Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Regarding revive "suiting your needs" in PvP, I really don't know what to say, since I don't see any kind of revive (be it just die-revive-die-revive script or some deeper ACE medical system) doing much good in a PvP scenario that is heavily based on respawns. After all, do you treat the heavily-wounded guy that will just end up getting you killed (or have him only able to crawl around and aim poorly), or just let him respawn? How do you balance the respawn timer so that on one hand treating wounded would be worthwhile but on the other hand those who cannot be treated won't get bored sitting out for a very long time?

In any case, if you have crashes, you should probably just see if you can run more simple stuff first, so that you can have some kind of a chance to spot the problem (ex: server problem or mission-specific problem?).

Excuse me for my silly question,but is there a way to make the radio comms to be heard (not only text) - like "Engaging" ; "Taking heavy fire" ; "Move to grid ***" etc. ?A friend of mine is also using ACE and he can hear them,but I cant.

Excuse me for my silly question,but is there a way to make the radio comms to be heard (not only text) - like "Engaging" ; "Taking heavy fire" ; "Move to grid ***" etc. ?A friend of mine is also using ACE and he can hear them,but I cant.
Update your ACE_Userconfig.hpp accordingly

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

Just a small issue, but would it be possible to make the T72 series main gun secondary night vision scoop be able to turn off and on? I am not asking for "clear" view while its off, not sure it can do that or not, but if it cant it would be better just to see a black screen before the slit opening view because the night vision makes you blind for a short while if you go back to the main gun scoop during day time.

@Zio Sam:

Hopefully you'll find the answers you're looking for.

Otherwise I can recommend giving the ACE revive a try and see for yourselves.

Thx for the answer but i need some technical info about the weight of the internal revive system.(script to load and run for server and clients)

Just to know if it's feasable to play 40vs40,maybe the internal revive system is very heavy server side and not suggested for large numbers but only for coop.

I don't think our troubles are due to missinon specific problem,since the mission is very light:no script apart the revive and a counter for objectives(alive/death),80 playable units and some vehicles,2 markers:respawn_west,respawn_east;that's all

nou, i cant wait to see your nvg stuff, i think alot of people waiting for this so long.

cheers Cruzifer

ps: keep up the awesome work, ace devs!!!

Wow friday snuck up on me like nobodys business, dragon and nvg stuff will have to wait till next week. I am battling a major cold at the moment and I am jet lagged from spending last week traveling around Japan... I just sleep all day and sit dazed in front of my computer! :p

Sorry! :(

I don't want to rain on your parade, but our team lost another squadnight evening figuring out why ACE wouldn't work properly. I can't even upload logs since it filled 60megs... As far the testing went we're certain that ACE is somewhat incompatibile with linux (well, ubuntu) dedicated server. Even missions not containing any ace stuff (default, vanilla) didn't open. ACRE radios were dissapearing every 0.5sec etc.

We then tried windows server and it worked then.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but our team lost another squadnight evening figuring out why ACE wouldn't work properly. I can't even upload logs since it filled 60megs... As far the testing went we're certain that ACE is somewhat incompatibile with linux (well, ubuntu) dedicated server. Even missions not containing any ace stuff (default, vanilla) didn't open. ACRE radios were dissapearing every 0.5sec etc.

We then tried windows server and it worked then.

Re Linux compatibility:

As said, you must not run ACEX_SM on the linux server, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17018#note-15. ACEX_SM is a client-side mod and not needed on dedicated server.

and you might have to increase open file limit (Details in the ticket. Not much we can do about it on our end if that is the case).

What have you tried so far? Are you running every modfolder in lowercase (toLower utility) etc?

Re Uploading logs: use 7zip or winrar first, then upload.

Edited by Sickboy

Well, we've thought that disabling ACEX_SM would work... we tried that first. Then everything seems to be working fine, but not a single mission would load, no RPT entry about that, it just returns players to the mission selection screen.

We are using tolower all the time because mission makers love to have names like: UseStupidUpperCaSe.island.pbo :)

So... increasing open file limit is a bit out of our reach (we're just hosts). I'll try 1.9 instead of 1.8 but as I've checked out logs there should be no bigger changes or am I wrong? When I do that I'll check the logs again and zip them somewhere for you to take a look.

Well, we've thought that disabling ACEX_SM would work... we tried that first. Then everything seems to be working fine, but not a single mission would load, no RPT entry about that, it just returns players to the mission selection screen.

We are using tolower all the time because mission makers love to have names like: UseStupidUpperCaSe.island.pbo :)

So... increasing open file limit is a bit out of our reach (we're just hosts). I'll try 1.9 instead of 1.8 but as I've checked out logs there should be no bigger changes or am I wrong? When I do that I'll check the logs again and zip them somewhere for you to take a look.

What is the exact mod-line used to start the server?

In any case, the rpt's are useful regardless if there are any messages about the thing you're after.

They tell what commandline is used, if there are config issues, etc. If you haven't deleted the current logs yet, it might still be useful to send them.

Re the file limit - if you find no other solution you could try and ask your hoster.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Actually, im installing ubuntu 10.10 64-bit now to reproduce the issue. Are you running the latest version? What OA version do you use?

Edited by Sickboy

all servers uncompatible with current undate using six updater

Edited by kotov12345

all servers uncompatible with current undate using six updater
Slap the server admins around then :yay:

Current SU build == 1.9 Stable.

1.9 Update 1 will release in some hours.

may be you need produce less updates :) ?

I'm still trying to get pleasure to check how good is it but never able to join any servers.

When I try to check in editor I always finding bugs - like this - empty t90

when T90 hit M1A1 track was it became damaged and it really good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooanGMwMs44

may be you need produce less updates :) ?

I'm still trying to get pleasure to check how good is it but never able to join any servers.

When I try to check in editor I always finding bugs - like this - empty t90

when T90 hit M1A1 track was it became damaged and it really good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooanGMwMs44

If you find bugs, have feedback or suggestions, please find our issue tracker: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

The BIS T90 model has several bugs, we cannot fix without MLOD.

Less updates is not an option, and there are plenty of options for server admins to streamline and automate the update process.

Especially due to the past months updater improvements and custom hosting options; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Presenting_Six_Updater_Hosting_options

Lastly you can downgrade / upgrade your mod at anytime, im guessing if servers run older versions, they make the versions available over SU, AddonSync or otherwise.

Sickboy, you said above that "ACEX_SM is a client-side mod and not needed on dedicated server". Are you saying one can delete this from the server command line and ACE will run ok on the server? If that is true, is there any other ACE mod that does not need to be in the command line? I am thinking that this might conserve resources?

Sickboy, you said above that "ACEX_SM is a client-side mod and not needed on dedicated server". Are you saying one can delete this from the server command line and ACE will run ok on the server? If that is true, is there any other ACE mod that does not need to be in the command line? I am thinking that this might conserve resources?

You are correct. ACEX_SM is a SoundMod, and remains true to override-mod principles. It does not change any class inheritance etc, it just replaces original sounds with custom ones.

It is only required on clients. The server just needs the acex_sm.bikey to accept clients with the soundmod.

Saves some disk-space, perhaps some memory.

Actually, im installing ubuntu 10.10 64-bit now to reproduce the issue. Are you running the latest version? What OA version do you use?
Cannot reproduce on Ubuntu 10.10 Server 64-bit, default install.

Even with @acex_sm loaded on the deddy. Using a2oa-server-1.57.76894

Icebreakr could you please note which distribution version you use, and how many MPMissions you guys have in the mpmissions folder, and which / how many other mods you run?

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

ACE for OA 1.9 Update 1 Released!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_9_Update_1

Please see http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support for Support options.

Edited by Sickboy

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE___________472

@ACEX__________320

@ACEX_USNavy___42

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

NOTE: Please make sure you tick userconfig as this has been updated.