KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

So King nothing, do you know how to add the BIS Medic Module to Torch and Spark?

I'll test the campaign with with this module and see if it suits well.

Somehow the "Rescue soldiers/convoy" mission is stuttering too much its like a slideshow. Any scripts in use that can cause this?

I haven't experienced any stuttering. But it sounds bad, I'll check if there's any possible script that overloads the system.

The AKs pack you listed is "File Removed"

I'd suggest Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9030&highlight=AKS+PACK+V1.2

Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

The Non-Addons version always loads up fine.

The Chechnya version always gives me problems and that's after double checking all the addons required.

I use Arma2 launcher starting with Arma2-CO.

I own Arma2 and OA separately.

I'm I on the right track here? Cause I want to see all those goodies in the game.

I replaced the link, thanks. What kind of problems do you have with the addon version? Only thing you should get is one error message which says that there's something missing. This is caused by russian chechnya troops addon. Just click ok and it'll work just fine. The author of this addon is aware of this message and will fix it in the next version. But it's nothing bad IMO.

Hey King Nothing, superb mission, insert/extract works flawlessly every time and the dialogue is top notch, I've had several attempts with the mod version and it stops working after completing the first mission and making it back to base, but the non mod version works great.

I was thinking for future mission ideas that there's an opportunity for people to provide you with different missions that you could implement into your setup for one massive campaign.

Maybe these missions could be created in the 3D editor, and just provide missonname.sqf, maybe there would need to be some standard and limit to amount of units etc

Anyway this is the best mission I've ever played in Arma, thanks!

Edited by Katipo66

I was thinking for future mission ideas that there's an opportunity for people to provide you with different missions that you could implement into your setup for one massive campaign.

^This

Anyway this is the best mission I've ever played in Arma, thanks!

I agree on this. There are 80% of MP Missions and 20 % SP mission. But this Quality of mission and the Dynamic and Chechen units make it the best mission I ever play in Bohemia Games since OFP

I'm open for different mission type ideas of course. As I said, I have already planned to add new mission types. Or what do you mean by "providing me with different missions". Mission ideas or actual scripts for new mission types? I would prefer only mission ideas I could implement myself, this way keeping the campaign not only compact and unified but also fixing bugs and problems is easier when I'm already familiarized with the scripts.

Anyway, I have already started to do some work on the next build. This time I will concentrate on the russian version. Then I can finally introduce this campaign on sarmat studio forums and get some feedback from that point of view. Of course I will implement some other improvements as well.

The idea probably isnt for this strong story driven campaign, maybe for something later?

I was thinking people could supply you missions generated from the 3D Editor, of course there would need to be guide lines like size of mission area, amount of units, use of triggers and markers etc... missions that are created in the 3D editor generate a mission.sqf that makes it easy to spawn into other missions via trigger or script, i was imagining that potentially their could be unlimited missions of great contrast and variation... so these would just be simple spawned missions with no scripts etc and would have no impact or influence on anything else, dunno just guessing?

These could be fed into your great squad setup/insertion/extraction/aar system and potentially never end as people could continually provide fresh missions?

Anyway great work, great attention to detail... look forward to future releases :D

Edited by Katipo66

Is it possible you can turn this into a campaign instead of one giant mission so that we can go back to previous levels?

This in Campaing? Isnt Dynamic

Is it possible you can turn this into a campaign instead of one giant mission so that we can go back to previous levels?

Why would you want to skip to earlier missions? This campaign is initially designed to give a feel of a random survival story that is totally different every time you play it. The way I want it to be is to make you really pay attention to your decisions you make and not hit "load game" every time something goes badly. ;) The key feature I implemented was the replayability. If you totally screw up and lose too much subordinates and support units too early you can just start over and it will feel like all different campaign, thus not making you lose interest in it.

This is why I prefer the single scenario environment for this.

I just depbo'd your mission and looked at your missions, maybe thats a no from my previous post, something much more advanced going on there :o

Sweet & Excellent thoughts on preparing and polishing all military experiences in such an original and compact gameplay. Thanks very much, King Nothing.

minor Glitch found:

1) MAP Clicking Glitch ----

When I've got to set Torch Ex-filtrate Coor thru the (0-0-3) extraction code, I opened MAP and clicked and the system was searching a proper Helo Landing spot for me.. but failed with too many surrounding trees. At the moment, some enemies appeared, so I CANCELed the (0-0-3) interface and call Mortar and click again for splashing zone. After these two MAP Clicking operations, my mission leave with a blinking white line "Click in the map for extraction...." endlessly in my screen without any chance to call (0-0-3) interface again. I think my 2nd MAP click clear all previous scripts.

2) I maybe missed the discussion, but, are the 4 abilities (Leadership ... Endurance) work for different operatives in the field? Are they significant enough to represent one trained soldier with RED marksmanship rate and got the most killing stat thru 7 missions in my game?

Enjoy so much and waiting for more smart mission setting as you presented to us all.

I just depbo'd your mission and looked at your missions, maybe thats a no from my previous post, something much more advanced going on there :o

Yeah I still wasn't sure what you meant because from what I understood it was too difficult to achieve and the campaign would take a whole another direction, away from what I'm after here. But thanks for these ideas anyway. :)

Sweet & Excellent thoughts on preparing and polishing all military experiences in such an original and compact gameplay. Thanks very much, King Nothing.

minor Glitch found:

1) MAP Clicking Glitch ----

When I've got to set Torch Ex-filtrate Coor thru the (0-0-3) extraction code, I opened MAP and clicked and the system was searching a proper Helo Landing spot for me.. but failed with too many surrounding trees. At the moment, some enemies appeared, so I CANCELed the (0-0-3) interface and call Mortar and click again for splashing zone. After these two MAP Clicking operations, my mission leave with a blinking white line "Click in the map for extraction...." endlessly in my screen without any chance to call (0-0-3) interface again. I think my 2nd MAP click clear all previous scripts.

2) I maybe missed the discussion, but, are the 4 abilities (Leadership ... Endurance) work for different operatives in the field? Are they significant enough to represent one trained soldier with RED marksmanship rate and got the most killing stat thru 7 missions in my game?

Enjoy so much and waiting for more smart mission setting as you presented to us all.

Thanks!

1) Good finding! I just checked this. I thought this glitch was fixed long ago, because when you are selecting the point for extraction the other dialog/interface windows are disabled. But when it is searching they come available again which I didn't take in account. This is fixed now. Now they come available again after the extraction point is found.

2) Sorry I didn't quite understand. Are you wondering about the soldiers skill to be able to kill efficiently eventhough the soldiers markmanship skill red? It does have an effect. Maybe your guy had some luck and got the best fishing waters. :) Below is the current formula for the randomized skills of the spetsnaz subordinates.

_Command = (0.1 + (random 0.9)); _Command = _Command + ((random (1 - _Command)) / 2);

_Aiming = (0.05 + (random 0.45)); _Aiming = _Aiming + ((random (0.5 - _Aiming)) / 2);

_Awareness = (0.1 + (random 0.9)); _Awareness = _Awareness + ((random (1 - _Awareness)) / 2);

_Endurance = (0.1 + (random 0.9)); _Endurance = _Endurance + ((random (1 - _Endurance)) / 2);

The maximum marksmanship is (only) 0.5 because a skill of 1 would make them too accurate and deadly. And I like longer fire fights.

Edited by King Nothing

@up

If King Nothing will make new version we will have info here. So just wait :)

Any updates? :bounce3:

I've been working on the next build. It will introduce a new mission type, or actually two, plus other new features, fully (or at least 95%) translated russian version and a couple of fixes. Don't know when the release will be because there's still work to do, new dialogs have to be voice acted and the texts are being translated by ruslan. But it's being worked on as we speak. :)

Edited by King Nothing

This is one of the best (if it not the best) missions on arma 2 I ever played ! Thanks for this awesome missions !

Firstly awsome campaign, BUT IT is really unstable, i think i have had like 10 crashes in the last hour. Any clues on why?

Firstly awsome campaign, BUT IT is really unstable, i think i have had like 10 crashes in the last hour. Any clues on why?

Which version did you use? The addon one? In that case you should try the non-addon version. Some people report about crashes but I don't get any myself. I still have to figure out what's causing this. Any detailed info will help.

First of all I have to say that this is probably the most ambitious mission project I have seen so far. I've been playing since OFP times and never have I encountered a similar immersive singleplayer experience (except for saok's missions perhaps...)! The amount of work that was spent on this one must have been tremendous. However, whenever I engage the enemy for the first time during a mission, the game crashes. Trying to reload the last savegame again leads to a crash. If I go back to the penulitmate savegame and then engage the enemy, everything works fine and I can continue with the mission. Very strange, isn't it? Did anybody encounter the same problem? By the way it doesn't even matter if I'm spotted by the enemy, shoot them or bombard them with artillery. It seems like as soon as the AI is forced to react to my actions, the crash is triggered. I tried it both with ACE and several other mods activated and without any mods, no difference.

First of all I have to say that this is probably the most ambitious mission project I have seen so far. I've been playing since OFP times and never have I encountered a similar immersive singleplayer experience (except for saok's missions perhaps...)!

agree on this!

I had those crashes too. Always save during the extraction and revert to this save if you die

First of all I have to say that this is probably the most ambitious mission project I have seen so far. I've been playing since OFP times and never have I encountered a similar immersive singleplayer experience (except for saok's missions perhaps...)! The amount of work that was spent on this one must have been tremendous. However, whenever I engage the enemy for the first time during a mission, the game crashes. Trying to reload the last savegame again leads to a crash. If I go back to the penulitmate savegame and then engage the enemy, everything works fine and I can continue with the mission. Very strange, isn't it? Did anybody encounter the same problem? By the way it doesn't even matter if I'm spotted by the enemy, shoot them or bombard them with artillery. It seems like as soon as the AI is forced to react to my actions, the crash is triggered. I tried it both with ACE and several other mods activated and without any mods, no difference.

Thanks for your kind words! Since the crash seems to be occurring on contact with the enemy units I can try disabling the NearTargetsCompiler.sqf function which monitors contacts between units. It uses relatively big amount of computer resources so the problems are likely caused by this function. It's used in multiple scripts but still it's not obligatory. I'll disable it on the next build for testing and let's see if the problem is fixed. Le'ts hope the best. :)

Just for further confirmation, I am also getting this crash on first contact. Kind of heart breaking because traveling SUCKS! LOL. Excellent work BTW. I am using the addon version. I guess I can try the non-addon version.