Sign in to follow this  
sw1

What happened to Carrier Command: Gaea Mission???

So this Bis did ArmA2 too? Not played any FPS since BF2 but looking forward to BF3 that I think will be special. Never bought a Bis game so I have nothing to base what I see or lack of what I see. But if I see its more FPS than anything I’ll move on.

I never buy into the hype, I’ve bought three games in the last five years so I pick very carefully. I played BF2 PR Mod till last year so I can say after five years BF2 was good value.

I’ll just have to accept this is how they roll, even if it’s a 2012-13 release.

But I still stand by they should be building a fan base as lets face it the kind of game it is or should be will have limited sales Unless its truly exceptional.

Forget about Carrier Command, stick to Battlefield games, then come back to Carrier Command when it's released.

The most heavily publicized games tend to be the most mediocre.

Hardly anything was shown of ArmA2 until a couple of months/weeks before release. Posting Photoshopped pictures every week for months like all of the major publishers do creates a hype, and BIS does not sell games by hyping up rubbish products and thereby ripping off it's customers. You're not kept up to date by major publishers, you are conned into thinking the game has so much going for it when in fact it's just an empty shell with an excessively high pricetag on it. No matter how much shiny screenshots and heavily edited videos they give you.

It was always like that. And hopefully it will continue to be like that.

But there the flip side of far too little information. Anything really would be nice.

This place is as interesting as a dry river bed............there must be elements that are locked down that will be in the game or are we way out of touch with a release end of this year?

This place is as interesting as a dry river bed............

It depends on how you look at it. An archeologist or paleontologist would find that dry river bed simply fascinating :bounce3:

But there the flip side of far too little information. Anything really would be nice.

I really see your point. And for someone like you who isn't used to this "lack of information", it must be harder to accept.

Patience will be rewarded very soon ;)

By the way in discussion on yesterday's games.tiscali.cz article about Take on Helicopter somebody ask when we get some news about Carrier Command and editor-in-chief answered him: "It will be very soon = expect article in few days :)".

It's amazing how much news about other BIS games is coming out of the Take On Helicopters releases. The PC Gamer interview for instance is surely the biggest suggestion we've had that there will likely be an ArmA 3.

By the way in discussion on yesterday's games.tiscali.cz article about Take on Helicopter somebody ask when we get some news about Carrier Command and editor-in-chief answered him: "It will be very soon = expect article in few days :)".

on same page, if you search for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, there is june 2011 as release day ... :D

uhmmmm... I just saw that there is a new X coming in q4 2011. In q1 2012 should come Naval War Arctic Circle.

I guess Q3 2012 is a good time :)

Wikipedia says developement has stopped and we can't expect to see it before 2012?

Is this true? :(

Lol Wikipedia....

So is that article what Placebo meant when he said

Patience will be rewarded very soon ;)
or can we expect some more goodies for this game soon?

NTRUDER;1870791']I wouldn't take that Wikipedia info for a proven fact. As usual.

Wikipedia of misinformation. Wikipedia is so bad, it is not allowed as a source in college.

-X

Wikipedia of misinformation. Wikipedia is so bad, it is not allowed as a source in college.

-X

Wikipedia is a perfectly fine source when the source information is adequately cited. It's usually bad when it's your only source.

True that, though still it will include too much opinion.