Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Diary of a contractor in Iraq

Remember this from a full lenght documentary about PMC's and mercenarys. Dont remember the name of it. Its cut out from that.

how is it like being a PMC? how do you join? can a foreigner holding a foreign passport join? i guess it's up to the company in question...

so where do I sign up? :D

Generally, having some sort of military background and being able to speak English helps. If you have those, just put in an application at one of the big ones. (I'm serious)

Generally, having some sort of military background and being able to speak English helps. If you have those, just put in an application at one of the big ones. (I'm serious)

Any military background (reserve, full time or special forces)?, cos' i'm going to join the reserve in two years and i'm considering about have a full time career as custom but though its dangerous I think private security contracting would be a good job

Edited by ArmAriffic
Typo

which company would you recommend? I only know blackwater, but not for a good reason (bad publicity)... what are other options?

I know a friend of mine who spent some time in the Army (atleast 1 tour to the middle east) applied to both DynCorp and KBR. I haven't talked to him for quite some time, but if I ever run into him again I'll ask him how he likes whichever one he ended up with.

how is it like being a PMC? how do you join? can a foreigner holding a foreign passport join? i guess it's up to the company in question...

so where do I sign up? :D

the pay is extremely high but so is the risk. A lot of ex military body guards and pmc members get targeted, killed, kidnapped and generally screwed up. You also don't have the support of the military behind you if you get into shit. Well not in the literal sense. Its all nice earning £7000 per week but when your earning £7000 a week while wearing an orange jumpsuit and looking down the shiny end of a machete and a dude wearing a ski mask pointing a camcorder at you, you sudeenly realise that shit just got real

A lot of ex military body guards and pmc members get targeted, killed, kidnapped and generally screwed up.

Well that is true for national army members too.

Well that is true for national army members too.

true but the military has a lot of support and able to send in more effective backup.

being a bodyguard is a risky and dangerous job at the best of times, but being one in a country where everyone wants you dead and shoots on sight really makes it challenging

Anybody know the name of this documentary?

I'd like to watch the full length one.

fantastic doc that was well worth the watch

Lol didn't realize that Gerard Butler narrated with the Scottish voice. Sounded very familiar lol.

Amazing documentary. If you want a really good quality version, search it on stagevu.

I have learned a lot from this film.

guys how much these contracs get each mounth for their job? i mean approximately.

guys how much these contracs get each mounth for their job? i mean approximately.

I think it depends on the company and your contract with said company.

I know somebody who was offered a job by Blackwater. It was a "stay with us for a few years and you'll be set for life" kind of thing.

Those guys get paid big time.

I think it depends on the company and your contract with said company.

dude....min. max.? any idea?

dude....min. max.? any idea?
It's got to be a lot, probably in the five-zeroes range.

PMCs aren't like regular soldiers (serving their country) and must therefore be paid far more to maintain discipline.

It's got to be a lot, probably in the five-zeroes range.

PMCs aren't like regular soldiers (serving their country) and must therefore be paid far more to maintain discipline.

And even then they(Blackwater and Dynacorp mainly) still act like maniacs with get out of jail free cards..

They say they recruit former SF operators, but I find that VERY hard to believe. I'm not saying a fair share aren't ex-SF, but I'll bet you good money that a lot of them aren't SF but are in reality guys who got booted out of the military for a very good reason and then are offered major greenbacks to go and do what they did in the military, but with an added perk and that is they can act like the sociopath they are without fear of jail time. I'm not trying to generalize the entire PMC community either, as always there are usually more good ones out there than bad ones, but the bad ones make everyone look bad.

Edited by Big Mac