minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

I will just wait on the next release when something official is made. The floating cars and civilians kinda defeats the purpose xD. Thanks though.

:D yea, thats why we didn't use them for long after someone found a motorbike on a roof and nearly got killed by a falling truck :P

still long awaiting that release robster :P

The floating cars/civs/bikes is an issue with the ambient vehicle placement script. Most likely caused by buildings being too close together.

To get Amb Civ/Veh appearing on Clafghan, the map needs CityCenter objects. These need to be configured in the map's config.cpp file.

We get it working with MSO because we scan the map and create CityCenter objects on the fly. The code used can be used separately by map makers to create the necessary config.cpp entries. I've sent the information to the CLAfghan map makers.

I've tested MSO on CLAfghan and it works wonderfully. Yes you get the odd vehicle resting on buildings(!), possibly something Wolffy.au can look at as part of his MIP (Module Improvement Project).

Tup

Wolffie, Tupolov and their team have done a wonderful job when bringing civilian life into Clafghan... As you know Mini is still placing villages and I am replacing electric network to include wires also... which is a very painful process :P

We were using a Mini's Megaupload account to exchange updates but now we will have to search for some replacement tool also...

Besides, I am still wondering what to do with those painted trees all over the place... since if I do not paint them it looks awkward when viewing from distance... and you start to see how trees suddenly appear from nowhere... I guess there must be some sort of balance in between... I'll keep looking for some better solution...

Regards, Robster

the issue with that is the opx buildings dont have ai points in them, so like unsergency is almost an empty map because the ai cant spawn. i say keep both, but do more OA buildings than opx

Get rid of OPX altogether. Poses many obstacles to mission makers. That is unless OPX magically appears from his limbo and brings them up to ARMA 2 standard.

Aye, his stuff is really cool and I think some of the best custom buildings I've ever seen, but it really needs updating.

also possability of a fix for skybox/limit for helo's, it's becoming frustrating when you're about to crest a hill and all of a sudden your chinook drops out the sky and kills everyone when you're only at 1600ish ASL (chinooks IRL operating ceilling is around 5,000ish ASL!) and those ridges are at around 2200 ASL, the only thing that seems to get over them are MH-6's which pretty much fallapart if you look at them wrong...

@Scarecrow: that's one of the reasons why we had to tweak this map to fulfill BIS requirements... the real map is over 5000 m at ridges... i liked it that way but Mini asked for a more playable version... and then clafghan came in...

eN9pOo9UDLs

Anyways, I guess we can not fix that from config map...

also possability of a fix for skybox/limit for helo's, it's becoming frustrating when you're about to crest a hill and all of a sudden your chinook drops out the sky and kills everyone when you're only at 1600ish ASL (chinooks IRL operating ceilling is around 5,000ish ASL!) and those ridges are at around 2200 ASL, the only thing that seems to get over them are MH-6's which pretty much fallapart if you look at them wrong...

That's actually hardcoded in Arma, nothing anyone can do about it except for BIS...

*sigh* ah well, it was confusing the hell out of us to why nearly all helos smashed into the side of mountains when the info states its 2200, thanks for the explanation :(

Are the grids going to be fixed soon. It renders grid related artillery scripts completely useless.

Are the grids going to be fixed soon. It renders grid related artillery scripts completely useless.

Until the updated version comes out with working grids, you can run the map grids from ASR Appendix and you'll have full 8 digit grids. Run it on your server and artillery will work.

Wow... i've seen ASR mapgrids (i think they where even on my HDD at one point) but i hadn't thought it had been updated for Clafghan... how wrong i was...

Edited by Scarecrow398

Clafghan Beta Version 1.1

Just a minor update before our Alpha release:

FIXED

- Grid system

REMOVED

- Medical tent at Camp Branca, so mission makers can setup their own

ADDED

- Airport taxiways by Bushlurker

- SILVIE & ALICE (expansion)

- OA Mountain Horizon & Overcast

- Scene Intro by Tupolov

Only Clafghan pbo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61945206/clafghan.beta.1.1.7z

Edited by Minimalaco

This Alpha release you speak of, what might be included in it? ;)

Also, very nice update. I love me some ALICE :D.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We provide a "patch" version which only includes the updated pbo file as well as an updated full package (for those who did not try your work yet).

Edited by Guest
mirror enabled with fixed version

Awesome work to you and your team Minimalco! Making a great map even greater!