minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

? .... so there are some backups around?

Hope the project won't be dropped completely. All that very hard, great work lost.

When ArmA3 comes around it would be nice if it could be ported, by someone, if permission is given.

So I came and I did raise my hands and pray ... cause the end of the world was nothing but true :pet5:

And I also keep 3 HDDs to spare a light of hope... :cc:

Clafghan... your development days will be missed.

Will you start another project in the meantime? Your work is too beautiful to be stopped :(

my hard drive is dead dead.

GG Clafghan...

close topic please!

The community had pretty high hopes for this map, you both had done such great work. Sorry for your loss! I hope that your current project and works to come have better data backups in place.

I, as one of the Head Admins of VETERANS-GAMING, would be honored to freely offer you data backup space on one of our dedicated servers, if you need it, to upload backups as you work. I cannot imagine working on a project of this scope without such safeguards - and I know how it can be expensive to rent such services. Sometimes one just needs a safe place to upload some files, and we at VG would happily support your work.

Please let me know if we at VG can be of assistance - our German servers are quite local to you in Spain, and we could provide you with some kind of secure personal folder to drop ZIP's or RAR's into while you build so that this kind of needless loss and abandonment of amazing works need not happen again.

We are all part of the same big family, after all...

VIVA ARMA!

if you/anyone still has a wrp version, it can be converted back to pew with mikero's tools

my hard drive is dead dead.

GG Clafghan...

close topic please!

Please Don't give up buddy, where there's a will, there's a way!

This was the best custom map that's been made in a long time.

@Minimalaco

I hope you don’t give up your great map making. I was looking at your ‘Fata’ terrain for PR, it looks outstanding, hope you can finish that perhaps. 'Clafghan' is a piece of quality work, your talents are too good to loose..:)

We are definitely finishing FATA, no doubt about that. The loss of Clafghan has been devastating but Minimalaco will return with a vengeance, don't worry guys :D

@Minimalaco

I hope you don’t give up your great map making. I was looking at your ‘Fata’ terrain for PR, it looks outstanding, hope you can finish that perhaps. 'Clafghan' is a piece of quality work, your talents are too good to loose..:)

Totally right!

Yes..there is always 'space ahead' to make something even better but..CLAfghan is a jewel as is.

It's time to move forward! :)

We are definitely finishing FATA, no doubt about that. The loss of Clafghan has been devastating but Minimalaco will return with a vengeance, don't worry guys :D

That’s such good news, the talents of all map makers is really appreciated, especially by those of us who don’t have that talent.

The game is renewed each time a new terrain is shared, its fantastic that so many members put so much hard work into building/making all sorts of addons/mods and share them all for free.

Great news, much appreciated.. Thanks.

P.S. I can imagine so much work lost is devastating, but wouldn’t consider Clafghan lost, its complete to many of us who make missions and play on it. Take heart in the fact that those involved in the making of the terrain made something that is simply, ‘Superb’..:)

Ok... Minimalaco dry your tears off and let us give thanks to these fine gentlemen: Mikero, kju, Bushlurker and Columdrum also...

2cqecsx.jpg

Please dear admins: do not close this post yet... :dancehead:

Looking really nice robster, hope you can finally release the next version of the map soon :)

Robster or Minimalaco, could you please check your inbox as I've sent a PM with a relatively urgent matter. Thanks!

I love this map. Absolutely love it. The only thing I'd like to suggest though is that the river in the north be deep enough for a RHIB/CRRC to properly go through (and the smaller tributaries and such stemming from it could be wadding height).

It looks fantastic. I wonder if I can run it.

How does performance compare to Takistan?

As I know the country Takistan is not exist, Tajikistan is CA country) or maybe Pakistan))

As I know the country Takistan is not exist, Tajikistan is CA country) or maybe Pakistan))

Its existed since 2010 at least :)

how can i remove the original sky manually to use it with allinarma without having arma3 sky mixed up with arma2 sky?

Awesome map, one of my favorites. But there is a strange bug if you connect this map to arma 3 using all in arma mod. How we can fix this visual bug? I think it's caused by something somewhere in that area.

thumb.png

And another screenshot if take a look at this area at other angle.

thumb.png

Apparently, this bug caused by this water. I'm going to test this place without all in arma mod and see what happens.

thumb.png

thumb.png

thumb.png

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

So, all in arma mod has nothing to do with this bug. If you connect this island as is, you will get this bug too. In arma 2 everything works fine, of course.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

I fixed this problem, you need to delete "colum_vertical_pond.pbo" in clafghan folder and that bugged pond will disappear.

Edited by rebelvg