Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

This happens to someone? I do not see the sights of RPG :j:

:eek:

arma2.th.jpg:eek:

So... increasing open file limit is a bit out of our reach (we're just hosts). I'll try 1.9 instead of 1.8 but as I've checked out logs there should be no bigger changes or am I wrong? When I do that I'll check the logs again and zip them somewhere for you to take a look.
It is definitely the open files limit.

I was able to reproduce the problems once I added 100's of mpmissions.

The issue is the default open file limits set for useraccounts on linux (ubuntu at least), which is set to 1024, which is way too low if you use a lot of addons (ACE, and perhaps others), and have a lot of mpmissions too.

Even the game by itself already has/uses 100's of files.

I've posted my findings and solution to http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17018#note-17

You'll have to ask your hoster if you do not have root access.

It is not an ACE issue but a simple technical fact of configuration and amount of files.

See CIT ticket http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11584

Also added to ace armastack; http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/109/why-does-my-linux-server-crash-show-problems-when-ace-loaded

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18195

Edited by Sickboy

And/Or just decrease the mission count on the server as a temporary solution?

And/Or just decrease the mission count on the server as a temporary solution?
And/Or amount of mods.

However people usually have the missions and mods on their server which they want to play with.

Better solve it properly :)

Could You please share Your RPT file with us?

Hi, yesterday i was playing in MP (to the ArmA2) with a man that was using the ACE mod while i doesn't, i seen him with a BIS M16A4-CCO on the hands and we don't had problems aside the starting error message on my end when he'd opened an ammo box for 1St time; but... when he fired his (for me) BIS M16A4... i didn't heard any sound from his weapon. Just wanted to report about this. Let's C ya

Usually when people with ACE play with people with Vanilla the server tend to crash

Can someone tell me how i fire IED´s? I laid down one from the explosives stash crate with the ACE interaction menu, but i cant fire it via the menu, neither with choosing weapons.

thanks for the video, but thats how i did it. for some reason i can only lay down the IED´s but after that the options with name the ied or put its safty off doesnt appear in the interaction menu. may truemods cause this problem?

Ok working now, wasnt looking at it...ty

Edited by Coffeecat

Hi, yesterday i was playing in MP (to the ArmA2) with a man that was using the ACE mod while i doesn't, i seen him with a BIS M16A4-CCO on the hands and we don't had problems aside the starting error message on my end when he'd opened an ammo box for 1St time; but... when he fired his (for me) BIS M16A4... i didn't heard any sound from his weapon. Just wanted to report about this. Let's C ya

I'd expect a lot more issues that you haven't noticed yet when mixing up ACE and vanilla. They're not supposed to mix. Everyone must run same version of ACE.

Ok i really gettin frustrated with the NV Goggles.

Can you turn the Brightness off the NV Goggles to the brighness of BIS NV´s or is it really that dark? with 100% the enemys notice me faster WITHOUT NV´s then i can see them at night.

Ok i really gettin frustrated with the NV Goggles.

Can you turn the Brightness off the NV Goggles to the brighness of BIS NV´s or is it really that dark? with 100% the enemys notice me faster WITHOUT NV´s then i can see them at night.

Please write a ticket with repro mission, details and especially your rpt file; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Edited by Sickboy

yea i would do that, but im not sure if the problem is on my end!

Is the ACE2 NV Googles just much darker then the BIS Vanilla´s?

this is how my NV looks with full brightness:

3e2n3zy2r2s.jpg"]3e2n3zy2r2s.jpg[/url]

fewojwnj4a2.jpg"]fewojwnj4a2.jpg[/url]

Edited by Coffeecat

mmm it's very dark...too dark imo

btw NVG amplify natural light,maybe in your mission setup you have set a night without moon and stars and also cloudy?

I just figured it was a problem on BIS end. I do notice at times in the first mission of my ACE2 campaign that it will get really dark at times when looking in certain directions. Even on full it will get dark like the picture coffeecat showed. I remember that happening a few times with just vanilla as well. I know there's times when in low/high light situations the nvg may be darker or brighter but I never remember them getting that dark, especially close up. I have a pair and although they are early generation, they still are brighter then that.

No clue about the cause though.

After some more testing im pretty sure that this happens if you add the NV´s later, in the mission, pretty strange. Got to Remove all weapons in the units init for other weapons and if i add the NV Goggles in the init it gets very dark. would be nice if someone could test it, then i will create a dev heaven ticket.

is there any way to removeallweapons but not the NVGoogles in the units init? would fix the problem for me fist...

Edited by Coffeecat

First of all to correct sights of RPG

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Yes in the previous version a mod with NGV all was as it should be, and now even at 100 % up brightness of the device all the same darkly, almost as without NGV.

Grenade Throw Modes and C.Q.B. Sights doesn't work for me. For example when i press shift + F only rate of fire change. it doesn't work even when i have ace weapon with acog

any idea?

C.Q.B. Sights key has changed to "/", as OA defaults key.