minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Hey guys where is the Korengal Valley on this map? Also do you have the Pech Valley? I am assuming Pech would be the valley up north running west to east and Korengal would the valley going south that has the Restrepo OP? Tell me if I am wrong...

As mini mentioned it isn't actually a model of Kunar, it is similar however. The Pech is the large open area at the north end of the map. There is an outpost named "Robstrepo" in one of the western valleys.

Also just wondering anyone has some ideas for populating the outposts. Typically i create a group, setPos them into bunkers and towers, then in the squad leader's init I disableAI "move" for each unit grouped to him. This works well but it isn't very natural looking. I've made outposts in Takistan and have played lying down or standing around smoking animations, but then they don't react to fire. This may be more of a scripting question though. Maybe a more talented scripter than I could create a template of populated bases for this map?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Nice map but I was wondering if you could add support for ambient civilians?

Thanks for your awesome work, I like your map, and I can't wait for playing on it with my friends. :)

Yes the map is enormous... Breathtaking partially with the detail...

If you add all the things you planning to implement for a final non-beta release, this map could set a new community standards (gameplay wise for sure)... long-range firefights are superb on this map..

Downsinde is that AI cant navigate properly on foot on all large hills.

Also i would work on adding proper keys for MP compatibility...

Also i would propose a Dev-heaven space to have proper bugtracker/feature-request/etc

The more I explore this island the more I love it..

The forts are great especially ‘Mike 1’, looking over Al Jebel, views on foot from the watch towers and in the air are breathtaking.

I thought the ai might struggle driving along the perilous tracks through these beautiful deep valleys, but no worries at all, I set him on ‘Limited’ speed, as the roads are too winding and dangerous for ‘Normal’, and he handled it supremely..

Really great work..

Thanks again..

I went in with one ai inside the southern airport got in a vehicle and gave him a way point up north close to the main city, first thing i noticed was he couldnt get out of the airport, so i reset outside the airport and away he went... he did fine along the western road until he got to the windy parts? not sure exactly, i just had it playing like a screen saver whilst doin housework :mad: :D

Anyway i think about there he started going cross country, this map is an ambush dream!

Alright, time to start building an actual mission.

1st I'm thinking a siege of one of the outposts by Takistani Militia, probably one of the bases at lower elevations, creating somewhat of a fish in a barrel scenario.

2nd is probably a spec ops raid on a Takistani Militia training camp.

Congrats to the release. this map is beautiful and I'm still exploring it. Wow.

thanks for all your hard work and sharing. Islands are my favourite toys.LOL

Great map but I have just noticed a bug. The map grids are all retarded

It goes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, ect (both X and Y axis)

Great map! The Hills are awesome for flying and poor US-Grunts will have a hard time fighting the Talibans. The FOB´s looking great, very detailed with an stunning view. Also the Villages are great with all the fields and little details.

The little River in the flat Area (north- at the villages) brought tears in my eyes. The whole Map looks very natural.

IMO in Takistan are to many Settlements and Roads. Very hard to find empty places for missions. Your map is in an good Balance.

Good luck for your progress and Thanks for all your work!

@ArmArrific: Columdrum was talking me about some issues regarding config... we would really appreciate if someone can take a look over config.cpp and look for anything misplaced or wrong...

@SickBoy: We've never use dev-heaven space for our own since we do not have any idea about how it works... as said before config will need an update or fix and perhaps there will be a lot of work about it, just to allow full compatibility with actual working addons that require some config...

BTW I made copy & paste about enviromental animal life ... but still haven't seen any rabbit over there... sorry guys I'm still a newbie :(

Nice map but I was wondering if you could add support for ambient civilians?

That's a config amendment right? How do we do that?

Looks amazing fellas...been busy with my kid but once I have time this will get some lovins ;) btw mini/robster I am gonna pm one of you guys as soon as I can...got sum questions about trying to get my map started n helping with your guys new map...thx for all the help you guys have done for me, very much appreciated

Dave,

I was quite surprised last night, the terrain provides more cover than I thought. Against an enemy twice our size we killed about 15 and the rest surrenderd. Only WIA came from a bad guy who decided to stick around once we had cleared the village, which was a minor leg wound.

One thing I've noticed is that there are few LZ's besides the outposts, making fastroping the only option around most of the map.

Yes, I'm clearing some areas and placing rocks in the hills, thinking also places to change the vegetation.

If you're thinking of changing up the trees, maybe use the evergreen's that make up most of the forests in Chernarus, especially in the "korengal" area of the map. I don't know what that would do to performance so it remains a suggestion only.

Logging used to be a major part of the economy in Kunar before the Americans came and banned the export of logs. But some of the forces we fight there are the local tree mafias essentially, so maybe throw in some more fallen trees and stacks of logs here and there.

I'm thinking of minor details here because there isn't really much wrong with the map haha.