Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Thank you for the fix! Updating now. Thought I was screwing something up majorly, lol. Looked all through the thread and couldn't find someone with the same issue.

Hope you're not downloading anything now...i haven't uploaded it yet lol (my PC crashed :mad:), but I'll post an new link to the v1.2 patch.

The new patch will fix the broken intro, but also removed the IED Pack requirement and replaced them with the BAF IEDs. It will still work if you don't have the BAF DLC, the IEDs will just be low-res.

I did! Oops! Lol. I'll wait till I see v1.2. Thanks again for taking the time to fix it.

Update:

Here it is, the fix for the broken intro. Somehow I uploaded an old beta by accident, so all of the missions weren't the latest ones anyway. Since I was already working on the next version of the game, I've included the work done thus far...which so far is just the removal of the IED Addon requirement. Instead, I've included the BAF IEDs. If you don't have the BAF DLC, the IEDs will appear low-res (which will probably make them easier to spot lol).

Version History:

1.2 | 21 June 2011

-Fixed broken/repeating Introduction

-Included actual updated missions

-Removed IED Pack addon, replaced with BAF

v1.2 Mirrors:

Refer to first post for latest update

Edited by TheRev709

Sry to say, but u screwed up again, m8 :p

Now it wants an addon 'hifi_m134' which isn´t listed under your requirements :rolleyes:

Ah well, take your time, don´t hasten things but do them thoroughly :)

thats what I get for editing missions with sound mods enable... working on it now

Edit: v1.2 will work with the WarFX mod. v1.3 is uploading now.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:32 PM ----------

Update:

Version History:

1.3 | 21 June 2011

-Fixed requirement for WarFX

-Added name tag script

v1.3 Mirrors:

Edited by TheRev709

Is the new patch working for you guys? I tested it using only the required addons and it worked fine on my end. Keep on posting any bugs you find and have fun :D

Really nice campaign!

But can you add radio savegame? like 0-0-0?

Update:

Version History:

1.4 | 24 June 2011

-Removed NIM Weather, AC-130, Mando Missile, and SAS/SBS Pack addon requirements

-Fixed mission bugs in Avarice and Ride the Lightning missions

v1.4 Mirrors:

Also: I highly recommend using Army Special Forces Replacement Pack by Binkowski and

US Army Infantry Multicam Replacement Pack by Nixo91 and BigMorgan. They're a quick fix to modernizing and improving Arma 2 OA like no other.

Heres some quick screenies from SoV to convince ya: :yay:

ArmA2OA2011-06-2323-41-52-69.jpg

ArmA2OA2011-06-2323-41-49-32.jpg

ArmA2OA2011-06-2323-42-47-74.jpg

ArmA2OA2011-06-2323-42-44-74.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Really nice campaign!

But can you add radio savegame? like 0-0-0?

Like the idea, I'll toss that in for the next update :D

Edited by TheRev709

Getting the error "Addon RWS_HK416 requires addon 'acex_main'"

Is the campaign meant to be run with ACE or?

@azz_er

Some weapon packs of RH have also in itself config for ACE, check if you copied it by mistake to yours addons, if yes delate them. Maybe this is a problem.

If you have RH HK416 Pack v1.1 for arma 2 its have ace config. Download v1.21 for Arma2 CO/OA and delate old rh pack.

Edited by tom3kb

Getting the error "Addon RWS_HK416 requires addon 'acex_main'"

Is the campaign meant to be run with ACE or?

No, you just trying to run RWS HK sound mod without ACE as it is meant for their HKs... Try disabling "RWS_HK416" and "RWS_HK417" pbo's.

BTW, awesome campaign USRanger! Haven't complete it yet but I sure will soon... :)

I really like your campaign. It has a nice atmosphere.

There is only on large problem with it. Each time when you fail a mission it restarts completely! It doesnt revert to the latest autosave or manual save. The option to load your manual save is also gone. This a big showstopper for me. It isn't fun to be forced to completely redo the mission after you spend 30 minuts on it and failed. When this is fixed I might try the campaign again. For now it's to boring to redo missions, after a failure.

I really like your campaign. It has a nice atmosphere.

There is only on large problem with it. Each time when you fail a mission it restarts completely! It doesnt revert to the latest autosave or manual save. The option to load your manual save is also gone. This a big showstopper for me. It isn't fun to be forced to completely redo the mission after you spend 30 minuts on it and failed. When this is fixed I might try the campaign again. For now it's to boring to redo missions, after a failure.

Ahh, that reminds me to put in a hint. What happens is if your character dies, you have to hit escape and revert within ~fifteen seconds before the mission restarts. This is my bad, I meant to put that in with the last patch. It will be included in the next one.

Just found out that somehow the "Where Eagles Dare" mission still requires the SAS/SBS Addon. I'm working on a lot of little bug fixes and gameplay changes for v1.5. Because of the SAS/SBS requirement I'm gonna try and push v1.5 out by tomorrow. Until then, you'll still need the TF86 SAS/SBS Pack is still required for that one mission.

Edited by TheRev709

;1964868']No' date=' you just trying to run RWS HK sound mod without ACE as it is meant for their HKs... Try disabling "RWS_HK416" and "RWS_HK417" pbo's.

BTW, awesome campaign USRanger! Haven't complete it yet but I sure will soon... :)[/quote']

Ah yeah, cheers mate! Fixed :D

Update:

Version History:

1.5 | 25 June 2011

-Fixed missing fog.fsm files

-Tweaked and fixed scripts in Ride the Lightning

-Tweaked Where Eagles Dare - added PMC DLC

-Removed TF86 SAS/SBS Addon requirement for Where Eagles Dare

-Added hint to remind player to revert to save after main characters die

-Added PMC and BAF weapons to briefing screen

-Various other minor bug fixes and game play/mission tweaks

v1.5 Mirrors:

Please refer to first post for latest version

Edited by TheRev709

Hey ranger, Don't use any lose triggers. In my campaign, if specter is killed or an important objective is failed, I call on a script that fades to black and kills all playable characters after a 10 second hint. This way you can revert.

I've started playing this campaign, just after Sick1 campaign. Dressing is better, especially voice acting and fantastic music. I like those fancy red|white names with description in the first mission after FOB defending :)

Unfortunately the feel of the war is better when I play Sick1 campaign... he got better ideas for progress of the mission. I've notice that enemy soldiers sometimes spawn 200~300m near to my team, that's very bad idea.

Also it would me nice to have training of mando missiles options instead of range shooting. This MM thing is a black magic for me. I use it once and I've no idea how I did that there was parachute drop, AH64, two planes ect. Whole army came to me at once :D

You guys should start doing missions or campaigns together... there is still a lot of time before ArmA3 release. Do for us something better then BIS did :P

Hey ranger, Don't use any lose triggers. In my campaign, if specter is killed or an important objective is failed, I call on a script that fades to black and kills all playable characters after a 10 second hint. This way you can revert.

Wilco, on the to-do list :D

As long as there are no major bugs, I'm gonna take some time with v1.6 to let all the minor bugs filter through.

I've started playing this campaign, just after Sick1 campaign. Dressing is better, especially voice acting and fantastic music. I like those fancy red|white names with description in the first mission after FOB defending :)

Unfortunately the feel of the war is better when I play Sick1 campaign... he got better ideas for progress of the mission. I've notice that enemy soldiers sometimes spawn 200~300m near to my team, that's very bad idea.

Also it would me nice to have training of mando missiles options instead of range shooting. This MM thing is a black magic for me. I use it once and I've no idea how I did that there was parachute drop, AH64, two planes ect. Whole army came to me at once :D

You guys should start doing missions or campaigns together... there is still a lot of time before ArmA3 release. Do for us something better then BIS did :P

Roger that, 'The Stan' will be getting a little update with info on the AC-130 and MMA Air Support scripts.

I understand a few missions have a few baddies spawn close, but thats because you're supposed to desperately hold out on the OBJ until evac arrives. I'll see what I can do to mask or move around the opfor spawns.

Hope you have fun continuing the campaign, I tried to keep the missions as varied as possible to keep things interesting ;)

No savegame yet?

Ahh crap, sorry mate forgot about that one. I'm putting it on my to do list as we speak.

Argh!

Please note that said "Argh!" was from my playing experiences on June 23. I just got home from a very busy past several days, and am now only able to load up my error report.

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4pal0y29xoszuu4

The mission is freezing up precisely where it did a month or so ago, when "The 'Stan" starts to load, it just hangs on the loading screen, the one with the German Shepherd image on it.

This is quite frustrating to me, as I've tried getting beyond this bug before numerous times. This is my fourth time replaying the campaign from the very beginning, and as much as I enjoy your hard work, it's frustrating to never be able to get past this serious hiccup.

Any remedy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all that you do for our community!

Argh!

Please note that said "Argh!" was from my playing experiences on June 23. I just got home from a very busy past several days, and am now only able to load up my error report.

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4pal0y29xoszuu4

The mission is freezing up precisely where it did a month or so ago, when "The 'Stan" starts to load, it just hangs on the loading screen, the one with the German Shepherd image on it.

This is quite frustrating to me, as I've tried getting beyond this bug before numerous times. This is my fourth time replaying the campaign from the very beginning, and as much as I enjoy your hard work, it's frustrating to never be able to get past this serious hiccup.

Any remedy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all that you do for our community!

Did you install v1.5? It was released on the 25th. According to your .rpt file the game is crashing because you don't have the SAS/SBS pack installed. With v1.5 you don't need it anymore. Try installing the latest version and reverting to the beginning of "The Stan."

Also, can you list all of the mods you have installed?

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Official Announcement:

Preliminary Work has begun for:

SOV2Teaser2.jpg

Features:

• Full blown, all out campaign taking you from the jungles of Central America, to the African savannahs, to Eastern Europe and beyond.
  • Complete voice acting and inter-mission cut scenes
  • Use of high quality mods as scripts such as Group Link 4, Mando Missiles, and AC-130s.
  • High quality addons from Binkowski, DaveyGary, Icebreaker, and many more.
  • Play a variety of different characters, from elite Special Operators and CIA Spooks, to Tank Commanders and Fighter Pilots.

No worries, I'll still be working on bug fixes on SOV1, but all the lessons learned are going to be applied to SOV2 :D Hopefully it wont take me another year ... ;)

Edited by TheRev709