Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Could I ask that the pre existing MP Missions have an option added to turn grass off.

My computer is OLD (year 2001 model specifically Dell Dimension 4600) and grass lags me horribly.

Also I like D-Day, but could we somehow alter it so that we get the whole atmosphere without the lag inducing extra AI and perhaps slim it down to a smaller area.

Could I ask that the pre existing MP Missions have an option added to turn grass off.

My computer is OLD (year 2001 model specifically Dell Dimension 4600) and grass lags me horribly.

Also I like D-Day, but could we somehow alter it so that we get the whole atmosphere without the lag inducing extra AI and perhaps slim it down to a smaller area.

2001 model might be way too old to run this game.

Anyway, what I would like to see is that the most common server owners (*cough* KH *cough*) would allow some wiggle room with addons. Like allow ppl to lower the VD on the fly with MWVD and so on. And perhaps some PROPER and GDT grass/house/environment tweak addons etc. Something that does not create a huge advantage ( read: cheat) but gives the client some more needed FPS to play.

I would also like to see the 3rd person cheat-mode ;) and ironsight removed from some, yet again unnamed, (*cough* KH *cough*) servers...

ok this is strange. I can't join Kellys heroes I get stuck in the wait for host screen. this afternoon I could join, I chanced nothing with my game. anyone can help me?

guess some missed it.... anyone knows the answer?

it's really strange cause I can join in the afternoon, but I can't in the evening....

updated CBA I hope this will work.

Is this normal:

AI basically ignores you. You have to empty half a clip from Sten to kill anything. What are the bullets made out of when AI doesnt even seem to flinch when you hit them? Nade's killing radius might be too small too. Btw AI warped, even though I was alone in that server with a ping of 30ms.

it's not really stupid AI, it's just night and SD weapon...it works as it should. If you see a bug it' a ArmA 2 OA bug...but if AI would killing you at night with SD...I think you would cry, too

ok this is strange. I can't join Kellys heroes I get stuck in the wait for host screen. this afternoon I could join, I chanced nothing with my game. anyone can help me?

do you have a squadxml for your profile. with activated I had problems, too.

without I could join server fast. It looks like the old arma bug...in some way the arma stop sending the datas to the other or sth like this.

yes I have the squad xml. but I can join in the afternoon no problems anywhere, and in the evening (with more players on, and playing like a team wich is fun) it doesn't work. if it doesn't work tonight I will try to deactivate the squad xml.

thx

2001 model might be way too old to run this game.

Anyway, what I would like to see is that the most common server owners (*cough* KH *cough*) would allow some wiggle room with addons. Like allow ppl to lower the VD on the fly with MWVD and so on. And perhaps some PROPER and GDT grass/house/environment tweak addons etc. Something that does not create a huge advantage ( read: cheat) but gives the client some more needed FPS to play.

I would also like to see the 3rd person cheat-mode ;) and ironsight removed from some, yet again unnamed, (*cough* KH *cough*) servers...

I'm not really asking for an addon.

Just an option script added to turn grass off.

A. As a Parameter.

B. As an addaction.

Mostly on the coop missions.

Like Paras and Aloft.

I love both of those missions as they rock, but I hate grass.

Just got it installed. Great work! Really something special. I especially love the map. I can see myself losing many hours to playing this. I hope to see more from you guys in the future. This is fantastic work!

Hello, first of all this looks great, and i want to try it out. However i seem to have some problem running it. i am running the steam version with all available expansions. my game folder looks like this C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2. it contains both the @CBA and @144CO folders. However when i run the game i open arma operation arrowhead and choose the run arma2:CO option, i cant find the CBA or the I44CO options under the expansions options. i have obviously done something very wrong here.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and sorry about my english, it's been a while since i had to communicate in any non-native languages.

place the @CBA and @I44CO folders in your arma 2 operation arrowhead folder.

go to library then right mouse on arma 2 operation arrowhead select properties. then click on set launch options.

if you have other mods do like this;

-mod=@CBA;@I44CO;@mod3;@mod4; etc..

if you only got I44 do it like this;

-mod=@CBA;@I44CO;

worked like a charm, thank you rikjuuh:)

no problem

---

I've recommendend this mod to a friend of myne. however he get a pop up from his virsscan that there is a virus in the installer?!

As far as I'm aware the virus alert is a false positive due to the installer having unistall and registry settings, my AVG hasn't had any issue with it at all.

@PacUK

I sent you a pm and don't know if you got it. Here's some links to what the German scope crosshairs look like (pointed post with side bars).

ZF4: http://www.thuringenmilitaria.com/pictures/zf4.jpg

ZF39: http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-WW1-WW2-german-rifle-scope-ZF39-Zeiss-Zielvier-/180656220463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0ff3292f

Hope this helps to make a more realistic looking German sniper reticles. :)

Hey guys! ive recently made a new sound for the c-47 and its 100x better than the original, just waiting on the devs for permission to upload it heres a preview.

tell

me what you think!

So can that feature I asked for be added as a parameter to all the MP missions?

Not immediately, the feature would first need to be scripted (or a sample one for use found) and tested and then all missions would need to be edited and resupplied to servers/the community. It is something I'd like to implement but its not an easy one to publish, we might try and do something for this in patches sometime in the near future though.

I sent you a pm and don't know if you got it. Here's some links to what the German scope crosshairs look like (pointed post with side bars).

Yep its in there somewhere, we'll try and get around to looking into this for a future patch.

ive recently made a new sound for the c-47 and its 100x better than the original, just waiting on the devs for permission to upload it heres a preview.

Sounds good if a little loud for the distance. I think SFG should be contacting you about it, I had intended to switch out the old C47 sounds (i think it dates back to OPF or ArmA) but time just wasn't on my side for this release.

Thanks to everyone answering questions as a community, the team will try our best to respond to any questions and issues but we don't always know the answer (steam versions especially ;)) so big thanks to all of you who've been helping out your fellow players!

Patch wise we'll be taking some time to hit as many of the big issues as possible, as well as clearing up a few of the small easy ones ;) On that note we are always recruiting, we're especially in need of coders/scripters but there's many other positions we'd like to fill so if you think you can help out, get in touch!

BUG REPORT:

M8 Greyhound.

The barrel of the main gun is not attached to the turret.

You can turn the turret, but the barrel will remain facing forward.

You are also still able to hit the target you are aiming at.

It's just that it will look funny.

As far as I'm aware the virus alert is a false positive due to the installer having unistall and registry settings, my AVG hasn't had any issue with it at all.

nah me either. will tell him he's free to dowload if he wants to.

Hi Guys,

Love this mod but have found that bazooka shots can somtimes go pass right thru the germann Sd.Kfz 222. If I set up a simple mission in the editor and shoot a bazooka from 20m or more, somtimes it passes thru the 222 and lands in the distance. We have the mod installled on several computers and they all have the same problem. Has anyone notices this?