minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Wow! Awesome map, as big, realistic and beautiful than ToraBora, most of villages more!

Very good work!!

Great job and congratulations on the release. We've had a great time exploring this map and I'm sure the community will love it! Keep up the great work!

Added to Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

Few notes:

- BIKey and BIsigns are missing from the release

- Tried to add own key+signs, but fails on Clafghan.pbo; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26311

What tool was the pbo created with? Recommended is Official BIN Pbo for A2/OA so that binarization occurs, and in case only rapify or pack is needed, Mikero's Pbodll is recommended.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Seems to be a problem with pbo tool used to create clafghan.pbo, I have repacked it with Mikero's tools and now it's properly signed.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26311#note-5

Edited by Sickboy

An excellent effort!

One minor thing I've noticed - one tree model tends to stick out a lot more at distance than the others. Might be a distance LOD issue, not sure. Anyone else see this?

Its been a bit of time I checked this out again, that video looks immense with details.

Will try this out tonight, its that kind of terrain type balance we are missing so it fill's a big gap, thanks :)

Downloaded via Six Updaters "Direct-Link" postes by SB before... upon opening, got error messages that opx_roads.pbo is missing and a "cannot open object opx_roads/road12.p3d" in Editor

An excellent effort!

One minor thing I've noticed - one tree model tends to stick out a lot more at distance than the others. Might be a distance LOD issue, not sure. Anyone else see this?

Yes... also error messages concerning opx_ i forgot what exactly

I played around a bit with your map, and I must say, I'm absolutely amazed by it. I took a Humvee for a ride from the airbase to Ovallestan and it took me almost 40 minutes to get there! This map is really huge. I was also pleasantly surprised by how good it is performance wise, even on my old, crappy PC. Another thing, are the FOBs in the mountains - such a great level of detail there.

It's definitely one of the best maps I've seen in Arma 2. I love it!

Downloaded via Six Updaters "Direct-Link" postes by SB before... upon opening, got error messages that opx_roads.pbo is missing and a "cannot open object opx_roads/road12.p3d" in Editor

AFAIK those roads are not present at all in map, so editor might be calling them from some addtional config file regarding your config (?), cause we have never noticed some warning like that...

Anyway, we will track any report informed by all of you since this map is at beta stage and our final goal is to provide a good piece of you know...

@Katipo66, please try to keep us informed about any issues regarding this map performance, so we may know what need to be addressed further...

@Cameron, concerning those models I believe one of the tree modelers was thinking about updating his work just to fit with A2OA standard, so if that happens we will be watching to come with a new update... Also, I've noticed that some big rocks from A2OA present some shadows issues, and the same goes for all huge objects... but this is where we are at this stage...

Many thanks for your reports!

Saludos saludetes!!!

Edited by Robster

Fixed, plz run "Sync with SU Portal" and Install or Update again.

Hey guys where is the Korengal Valley on this map? Also do you have the Pech Valley? I am assuming Pech would be the valley up north running west to east and Korengal would be the valley going south that has the Restrepo OP? Tell me if I am wrong...

Edited by bigstone

Anyone here nice enough to fill the FOB's and make it lively? I tried, and all they do is stand in a circle. :(

Hey guys where is the Korengal Valley on this map? Also do you have the Pech Valley? I am assuming Pech would be the valley up north running west to east and Korengal would the valley going south that has the Restrepo OP? Tell me if I am wrong...

Yes, u right, but as we said in the presentation. The area itself, does not accurately represent the actual locations of all areas.

We had big problems with the satellite photo, as he had too many dark spots, so the end result is what you see in the map, is the best we could do.

Anyone here nice enough to fill the FOB's and make it lively? I tried, and all they do is stand in a circle. :(

Mike-USA had created two fob's very nice for this map (I forgot to put in the credits, sorry mike), but had trouble with worldtools import. finally, were not included.

Thanks for alls comments :D

Added to Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

Few notes:

- BIKey and BIsigns are missing from the release

- Tried to add own key+signs, but fails on Clafghan.pbo; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26311

What tool was the pbo created with? Recommended is Official BIN Pbo for A2/OA so that binarization occurs, and in case only rapify or pack is needed, Mikero's Pbodll is recommended.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Seems to be a problem with pbo tool used to create clafghan.pbo, I have repacked it with Mikero's tools and now it's properly signed.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26311#note-5

Thanks for the key's !

Edited by Minimalaco