Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Shield, I also had this problem. Tried to find actions or openings all over and around the train but couldn't find anything!

Thank you for this incredible campaign! I just got a problem on the mission "four horsemen"

after I interrogate the man I go to the train station and put all my team in the wagon but mothing happened...and the "marker" of objective is very far from the train station (more than 10 000m) did I miss something?

except that little problem this campaign is excellent and I enjoyed playing it!!

Whats supposed to happen is the screen goes black, you hear some train noises, then the screen comes back to the game with you're team at another train station. Can you tell me what your .rpt file says?

Whats supposed to happen is the screen goes black, you hear some train noises, then the screen comes back to the game with you're team at another train station. Can you tell me what your .rpt file says?

Thanks for your quick response, the .rpt file is pretty big but I've found something about the mission

1:21:34,963 (0:00:00,000) [x\cba\addons\common\init.sqf:4] MISSINIT: missionName=1M9-TF94-Four%20Horsemen, worldName=namalsk, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true

[115027,4895.35,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[115027,4895.47,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

1:21:35,550 (0:00:00,050) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:5] : cba_versioning_versions=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,4,1,102],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

Error in expression <(NIM_WeirdCheck)>

Error position: <NIM_WeirdCheck)>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: nim_weirdcheck

Error in expression <[_unit] join grpnull>

Error position: <_unit] join grpnull>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _unit

Error in expression <deletevehicle _unit>

Error position: <_unit>

Error Variable indéfinie dans une expression: _unit

House not found in the list

House 19df7d00# 170051: x_x18_text_upravuji.p3d (from) not found in the operative map

House 19df7d00# 170051: x_x18_text_upravuji.p3d (from) not found in the operative map

[116173,4954.13,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[116173,4954.39,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[116173,4954.41,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]

[116175,4954.53,0.04,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[116175,4954.6,0.04,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

1:22:34,486 (0:00:00,278) [x\cba\addons\common\init.sqf:4] MISSINIT: missionName=standalone_intro, worldName=namalsk, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true

1:22:34,706 (0:00:00,278) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:5] : cba_versioning_versions=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,4,1,102],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

Warning Message: Campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1M9-TF94-Four%20Horsemen.namalsk\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item69/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class AIISpawn_NS_AII no longer exists

Warning Message: Campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1M9-TF94-Four%20Horsemen.namalsk\mission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item42.vehicle: Vehicle class ns_servery no longer exists

Type AIISpawn_NS_AII is not VehicleType

if you want I can send you the complete .rpt file

thank's for your help!!

G'day there,

Congrats on your first release - I figured I'd give this a tilt, and so far I'm up to the first mission.

A few minor issues:

- There's no point having the medical module if the player has no teammates to heal him/herself. Otherwise, you basically condemn the player to death as soon as that good ole "AHHH!" appears.

- Music too loud, and probably a bit too desperate given the situation. We're not flying a minigun-toting Blackhawk over a burning Washington, after all.

- You need to punish the player when they do retarded shit. For example, I got the "report in to the CP" objective, walked in and promptly killed the captain, the officer on the chair and that random dude in a dishdash. The mission continued, I got my objectives as normal and toddled off out front without anyone raising an eyebrow. I suggest having a trigger or conditioned SQF which ends the mission when one of the critical characters dies out of place or when the player gets a too negative rating.

Will continue playing and posting as I see it. Big kudos for having voice acting - it drives me nuts when missions don't have it.

Weird, so after the mission ends is there a cut scene or does it just restart on its own?

After I killed the warlord it say you have killed the objective then the mission restartes itself. I thought I was suppose to kill him according to the mission's tasks.

After I killed the warlord it say you have killed the objective then the mission restartes itself. I thought I was suppose to kill him according to the mission's tasks.

You should have to "talk" to him first (I don't recall if its a trigger or if an action menu, so try to click on him). Then you get orders to kill him from your CO over the radio. You can't kill him until ordered to, but if it still restarts after you're ordered too, somethings wrong. Try the endmission cheat while I look into this. Sorry for the issues!

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

G'day there,

Congrats on your first release - I figured I'd give this a tilt, and so far I'm up to the first mission.

A few minor issues:

- There's no point having the medical module if the player has no teammates to heal him/herself. Otherwise, you basically condemn the player to death as soon as that good ole "AHHH!" appears.

- Music too loud, and probably a bit too desperate given the situation. We're not flying a minigun-toting Blackhawk over a burning Washington, after all.

- You need to punish the player when they do retarded shit. For example, I got the "report in to the CP" objective, walked in and promptly killed the captain, the officer on the chair and that random dude in a dishdash. The mission continued, I got my objectives as normal and toddled off out front without anyone raising an eyebrow. I suggest having a trigger or conditioned SQF which ends the mission when one of the critical characters dies out of place or when the player gets a too negative rating.

Will continue playing and posting as I see it. Big kudos for having voice acting - it drives me nuts when missions don't have it.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it comin!

The music volume will be fixed with the first patch, and so will the small stuff like the first aid module (forgot that was even in the first mission lol). As for punishing retarded players, I agree, but I don't think I can possibly think of all the ways people can be retarded, but I'll try ;)

Ahhh kk thanks. Well I already got fed up because I don't like to keep playing the same mission once too many so I used endmission cheat. Didn't know you got to talk to him first. I just saw an opening in the wall and shot through because I thought the order was kill him on the spot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason when I try to continue mission on Avarice, ARMA 2 just freezes up and will not go. I have to ctrl alt del and terminate the ARMA 2 process on this one.

Edited by Phantom Six

Update:

I'm still working on all the various fixes that I know about, and am trying to figure out why some people can't continue mission or have CTDs.

Unfortunately this summer is becoming a busy one for me, so I cannot promise a release date. I'm working two jobs, am moving next month, and have gained a considerable amount of weight this past year (mostly from quitting my outdoor hobbies in the interest of time/money and just playing computer games all day). I'll do what I can, but my job and health take priority here.

As my first major campaign release I'm happy with the feed back thus far, and if (when really) I release a second one I promise a significant improvement in quality overall.

I'll continue to try and get through v1.1 and hopefully have something for you all soon. Otherwise, if you are still having major issues, just copy and paste your .rpt files and PM them to me.

Thanks!

focus on your life and health first. You can get the campaign done later by time, I'll be patient, don't worry. I also do outdoor hobbies myself, a lot of it from sports here and there and sometimes to hang out with friends and yeah. It wouldn't be good at all to gain too much weight over time which would be bad for looks and future health.

For some reason when I try to continue mission on Avarice, ARMA 2 just freezes up and will not go. I have to ctrl alt del and terminate the ARMA 2 process on this one.

Odd, can you copy and paste in a PM the .rpt file after the crash?

focus on your life and health first. You can get the campaign done later by time, I'll be patient, don't worry. I also do outdoor hobbies myself, a lot of it from sports here and there and sometimes to hang out with friends and yeah. It wouldn't be good at all to gain too much weight over time which would be bad for looks and future health.

Thanks for the support man!

Hey dude, thanks for the entertainment you provided!

Thanks for enjoying it!

Blargh, best gauntlet time is 39.9... terrible. :( Need to use a sidearm next time for more sprint speed.

Better time that I ever got...oh, and pics or it didn't happen :P

I have reconfirmed that Avarice now works for me. Sorry for the inconvenience, it was an addon issue that was making my game crash. I have so many addons downloaded so I disabled the addon that was causing me problems.

I've tried everything that I can and still keep getting:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.SJB_SAS_Units

Missing addons detected:

SJB_SAS_Units

Downloaded and installed SJB numerous times and still can't get the game going.

I just don't know what to do anymore....me sad...

@Kommiekat can you go into the editor and play around with the addon units? Also, double check and make sure you put the .pbo file in an /addon folder inside of the /@addon folder, so its: Arma2OA/@SBJSAS/addons. Sometimes I would forget to put the "addons" folder in there, or mispell it as "addon."

SITREP:

Version 1.1 will be released tomorrow. I'm finishing it now. Change log:

1. Lowered music in all levels.
  2. Added subtitles to cut scenes.
  3. Numerous mission and bug fixes.

*note: I haven't fixed every single bug reported to me, only the ones I've managed to figure out thus far. I'm still going through and trying to fix up all the little scripting errors, that's gonna take a while to pinpoint... but as long as the scripts work as they should, its not a top priority. If you're still having problems, please PM me your .rpt file so I can dig through it.

EDIT:

UPDATE: For whatever reason Arma won't load for me today, and I'm having either hard drive or motherboard or OS issues gallore, so nothing is working. Before A2/OA quit working I was trying to test the campaign to make sure it loaded in game after I put it in a .pbo... it wasn't. Then everything quit working and thats where I'm at now. I'm doing everything I can short of buying a new PC and starting from scratch to get this silly patch out today!

Edited by TheRev709

UPDATE:

Version 1.1 Available

v1.1 Mirrors:

Refer to first post for latest update.

Version History:

1.0 | 18 APril 2011

-First release

1.1 | 20 June 2011

-Lowered Volume

-Added Subtitles to cutscenes

-Removed RH's SMG and MK18 pack from required addons

-Various bug fixes and quality changes

I've also added the following to the recommended addons list, as I've been testing them and feel they add a totally new element to the game:

WarFX Blastcore by Opticalsnare

J.S.R.S by LordJarhead

Army Special Forces Replacement Pack by Binkowski

US Army Infantry Multicam Replacement Pack by Nixo91 and BigMorgan

Edited by TheRev709

Thanks Ranger going to play it again and let you know if I find any bugs. If you need any help solving bugs let me know.

Thanks Ranger going to play it again and let you know if I find any bugs. If you need any help solving bugs let me know.

Good deal thanks man! I will definitely let you know, as I'm sure I'll have some Qs :yay:

Also, your FOB design in your DEVGRU camp was top-freakin-notch I borrowed a few idears for my Faith Lost FOB (thought its still a far cry from the quality of your base). Hope you don't mind, but I gotta admit a ton of my work has been inspired by yours! And on that note I hope I don't gotta wait for Arma 3 for another Sick1 campaign ;)

For version 1.2 I'm going to keep up bug squashing, but also cutting out as many of the required addons I can. I'll be replacing the IED pack with the IEDs from BAF. So if anyone doesn't have the BAF addon, these IEDs will be low-res, and thus probably easier to spot... lol. I'm going to try and see how well I can replace the weather effects from NIMs weather addon, but I won't sacrifice quality if I can't replicate them myself. The AC-130 addon was once just a script, but now is packed in an addon since it has so many awesome features. Since I only take advantage of a few of those features, I'm going to see if I can't get it packed into a script and thus not require an addon. I also regret not using the SAS pack more than I did, but felt their models fit the Spook character perfectly. Sadly, the rest of the SAS/SBS guys are just background characters for cutscenes :/ I might reconsider and just use a Tier 1 model for the character... And on that note, I'm going to examine replacing the A2 Desert Mercs with the OA Desert Mercs. It will require a lot of work, so I'll have to weight the pros and cons.

Oh, and preliminary work for Soldiers of Valor 2 is in the works. Stay tuned.

Edited by TheRev709

New version :) thanks, i will play again your campaign but first i must finish Devgru. :)

I'm trying to get this working, but it seems as though the first cut scene just keeps replaying. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

I'm trying to get this working, but it seems as though the first cut scene just keeps replaying. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

THIS!

1.0 worked perfectly; after updating to 1.1 just the intro is replaying over and over again :confused:

My RPT says something about 'MISSINIT, standalone_ intro, namalsk, false, true, false...

Plz check ´n fix ;)

Ugh, I only tested it to make sure it loaded in game, I admit. Don't know what went wrong considering I never even touched the intro...

I'm working on this, expect an update as soon as I fix it.

EDIT: Fixed it, uploading hotfix now.

Edited by TheRev709

Thank you for the fix! Updating now. Thought I was screwing something up majorly, lol. Looked all through the thread and couldn't find someone with the same issue.

EDIT: Oops!

Edited by Ghost113