Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Crysis 2 PC Demo [Download link]

Wont buy after playing this demo, will stay on my good and old Crysis and Crysis Wars. (playing Mech Warrior's Living Legends MoD)

Why in the hell they even call it "Crysis2"?

They should have named it "Call of Duty: Nano Suit Warfare". Its a CoD franchise Clone.

Oh wow that fall scene was wonderful.

Regarding the demo: how can I force the game to turn off AA? In the ATI CCP, the lowest if 2X.

Crysis 1 still looks a hell of a lot better and didn't have the bloom and blur at levels Crysis 2 does.

The visuals are still good despite them but it just doesn't have the HOLY F$%#!!! effect the first did when you loaded it up.

It's clearly been consolized.

Because the game uses unlocks, XP points and such which are saved on a remote server.

Consolized? Yeah, thats an understatement.

Doesn't seem to be worth the trouble. I mean aim assist, really?

And of course the usual...

[/img]

Schindler's list music for a video game...lol. Talk about over the top.

In other Crysis-related news: my jaw just fell off.

Edit: And in further, more important Crysis 2 news: Crysis 2 will only ship with DirectX9.

I just canceled my pre-order. I was willing to overlook some slight consolefication of the game that I saw in the MP demo, but now it's clear that the PC version is literally just a console port, rather than the lead version (or only version, as was the case with Crysis). Shame what the mainstream does these days...

Edited by Zipper5

So what? It looks great on Dx9 too and you'll get Dx11 later anyway.

I think the problem Ziiip is Crisis used to be a cutting edge game, with graphics and physics that blow your mind. Now its just one of em kinda like.

Yup, I like the game, but I won't support this constant moving away from the PC as a platform despite developers, like Crytek, starting there, simply due to reasons of greed. Games have never been made better by being made multiplatform.

@Zipper5

that's weird. I would've expected it to go up to at least DX10. also, those screenshots look crazy good.

got it to log in eventually. Mindless fun, nothing spectacular though. once you get the grip of it, it is pretty simple.

For mp only, this is no buy...

Due to a broken DVD drive that I've had for months, making hard copies relatively useless, I bought the Crysis Complete Pack on Steam today for $60 (Crysis, Crysis: Warhead and Crysis: Wars). Couple them with some community mods, and I realized I forgot how much I missed the game. Crysis 2's story seems a lot better, but its innovation seems way down.

Innovation doesn't sell ...

Due to a broken DVD drive that I've had for months, making hard copies relatively useless, I bought the Crysis Complete Pack on Steam today for $60 (Crysis, Crysis: Warhead and Crysis: Wars). Couple them with some community mods, and I realized I forgot how much I missed the game. Crysis 2's story seems a lot better, but its innovation seems way down.

Had a simlar experiance a couple of months back, it really is a fantastic experiance and looking at cry2 , I 'think' this may follow suit.

Innovation doesn't sell ...

It's not that it doesn't sell, it's the fact that studios doing the innovations

don't have the massive advertising budgets the AAA studios have.

Activision throws 3 times more in advertising for COD then they do to make the game itself.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I think the problem Ziiip is Crisis used to be a cutting edge game, with graphics and physics that blow your mind. Now its just one of em kinda like.

This. ^^^

I remember when Crysis 1 came out.

An employee of Futureshop near me slapped together a demostration system

hooked up to a 60" Plasma HDTV which at the time cost something like $20,000.

The lineup to play it was longer then the lines on Boxing day.

When I got online, there were servers that had a "No shooting" rule

hosting user made maps. Players just walked around admiring the graphics

and going for a swim.

I just wish somebody would make a contemporary MP shooter that realises CryEngine's considerable potential. Casus Belli is one very good propsect but, like all good total conversions these days, is taking a long time. I also recently discovered that Fortran (briefly an ArmA modder and a lead for the SP mod Task Force Black) appears to have joined a team planning a next iteration of the Source mod Insurgency.

It says "Press Enter instead of "Press begin" to start.

I lol'd. I really did.

I lol'd. I really did.

Ditto..

Funny as the patch for that one game that just basically fixed credits..

It's what they advertise as "dedicated post-release support" these days. ;)

Dedicated post-release support pretty much means any post-release support at all these days :(

i like the demo

grafics r better than in crysis1 and performance is better.

u can notice that they put some time in balancing the nanosuit powers.

the feel of ur own charakter in the game is great, the sounds, the movement, headshaking etc...

the climbing of walls is nicely done but i wished they had a bit more "mirrors edge"-like movement in it.

walking, sprinting is a bit to fast for my taste(for this kind of game- the time-space-weaponhandling proportions are just not right) and the weapons recoil is to low.

the gameplay is still nice imo, but could be so much better with different speeds and recoils *sigh*

getting the demo running was a total mess, and crytek failed hard there. how in the world can some1 f*** up a gamerelease like that? and im not happy about that, i really think crytek deserves good sales, because the engine is awsome and has so much to offer....

for those who dont like bloom and motion blur and want to tweak a few other things, try this:

just add to the startup command line. (right click , properties on the crysis 2 shortcut and paste it after everything in the "target" box. - note that u have to link to an other exe! replace Crysis2Launcher.exe with Crysis2Demo.exe)

+g_skipIntro 1

+cl_fov 70

+r_DrawNearFoV 70

+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 70

+r_motionblur 0

+r_glow 0

+sys_maxfps 125

+i_mouse_accel=0

+cl_crouchtoggle 0

+cl_zoomToggle 0

pretty self explanatory really

so the target in ur shortcut might look like this :

"K:\Games\Crysis2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov 70 +r_glow 0 +i_mouse_accel 0 + g_skipintro 1 +r_motionblur 0 +cl_crouchtoggle 0 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetfov 70

found here(german):http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,814314/Tipps-fuer-die-Crysis-2-Demo-So-verbessern-Sie-Grafik-Steuerung-und-Spielspass-Update-SLI/Action-Spiel/News/

or google it

Edited by RunForrest

getting the demo running was a total mess, and crytek failed hard there. how in the world can some1 f*** up a gamerelease like that? and im not happy about that, i really think crytek deserves good sales, because the engine is awsome and has so much to offer....

Every pre-release beta/demo has the same issues these days. It's no longer just an issue of not anticipating the demand.

Those tweaks sound interesting, might make it more enjoyable. Doesn't change the fact it's a blatant console port in its demo state though, and given that the game won't ship with DX11 it won't be much better at release either.