anguis

TacOps Server

Hi Marto, where are you? Anguis seems to be second class at home-front league, wife holding kitchen bench quite well :P

@Revan You are totally out of range, just as me. Those guys living in backyard countries don't use the same time-zone as the rest of the world... :;

Awesome. Also it seems I missed a game today while I was AFK. I hate it when I miss games!

Hi, guys!

How's next Friday night (CST, O-Dark:30 Sat. a.m. OL time. . .) sound?

Revan, since you're CST, too, if I get on, it'll be in the evening, usually after the rest of the family is in bed. . .

I'll see if I can roust up Viking and Snake. Maybe Daefte will make an appearance! Zulu?

Anguis

Hi, guys!

How's next Friday night (O-Dark:30 Sat. a.m. OL time. . .) sound?

Anguis

Sound's good, fancy Hexenkessel?

Sounds great to me! I'll be sure to have OFPMonitor/OFPWatch activated. :) I'll also be sure to have TS handy for voice communication for battlefield operations. :cool:

I could make and appearence. I've seen Daefte and his group around recently, so that's a possiblilty. One thing Anguis...did you mean this Friday 5/4 or next Friday 5/11?

Hi, guys. I'm thinking this Friday, 5/4. And, if I'm not hit w/ distractions, 5/11 would be fun, too (but, let's cross that bridge when we get to it. . .).

Later!

Sounds good to me. Hopefully that bridge isn't contaminated with IED's.

Well, folks, I figure I should make it official - tonight @ 10 p.m. CST, WGL night @ the TacOps server. It's been a while since I fired things up. Come along, it should be fun!

10 PM? Will definitely be there! Just don't ask me to fly any jets though. I always have bad luck flying those. Haha. :)

Well, folks, I figure I should make it official - tonight @ 10 p.m. CST, WGL night @ the TacOps server. It's been a while since I fired things up. Come along, it should be fun!

CST; that's Cuba Standard Time right?

Uhh, Central Standard Time, but that's close enough I suppose. lmao I am now going to call it Cuba Standard Time as an in-joke.

That Castro-time seems more like O-Light:50 to me (if he didn't shut down the net..).

cyal ;)

In about an hour it should start. Saw you were on TS earlier. Sorry I didn't talk I was preoccupied, mate.

Edit - When this goes down, I hope we get a lot of screens. :) Some events during the missions and the end results. Like a 'tale' of our valor....or our fails. Kind of like in previous posts. :P I've been messing around in the editor with some things with the WGL plus TacOps stuff just to get familiar to it all again like when we played together that first time. Was surprisingly good with the Javelin even though I haven't used it in WGL before. I'm probably going to mess around more into the editor until you get on TS, Anguis. Dæfte is on with me atm, but is away. Guess I should practice some until the big night. Hopefully we can get in quite a few games tonight. I really enjoy playing OFP online. :)

I also might be getting a job soon, so hopefully save up for a good rig and I can get A2 + OA and other DLC's and join you guys on CiA Coop nights? That'll be swell. Really enjoy videos from you guys on it. I'm glad OFP is being kept alive by the way.

Edit 2 - Fun games tonight. Catch you guys tomorrow hopefully.

Edited by Revan9190

Weekend fun in Marto's Meatgrinder:

dxdshot1336194488.jpg

dxdshot1336195483.jpg

dxdshot1336194529.jpg

dxdshot1336195493.jpg

Zulu and Revan, still 'not dead':

dxdshot1336194849.jpg

As the above picture indicates, I did not make it out alive. . .

Let's see about doing it again this weekend (Friday or Saturday)!

Edited by Anguis
typo

I was going to make a post of our first operation, but I included too many pictures in the post, I may have to make it a two-parter. However, I will post screens of the mission above that you featured. I will make the two-parter one of Paradise Road later.

Once we touch down on the roof, we don't have long until we're pinned down by enemy fire.

JdSN0l.jpg

Yeah, Meatgrinder...no kidding!

I tended to go first down the stairwell to eliminate enemy hostilities.

i7W6Sl.jpg

Zulu's as well as my field of fire on the bottom floor.

(Note, this was taken after Zulu had died. Second attempt I believe, though we generally did the same thing both times.)

IBoA9l.jpg

(read the chat) I've wondered the same thing...

JiWiGl.jpg

Upon finding Anguis's corpse is when I really realized I was the last guy standing.

cbl0Kl.jpg

A quick salute. Didn't have time to do it for everyone.

3naZDl.jpg

All alone, my entire squad dead, I attempt to exfil. I like my car choice if I do say so myself. (Okay, not really. It sucks for off-roading.)

BH698l.jpg

Awww, I could have made it! Stupid resistance! I drove right into an enemy squad who found it funny to destroy the engine block, the windshield, and my tires. Question still stands...why was I the one who always died last on this mission? I should have taken the road. But after seeing my squad get slaughtered twice in the same night in the same place, you can imagine the mental torture. Almost glad it ended right there.

5otOxl.jpg

Anyways, tonight or Saturday? I'm so in!

(Any moderator reading this post, I tried finding medium sized thumbnails, but large or small was my only option with Imgur basic. And small was well...way too small, but the original image was massive...1366x768, I hope these large thumbnails are good. I may end up just using Photobucket again for stuff like this.)

Edited by Revan9190

I've got my server running right now if anyone wants to play, until Anguis gets TacOps going.

Thanks, Zulu - I hadn't realized it was down until trying to get on, just now. Should be up, shortly.

edit: Got some instability issues w/ the server - working through it. . . Sorry.

Edited by Anguis

If you guys are on right now, I apologize for not being there.

Hey Anguis,

After you left last night the server had some really bad lag issues. Was your connection being shared with someone else or maybe you had something going in the back ground?

I'm wondering the same. Funny enough, we both survived for awhile because of it. We took out three armored vehicles and quite a bit of infantry. Then Zulu left and I ran into enemy fire because I knew I wouldn't have finished that mission alive. Haha.