KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

Still playing. Thanks for clarifications. Keep the good work.

I don´t think this would work, they wouldn´t engage the enemy with this behaviour. Would something like doStop help?

It works fine in my experience: units definetely engage enemy even in GREEN combat mode, infact they switch to YELLOW automatically when they think they've been detected. For a more aggressive behaviour you may use YELLOW combat mode from scratch, but i think GREEN would be better.

doStop would be potentially messy: AI led "dostopped" units don't get automatically back into formation for example and there are other shortcomings as well. There are other options, namely disableAI "move" and forcespeed 0. The latter may be overridden by danger.fsm events manager though.

Still i think there should be no need to stop the individual units, in plenty of situations that would be a medicine worse than the problem.

Edited by fabrizioT

A new Version? That sounds great! Your Campaign is one of my favourites!

Stuff I would like to see:

The ability to send the CAS helo away when you think that its safe enough.

A wounding module. I think the Bis first aid module would be good. I tried to implement this by myself but it didn't work for me. Don't know why...

I noticed that you had in plan that the two squads can drive to the mission target with multiple vehicels but you disabled the function because of poor AI convoy driving. Well the Convoy driving has become much better by now, so maybe you should reenable it...

Another serious thing: The Behaviour of the second squad is set to Fire at will, hold position. But they still run of chasing enemys. This is propably because of the squad leader issuing attack commands. This should be improved.

Give the player the possibility to call for ground support if available. Something like a Tank or an APC, depending on enemy strenght. Make an ACE Version. I have replaced the AK 107 with AKs 74p variants from ACE, this is much more realistic. I plan on adding AS Val rifels, Saiga and maybe some other stuff. I can provide you with the loadout configs if you like.

Well thats everything I can think of now...

Oh could you please tell me how to add more vehicel types to the insertion and extraction vehicels? ACE has some wonderfull OMON APCs that I would like to add.

Speaking of insertion and extraction. I noticed that the vehicels won't engage enemys properly when they see them. Could you please change that?

I already dpboed mission and added first aid modules and wound simulation. Basicaly linked all "dummy" soldiers thats used for your two squads with them, Works great, no prob so far. Same i added civ module to get random people, works like charm too.

I already dpboed mission and added first aid modules and wound simulation. Basicaly linked all "dummy" soldiers thats used for your two squads with them, Works great, no prob so far. Same i added civ module to get random people, works like charm too.

Yeah I added the Civ Module too, try not to shoot the old granny crossing the street in a firefight^^

But I can´t get the First Aid module to work. Which modules did you use and to who did you link them?

Screenshot?

Also I would suggest that anybody who plays with ACE replaces the Standard medics with the specnaz medics ACE provides, looks much better!

Here is pic how i added all three first aid modules and synced every squad dummy with every module as per wiki docs on modules

modules are

First Aid: action

First Aid: movement with wounded

First Aid: wound simulation

Sorry dont know english names of modules. I have czech arma.

http://www.prekladytextu.eu/arma/firstaid.jpg > 100kb

Yeah I added the Civ Module too, try not to shoot the old granny crossing the street in a firefight^^

But I can´t get the First Aid module to work. Which modules did you use and to who did you link them?

Screenshot?

Also I would suggest that anybody who plays with ACE replaces the Standard medics with the specnaz medics ACE provides, looks much better!

Edited by Foxhound
Watch max filesize please

Good news! I'll be releasing Build 050 within the next few days. It will feature a load of little improvements to bring something new and bug fixes to make the game more stable. The new mission type I have mentioned before will be postponed and will be released later in next build when I have new voices, translations and enough time to do the required work. But stay tuned for the new version! :)

Here it is! A proof of the project being still alive and well. Below you can see the change log. As you can see, a lot of changes and fixes here and there. The download links can be found from the first post. 4Shared mirror will be added later. Again, the previous version will remain linked if the new one turns out bugged in some way. I haven't had time to test it 100%.

I will start working on the next build at some point. I have RL obligations so I can't promise when that will be... but I have plans for the next build already!

Build 050B

•NEW: Option to cancel CAS

•NEW: Campaign related hints during mission generation

•NEW: Spark squad will report if enemy has detected them prematurely

•NEW: Spark squad will report the amount of casualties and whether it has contact with enemy along with position report. Command button now known as "Situation report"

•NEW: New Russian translations for Russian version

•NEW: Possibility to delay the enemy reinforcements by clearing out the objective area quickly

•NEW: Few other minor visual/immersion improvements

•CHANGED: Visually improved in-game loading screens and mission/campaign result texts

•CHANGED: Helicopter gunners open fire on enemies also during insertion/extraction without the pilot engaging on them. As a side effect, navigation lights can't be turned off though

•CHANGED: Mission objective is now eventually considered secure if there are only 1 or 2 enemies left, even if alive and not fleeing

•CHANGED: The value of Mi-8 is increased from 6 to 7 and Ka-52 from 8 to 10

•CHANGED: Enemy tripod machinegunners were too accurate

•CHANGED: Modifying and adding loadouts and their selections inside campaign .pbo is now easier. Check Unitlibrary.sqf

•CHANGED: Main character will speak directly to his subordinates instead of speaking via radio when they are close enough

•CHANGED: Helicopter insertion pilot speaks via vehicleradio channel

•CHANGED: Increased in-game main character's voice pitch to match better the custom voice overs of the main character

•CHANGED: Enemy camp and hideout known position marker's random offset increased slightly

•CHANGED: Color of blinking texts was changed to follow the color theme

•CHANGED: Spark command markers on map switched to a hand drawn icon

•CHANGED: Right upper corner hint texts

•FIXED: Using ground insertion/extraction point for helicopters and vice versa caused sometimes severe problems. This is now avoided by a warning window

•FIXED: Russian version dialog windows were outdated

•FIXED: StrongPointUrban mission type: The mission objectives were always the same

•FIXED: Mission 7 wasn't always about arresting Bulov

•FIXED: Fix made for small possibility of getting stuck in generating mission

•FIXED: Other dialog windows could be accessed while extraction point was being searched

•FIXED: Fix made for Spark squad engaging enemy when ordered to hold position

•FIXED: Resource points was often wrongly spent on Air support

•FIXED: Spark squad is now forced to board insertion vehicle

•FIXED: Spark squad is now forced to board extraction vehicle and within reasonable time

•FIXED: Problem with 2 radio songs being played at the same time by the jukebox

•FIXED: Spark Squad headed for original insertion point upon emergency halt

•FIXED: Atillery suppot was sometimes reported incorrectly in mission plan phase

•FIXED: Ground transport was sometimes spawned partly below the ground

•FIXED: Instruction notes for Platoon Management didn't appear until the dialog window had been closed

•FIXED: If helicopter is shot down and player is inside, the vehicle is unlocked

•FIXED: Few typos

Thank you King nothing, I really like the Unitlibrary!

Edited by Tonci87

I'm late to this mission but just wanted to say that it is fantastic. I've only played through 2 mission so far.

Extremely well done with a number of things I've never seen before in Arma2.

King Nothing is to be congratulated.

Hell yeah.

I hope this year they also include SP missions for awards.

People vote for the best 3 missions of the year..

Cool idea, yeah?

Thanks for your support everyone!

I've already done something for the next build and have a little more coming. The build won't be as big as the earlier ones but I have something bigger coming up as well. I'm planning to convert the campaign into Takistan. I have yet to figure out what kind of addons I will be using and what must be done to make the campaign fit well in the map but I hope the conversion will go without too much pain.

Another thing: I'm looking for someone how speaks native russian to do some translations. There's still texts untranslated in tha campaign and I have some new text for the upcoming builds to be translated. Also 1 voice actor could be needed.

Lastly, I have now added the Build 050 4shared mirror links to the first post.

On the 2nd mission I find the captives but nothing happens. Am I supposed to kill everyone there because the heli is still firing missiles in the woods and i still hear gun shots.

On the 2nd mission I find the captives but nothing happens. Am I supposed to kill everyone there because the heli is still firing missiles in the woods and i still hear gun shots.

Did the hostages already join your group? You have to get very close to them for them to join you. If yes, do you have the option to extract?

I walk right up to them and nothing happens. No option pops up either. Ill try again though.

Ok I have to check this if it works for me. Thanks for pointing out.

Oh crap I just realized im running a bunch of mods with this 0_0. Is this ACE compatible because that might be the cause of it not working.

ACE shouldn't cause problems. It works for me.

Another small bug. When I had to capture Bulov he was on a crane in the harbour of berezino. Problem us that he was dead right from the start. Maybe he fell to death?