anguis

TacOps Server

I'll check in to see if anyone shows up :p

I'd like to play, but I'm still sick, so I'll be holding off (f-ing chest congestion doesn't want to give it up. . .). The server will be up, though. I'll let viking and TCMI Snake know.

Have fun, y'all! If the server goes down, give the backup a try.

Edit: I've added the checkfile line to the server config. I can't get it to kick me, but I saw a note about it when someone else tried to join and then they disconnected (their mod line pretty much had everything but @wgltacops). I'm not sure if it was b/c of the check, though. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you (both with and without the correct addons). If there's any trouble, let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Anguis

Might check back in tomorrow - no one showed up and Anguis was butchers hook.

CheckFiles[] doesn't kick on different or missing files, it just prints messages in the chat. It will not differentiate between loaded and unloaded addons, it's just a file check. So if I have the correct addon file in the right folder, but not have it loaded, no error message.

Thanks, Pulverizer. I've commented it out - I only mean the check for game nights. So, what is the function that checks file compliance w/ the server? And, is there a way just to check file compliance and not folder structure (I don't care where folks have the addons).

Thanks!

Anguis,

EqMod I guess is the only way to ensure addon compliance, but I think all that checks for is mod folder name.

Anguis,

EqMod I guess is the only way to ensure addon compliance, but I think all that checks for is mod folder name.

Ah, well - I read up on this stuff a bit further. It appears that a check along the lines that I'd like to require is not in the cards.

Thanks, guys.

I'm gonna try and make it to the next one unless there happens to be a game tonight randomly.

I might get something going tomorrow night. Those interested, keep your eyes open.

Actually, I'm looking to get the CiA FDF server going - go to the CiA thread for more info.

Looking like it'll be a TacOps night, ~ 10 p.m. CST. Getting the kids to bed. . .

Well, folks, nix that. Take a look at the CiA thread (b/c I'm a screw up. . .).

Edited by Anguis

Happy New Year, folks!

The main TacOps server will be down for a bit while I figure out how to get around an Ubuntu problem I've run into (I don't know how to access the wifi network from the command line. . .). I can get the backup running, if enough folks want it, but, right now, it's running CiA FDF, and I'd prefer to keep it there (aside from the occasional TacOps WGL Night) - FDF's really fun - give it a go!

Take care, y'all!

Anguis

update: The server will be down for some time while I reassess/rethink its setup (and learn a few new Linux things. . .). It'll be back up, eventually.

Edited by Anguis

Thanks for the heads up! Been meaning to play some more, but got sidetracked!

Is anyone up for coop tonight? Either FDF on CiA server or I can run my WGL server.

Ok server is running. If I have ports forwarded properly it should be seen in gamespy, or the IP is: 75.4.203.124

Dang, Zulu - I just saw these last few posts, sorry for missing out on some playing last night.

Dang, Zulu - I just saw these last few posts, sorry for missing out on some playing last night.

Same. I've been so distracted lately. Eh.

In case anyone is interested, I've started my server again.

Hi, folks!

The TacOps WGL server is back up and running (TS2 server, as well). If any of you have the time, would you try to log in to both and let me know whether or not they are accessible?

Thanks!

Anguis

edit: ah, yes, I forgot that I could check the log - thanks for those who popped by.

Edited by Anguis

Anguis,

The other night I got on for a sec. and it seems OK. Voting and mission selection worked properly.

During the IP changes I lost the ability to log on via ftp. I've been trying to finish up the one mission that I gave up on last year. If you could update me with the ftp info in a PM I can upload to the server again.

Thx.

~Z~