minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Ähmm @Minimalaco,

sorry for the question: simply replace the clafghan.pbo file, the old files from the beta version will remain ??? :butbut:

Ähmm @Minimalaco,

sorry for the question: simply replace the clafghan.pbo file, the old files from the beta version will remain ??? :butbut:

Correct. The clafghan.pbo is the only updated file. If you've previously had the map, no need to download all the other files as well.

Ähmm @Minimalaco,

Yep, replace clafghan pbo and ready.

Correct. The clafghan.pbo is the only updated file. If you've previously had the map, no need to download all the other files as well.

Ah OK, I thought so. Thanks :smile_o:

*** Edit ***

Thanks Robster and Minimalaco :smile_o:

ArmA2Base.de Mirror updated: (full package)

Clafghan Map v1.1 beta

Kind regards

Miller

Edited by Miller
mirror update

Hey Robster,

think i could make a request? that being with some of the new viliages you're adding could you make them small remote viliages, essentaly build onto the side of a hill that are hard to acess by vehical and would take a while by foot and somewhat denseish in foilage to make landing in helo's just that little bit harder? i always seem to find my self looking at those hills and wishing there was a... 'realistic' viliage that would be hard to reach.

Thanks anyway, oh and thanks for the update. :)

Hey Robster,

think i could make a request? that being with some of the new viliages you're adding could you make them small remote viliages, essentaly build onto the side of a hill that are hard to acess by vehical and would take a while by foot and somewhat denseish in foilage to make landing in helo's just that little bit harder? i always seem to find my self looking at those hills and wishing there was a... 'realistic' viliage that would be hard to reach.

Thanks anyway, oh and thanks for the update. :)

Yes, in the next release, more villages in main valley and mountains

Thanks for the Update Mini but have a look on the rpt i play only with your mod

=====================================================================

== D:\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "D:\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/12/27 20:14:56

Current time: 2012/02/14 13:59:31

Version 1.60.87580

ca\buildings\tents\fortress_01.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\fortress_02.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\pristresek.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\camo_box.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc3\wf\wf_hesco_big_10x.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc3\wf\wf_hesco_10x.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc_e\vysilac_fm2_ep1.p3d: tower, config class missing

ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\hut3_b_2.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\shack.p3d: house, config class missing

opxbuildings\little mosque.p3d: house, config class missing

opxmisc\road_attrib\avgani1.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\wall2_plaster_gate r.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\bigwall1_long_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\bigwall1d_door_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\bigwall1d_short_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\wall3_plaster_long.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\hut3b_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\hut6_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\hut9_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\hut9b_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\shack_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\wall3_plaster ll.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\bigwall1d_widearch.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\hut2nb.p3d: house, config class missing

razmisc\19str_raz.p3d: house, config class missing

Strange convex component02 in razmisc\hut4nb_raz.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component03 in razmisc\razhut5.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component03 in razmisc\razhut5.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component04 in razmisc\razhut5.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component07 in razmisc\razhut5.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component16 in razmisc\razhut5.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component23 in razmisc\hut2nb.p3d:geometry

LODShape::Preload: shape 'razmisc\wall3.p3d' not found

Warning Message: Cannot open object razmisc\wall3.p3d

opxbuildings\little mosque.p3d: house, config class missing

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male04tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

@Crow: That sounds good... I'll discuss it with Mini... I'm thinking in the most unreachable western areas... maybe there will be no roads at all...

@Mike: Hi there! those reports deal with some models that do not have any class defined for themselves... as you may see, it affects even some Bis objects (inside ca folder)... but afaik it doesn't go beyond that... just a warning that wouldn't compromise game performance drastically...

@Sickboy: Many thanks mate! :D

Edited by Robster

need more villages around robstrepo and south of that. maybe even have a village next to the airfield east of it, kind of weird having an airport with no village/city around it.

yup... those are found about a couple of clicks south from Prozakhar PT ;)

nah! there will be more maps ahead... just while awaiting for ArmA3

Alice module still doesn't work for me with the new version :( (I am just adding it in the mission editor, is there anything else I should be doing?)

@Crow: That sounds good... I'll discuss it with Mini... I'm thinking in the most unreachable western areas... maybe there will be no roads at all...

Excellent.... oh and i don't know if anyone else pointed out but the med tent in Camp kinno doesn't seem to allign with the ground well, you can walk fine into it but at the back you get stuck and either have to go prone or walk diagonaly, you can see a slight lip on the ground as well. :)

I recommend you to improve the satmask. Currently mountains have a yellowish texture with green blots that supposedly should make trees look like they belong there.

The problem is that it doesn't look good.

Maybe those colours should be closer to each other instead of such big contrast between them?

@CptDavo: Same thing happened to me at first... just go to editor, F7 and go for Silvie and Alice click anywhere on map... it doesn't matter... one module for civs and one for vehicles... then choose your character and go for preview... sometimes vehicles appear in weird places and even explode... civis also appear in bad places and they got killed or injured and then everyone around begin to act as if they were under attack... that's weird but it's how is working right now... if you try in Zargabad or any Bis island you might find similar behaviour... it's quite random and I've read that some people is working to improve this... anyway in a couple of sessions I could see a civ driving along the roads... that's strange to see but occurs... I've read that you can attach vehicles to roads directly, but haven't tried yet... I am not a coder nor scripter... saludetes washo!

@MetalCraze: mmm yeah I know... when beginning it was much more desert like but then Mini wanted more green into it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29354888@N05/6111456696/

anyways, let's see what can i get next time... I have more RAM now so I will be able to try quick results... chabela papeto!

Edited by Robster

Great map, been having so much fun on this lately. Really nice to have a update.

I know this is yours and minimalco's baby, but after looking at some of the pix I have to agree with metalcraze that the extreme greenery is a bit offputting, almost tropical feeling in some parts of the map. Toning it down and getting a few more conifers into the mix would probably help to give it a more authentic central asian feel.

@MetalCraze: mmm yeah I know... when beginning it was much more desert like but then Mini wanted more green into it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29354888@N05/6111456696/

anyways, let's see what can i get next time... I have more RAM now so I will be able to try quick results... chabela papeto!

This seems to be the only way I can get ALICE running. (Very inefficient process, I know..but it works and took me forever)

DOWNLOAD

ALICE

Anybody have any other methods? (I noticed in the larger areas the locations are quite small so I've added multiple locations in one town to allow the town to be fully populated. Is there a way I can adjust the size? ie. radius/diameter)

Edited by CptDavo

I recommend you to improve the satmask. Currently mountains have a yellowish texture with green blots that supposedly should make trees look like they belong there.

The problem is that it doesn't look good.

Maybe those colours should be closer to each other instead of such big contrast between them?

I have to agree here. The greens should be a bit more brow and the sand color should be greener to reduce the contrast between the two. Also it is kind of weird that from far away a place seems to be sandy but when you actually get there it is lush with grass due to clutter.

Besides these issues this map is by far my favorite even if it does bring my pathetic computer to its knees. I don't know why but after the patch everything looks a lot nicer and realistic. Excellent job.

PS

Another suggestion for improvement. One particular type of tree seems to be drawn farther than the rest and doesn't fade into the distance as quickly as the Others. This means in the distance, these trees really stand out from the rest of the scenery and makes things look a bit awkward.

PS

Another suggestion for improvement. One particular type of tree seems to be drawn farther than the rest and doesn't fade into the distance as quickly as the Others. This means in the distance, these trees really stand out from the rest of the scenery and makes things look a bit awkward.

Yep, this tree is from mikebart, but, that tree was replaced by other of OA. this update is not published yet, but soon ...

http://i42.tinypic.com/sbh5ja.jpg

The thing about Kunar though is from one FOB it looks like this

800px-Afghan_National_Army_Soldier_Monitors_Outpost_in_Konar_Province.jpg

And a a few months later/few miles down the river it starts to turn a look abit more like this...

VWjkil.jpg

Personally, i don't mind the look of Clafghan as it is now, the snow and greenery is a nice break from 90% of the maps out there that are pretty much deserts and it moves away from the sterotype of afghanistan being a gigantic desert, which annoys the the hell out of me sometimes.

the first picture looks like the jungle in Peru (Machu Pichu)

Lol, i thought it was peru the first time i saw it too, a afghan police outpost. in Asadabad, kunar province, with some random ANA soldier.

Edited by Scarecrow398
</strike> Y U NO WORK!?!