive radar nodes on both sides of vehicle (based on images of real world vehicle).

IMPROVED: Engine and Fuel Tank damage.

FIX: Removed all errors from RPT.

FIX: 3D model hatches fully modelled for Turn Out views. Crew no longer sticks "through-the-roof" when turned out.

FIX: Surf board shadow animation.

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

Original SA9 model by Franze

Port to Arma2 by hcpookie

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

This mod uses the Arma1 P3D model created by Franze (BIS forum moderator). I've included the MLOD in the download as per Franze's request. Please contact Franze for permission to reuse!

////////////////////////////

previous....

////////////////////////////

v1.1 Changelog:

============

NEW: Deployable camo nets around most vehicles! Driver controlled. Net can only be used when vehicle is stopped! It prevents movement by removing fuel until packed away. Leaving the vehicle when net is deployed can cause the AI to report "low fuel". Fuel is returned when the camo net is stowed. This was the only way to ensure you don't have a "driving net" vehicle.

NEW: Now signed with V2 keys; new "pook_v2.bikey" included.

FIX: Some minor model issues.

FIX: Correct brake light issue.

FIX: Corrected factions! All BIS factions now represented correctly:

fza_sa9 // Russian-East

fza_sa9_CDF // CDF-West

fza_sa9_CDF_IND // CDF-Independent >>> New faction; Independent CDF

fza_sa9_GUE // NAPA-Guerilla-Independent

fza_sa9_INS // ChDKZ-Insurgent-East

fza_sa9_TAK // Tak-East

fza_sa9_TK_GUE // TAK-Locals-Independent

fza_sa9_TK_INS // TAK-Militia-East

fza_sa9_UNO // UNO-Independent

=============================

Flag / Country / Squad Logos:

=============================

The original BRDM2 textures contain the country flag. I altered these to be clear of any flags. The clan logo by default has the flag textures. If you wish to use no logo/flag at all, simply insert the following in the vehicles init in the editor:

this setObjectTexture [3, "fza_sa9\data\clear_empty.paa"];

This will use the "empty" texture for the insignia. If you wish to use a custom logo, new country flag, etc. then use this instead:

this setObjectTexture [3, "your_custom_logo_name.paa"];

This should allow some flexibility for use by different squads or simulation of different countries (without changing the units). I am open to releasing additional country units if custom textures are provided!

The lower texture can use number logos, etc. by using the following:

this setObjectTexture [4, "your_logo_name.paa"];

Reskins for different camo patterns can use the following:

this setObjectTexture [0, "your_camo_texture.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [1, "your_wheel_texture.paa"];

this setObjectTexture [2, "your_launcher_texture.paa"];

Tested in MP

===========

My buddy and I have been testing this and so far it works great! The missiles can be spoofed but not easily.

http://jcowqw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pc_133THjGDr4eJ5-jZ6jtGNaX3e9uBYxQgMt1DCbdUe2ICrIlOSFpoyFQxUbCIVC6Wx33f6n3M06LSe8C5Yqg-YL4HutW0ao/sa9_v1.0_1.jpg

http://jcowqw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pNGtrIZtCKwZvAve_RfmENojbKfgGlUSpwJDOIahaj6qRFfTvFhXEwpr4rwVfx2fQ47Dh9ZTpR8DGlSExLCX7EwRAkCK-OnTj/sa9_v1.0_2.jpg

http://jcowqw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pvmzyARIoIWNrWXzfRuxoyNLQQdB9J2g3DbSipDo7GvbdnEQXXskhG1C1H0Y8LOst0l6o7V9g2KRzy8df8VnvrOWRt3EgHpl2/sa9_preview.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by hcpookie
v1.2 release

Looks wonderfull hcpookie !

Is there any way to make the hatches opened when the crew is turned out ? That would be really realistic.

Looks wonderfull hcpookie !

Is there any way to make the hatches opened when the crew is turned out ? That would be really realistic.

they do! They open and close fully animated. Of course the brdm chassis has only the front hatches.

cool.

something to join/counter South African SPAAG and SPAAM vehicles.

looking good, all ways good for some more anti air units

I hate you.

This will be my biggest fear until Nou finishes his SA15... Evvvviiiil russian anti air!

I hate you.

This will be my biggest fear until Nou finishes his SA15... Evvvviiiil russian anti air!

wait until proper SA19 port was made ;)

wait until proper SA19 port was made ;)

Tungustas are ok to deal with, my real fear is someone making a TOR or S300 system... those are beyond scary.

v1.0 released! Info in first post.

Moving from Discussion to Complete due to release status...

Nice port man, good to see some quality vehicles being ported again.

Tungustas are ok to deal with, my real fear is someone making a TOR or S300 system... those are beyond scary.

S300 usage on island-sizes, typical for Arma2, nowdays is meaningless :)

why not S400 btw ? :)

upgraded TOR can cause issues, as well as modded tunguska[not ADF version aka Pantsur-x derrivatives], but nothing that can't be dealt with. as usual.

Thanks for the comments!

Thanks Foxhound for the mirror! :)

I do agree that some of the newer more lethal SAMs would be difficult to model properly given the limitations of the Arma2 engine's radar modelling. It would be interesting to see how some of these would work, however, in some of the bigger maps.

The SA-13 uses the same basic launcher but with an MTLB troop transport chassis. If there's an MTLB model, it would be a copy-and-paste job to add that turret and logic to make the SA-13 work. I know Vilas recently released his MLODs for community development, and one of the arty pieces is based on the MTLB chassis. So some hope exists for a quick conversion if one were to try to modify that model in Oxygen, but I don't think I will have the time to do so in the near future.

Thank you! Thank you so much!

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth...Am I being super thick when I ask if the NAPA version is suppose to be sporting Insurgent colours(even though the NAPA version is correctly crewed by NAPA soldiers)?

And finally, in CO\OA at least, CDF soldiers might be filling the UNO ranks ingame, but the faction name isn't CDF, it's UNO....I realise not everyone has CO\OA, but if a faction for the CDF is gonna be created on the Independent side anyway, mind calling it UNO?

None of this is biggie, thanks again!

PS. In the movie "Behind enemy lines", is the a BMP-2 that fires the 2 missiles in the beginning outfiited with this same AA launcher or is it just me? Happened to be downloading the mod while watching the movie...coincidence?!

@PROTOTYPE 001-When you're right you're right...the thickest thing is how I asked the question, so I don't even deserve the change....jeeeez....I meant to say that it's obviously wrong, can it be corrected?....*bows...leaves...gunshot goes off...*

I am going to sign this with the v2 key soon, so I will double-check the factions. Thanks for reminding me!

Behind Enemy Lines - fairly certain the launcher was an SA-13 which is an SA-9 on an MTLB chassis. Same thing on a BRDM chassis and you have the SA-9. Of course the missile was not accurately modelled in in the movie, but that's a different discussion :)

@hcpookie - thanks for the reply, thanks for the effort, and yes, please don't include the 5x180degree turning capability of those 2 missiles:D