Sign in to follow this  
walker

Casio Watches the sign of Al Qaeda!

Hi all

You got a casio watch? Well watch out when entering the US because the US military thinks it means your an Al Qaeda suspect!

Guantánamo Bay files: Casio wristwatch 'the sign of al-Qaida'Casio F-91W, a cheap digital watch sold around the world, was taken as evidence of detainees having bomb-making training

James Ball The Guardian, Monday 25 April 2011 Article history

The Casio F-91W wristwatch, regarded by Guantánamo Bay interrogators as a sign of al-Qaida involvement.

It is cheap, basic and widely available around the world. Yet the Casio F-91W digital watch was declared to be "the sign of al-Qaida" and a contributing factor to continued detention of prisoners by the analysts stationed at Guantánamo Bay.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/25/guantanamo-files-casio-wristwatch-alqaida

As always follow the link to the original article in full

599px-Casio_F-91W.jpg

Mugshot of the watch to watch out for.

I have had a Casio G-Shock watch since they came out and others like the one in the picture before that but I can not remember a free bomb making course being part of the package?

More details on this vital terrorist weapon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F91W

The Casio_F91W is the AK47 of watches with millions of them proliferated around the world by unscrupulous international jewelry dealers.

BBC NEWS article on this infamous bit of military tech!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13194733

Do we need to add this watch to ACE? Or should it be in Vanilla ArmA?

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Casio's are awesome. Small, light, sturdy, reliable and cheap enough that you dont have to care about breaking them. Perfect for taking out on exercise.

UUUh, i'am getting scared. Al Quaida is everywhere. :rolleyes:

Just if its secret does not mean its the truth. There was a lot of BS in the Wikileak files. You can make an bomb fuze by nearly everything. Egg Timers, Cellphones, you just need a source of energy.

I haven't worn such a watch for years, but I do have at least one in a drawer somewhere. If I'm ever raided for any reason I suppose I can expect to be extraordinarily renditioned out of public existence.

I have that watch as well, though I haven't worn it in years. Where should I report for detention/deportation? :j:

On the upside, that watch has more processing power than most politicians and public officials :bounce3:

Yet the Casio F-91W digital watch was declared to be "the sign of al-Qaida" and a contributing factor to continued detention of prisoners by the analysts stationed at Guantánamo Bay.
Anal ... ists. Stoopid iz, az' stoopid duz' ... :ftvsmilie2:

Ex 80's Skoda's will be next.

Anal ... ists. Stoopid iz, az' stoopid duz' ... :ftvsmilie2:

Ex 80's Skoda's will be next.

You cannot beat Toyota Hi-Lux with that you know:D

Does anyone remember when they told owners of Gunstores and Shops for Hunting supplies and Outdoor stuff, that they should look for lose fingers and scars on the hands of their customers? Maybee its an white al quaida bomb builder.

What do you think how many woodcutters, hunters and farmers have scars on their hands...

Lol ffs,

been in the trade for years, I will have to check the stock tomorrow.

IMHO, the biggest problem avec Casio is the blinking straps that are "troublesome".

I have ordered 10 of them right now via Internizzle for me and my Brethren.

We hold our traditional "terror camp" drinking beer into the may.

The watches will show accomplished training inside the brotherhood in future... thanks for this valuable information.

I have ordered 10 of them right now via Internizzle for me and my Brethren.

We hold our traditional "terror camp" drinking beer into the may.

The watches will show accomplished training inside the brotherhood in future... thanks for this valuable information.

LOL, nice Idea