Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Crysis 2 PC Demo [Download link]

true, however with winxp 32 DX11 is not a topic for me (well maybe in case of Battlefield BC2 where i have no AA with DX9 :banghead: :mad: than i start thinking about DX11-as a nice cashcow imho :D)

grafics r better than in crysis1 and performance is better.

Now way in hell are the graphics better, there are several videos comparing Cryengine 2 vs. 3 on Youtube a few of which were out several months ago showing the editor in action making levels on PC, PS3 and Xbox360 simultaneously. (Jungle maps).

Screens shots also clearly show the new engine is dumbed down for consoles.

Hopefully map makers can do something to make it worthwhile buying.

Edited by jblackrupert

.. They made it so all the pings are seen as 0 in the browser, Errm, What was the point of that?

Before the patch the ping was only shown for only a few servers for some reason. Propably they didnt had time to look into this issue now for the patch or its just not as important as other things they do have to focus at the moment so they said propably "ok, lets disable the ping column completely for now then to not confuse people". Quick fix.

Yeah since when is disabling a Feature better than fixing it -_-

Since its just a demo that ends on 13th march anyway.

Innovation doesn't sell ...

It's sold me every title they have made up until this point.

It's also the reason I am unlikely even to install this demo.

Well, the game is out now, and it is exactly the console port tripe everyone was afraid of, including myself. It also has no modding support what so ever. I get the feeling this is more EA's doing than Crytek's, but who really knows outside of their inner circles...

It is funny, however, that in all of the threads bitching about how Crysis 2 isn't a true PC game like they said it would be, people point out Arma 2 as an alternative. :D

But I stuck at it and I became accustomed to the controls, familiar with the multiplayer and I found a couple of good servers. This game absolutely rocks and I cannot go back to any CoD style FPS anymore because Arma 2 just offers so much more. The modding scene is extremely vibrant and alive and the developers behind the game, Bohemia Interactive Studios, actively partake in the official forums and listen to the suggestions and gripes of the community.

Just bought the game despite not being amazed by the absolute lack of moddability (damn i couldnt resist those sweet sweet ceph soldier). If anyone else buys it, we can play together in MP.

Although I really hope that they will make the game moddable, because the I have some ideas for the multiplayer.

Edited by ziiip

Crysis 2 PC Benchmarks With GeForce GTX 590 and Radeon HD 6990 Linus Tech Tips

FrJnIr1t28M

Nasty flickering screen bug at 4:00

Linus works for NCIX a store in Canada that also ships to the US

he calls it as he sees it even if NCIX is selling the product.

Same flickering. ATI Crossfire but I've seen Youtube posts saying it happens in some SLI setups.

BCHgQP5YHb4

Crysis 2 PC MAXIMUM FAIL(HD)

AIxGztm9mhQ

Edited by jblackrupert

I stopped seeing the flickering as of 267.84 but some people are still reporting it. It's a good game and the campaign is sufficiently long (unlike most other games released lately).

Those dual GPU cards are such crap. The 6990 sounds like a helicopter and the 590 produces more heat than a certain Russian Nuclear reactor c. April, 1986.

Edited by BangTail

I Don't buy console games. Which is why I won't be getting Crysis 2.

I Don't buy console games. Which is why I won't be getting Crysis 2.

Not buying is fine, but this stubborn "console port blah blah" is really getting boring. :rolleyes:

Agreed ziiip. There seems to be a lot of people bashing this game just for daring not to be Arma2. I've got plenty of hard drive space, enough to have games as well as simulators. Yes we all know we hit the jackpot with developers like BIS, but it doesn't invalidate every other game out there.

I'm a big fan of Crytek's work, I've played all their stuff from Far Cry onwards. They've always pushed the envelope technically and visually and have largely worked out how to weave a pretty decent narrative into a sandbox style gameplay. Until now it all came at the cost of extreme PC overload.

I got Crysis2 yesterday and to be frank it's a pretty bloody amazing game (just playing SP so far). The full 110% overblown cinematic SciFi spectacle, with no concessions to reality, just the way it should be. The presentation is just immaculate, and the gameplay very entertaining. The change from jungle to city environments which are more like very wide corridors rather than full sandboxes means that it looks astonishing (even DX9), but plays fluidly on my box which struggled to get 25fps in Crysis. If the price to pay for this is checkpoint saves and fewer graphic tweak settings, then I can live with it. I already have Arma2 for modding and ongoing creativity, so I don't base my opinions of other games on whether I can mod them.

We've all seen those insulting console ports, well, to me, this just isn't one of them. Yep, Crytek made their name on PC but they are clearly a very talented bunch despite a loudmouth CEO, and in this case Crysis2 is almost more about bringing their PC style presentation/gameplay to consoles than console limitations to PC. If it makes them more $ so they can continue to develop games then good.

I quite like the game, both the single player and multiplayer, both significantly improved over Crysis' in my opinion. However, I refrain from buying obvious console ports as much as possible, especially when developers like Treyarch (Black Ops. Still no mod tools, still no performance fixes.) and now, unfortunately, Crytek, outright lie about them to sucker you into buying it. It's unethical, and I will not support it. Crysis 2 on the PC just wreaks of laziness, with them keeping the Press Start/Enter screen, a lackluster server browser and, the biggest issue of all - ridiculously scaled-back graphics options. It's not a PC game designed to work on consoles anymore, it's a console game lazily ported to the PC.

Unfortunately developers have been making claims and promises they don't follow up on since ENIAC. I've learned to take everything I hear from developers (and more importantly, publishers) with a grain of salt.

In all seriousness though, precisely what claims did Crytek make with regard to Crysis2 on the PC that I should feel so short changed about?

Unfortunately developers have been making claims and promises they don't follow up on since ENIAC. I've learned to take everything I hear from developers (and more importantly, publishers) with a grain of salt.

In all seriousness though, precisely what claims did Crytek make with regard to Crysis2 on the PC that I should feel so short changed about?

I love the game tbh, it's a total excercise in escapism.

However, they did imply DX11 would be included and 'adding it later' doesn't really help me.

That's something that really does naff me off, this business of 'we'll add it later' - usually after they've tried to sell some DLC.

With Crysis 1 they lied about lighting and other effects only available under DX10

which meant you had to purchase Vista.

In reality the effects were disabled by Crytek themselves and they were caught by people digging through the game files.

They showed "Gameplay" that had effects such as the ability to throw enemies

through walls leaving a hole. Only to admit several weeks after release

and tons of people trying to reproduce the videos that it was not possible

in the retail game.

The demos of the game shown at conventions were heavily tweaked to

get smooth gameplay at the maximum graphic settings which is the reason demonstrators

refused to answer direct questions about the specs of the demo systems.

The open BETA keys promised to people who had system specs that Crytek was supposably looking for to test the game never appeared. No matter what specs

you had the Fileplanet site insisted you didn't qualify and you need to purchase

a paid account to earn a key which not everyone got once they did.

Then Cavet going on about piracy after release when a lot of pissed off people

complained about the deceptions.

Should be interesting to see if this DX11 patch actually appears and it's what they promise.

Edited by jblackrupert

Well, the chance that Crytek isn't seeing my money grows every minute.

If they fuck up a demo release like this, I don't even want to see what happens on game release.

good old Bohemia :inlove:

I probably should continue reading the thread, but it's getting late and I still have more to do so I'll just say this.

Give Cyrtek a chance. I played OFP and ArmA (1) long before BIS released the ArmA 2 demo, and when I downloaded the A2 demo it almost (almost) influenced me not to buy ArmA 2. The demo sucked. I mean it royally sucked.

So just because the demo may be a steaming pile of horse manure, that doesn't mean the actual game will be.

Seems word on the street is pirate copies work in MP.

This should get interesting seeing as EA has a system in place that Crytek could have used to prevent this yet choose not to.

I'd be willing to bet any money it was deliberate so Cevat Yerli can go on one of his little rants.