Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration V2.10 -Zombie Reign-

[*]Every 30 minutes, dead bodies will sink into the ground and be deleted (Done upon request)

====================================================

Is there a way to disable this because I like it when the bodies stay on the ground?

Sounds awesome. Can't wait till I can try out the new version. (I hate my crappy connection.. Takes so long to download UD Mod :( )

Thanks for all your hard work!

Thank you for being patient with me!

Hosting server now, can't wait!

Good! I'm glad to see this! Is it a dedicated?

Is there a way to disable this because I like it when the bodies stay on the ground?

Yeah!

1) Use PBOview to "Unpack" the mission

2)Open the folder that is created from "Unpacking" the mission and find "init.sqf"

3)Open "init.sqf" with notepad (or anything that'll work)

4) Find the line [1800,0] exec "cly_removedead.sqs"; and change the 1800 to a 0 (Or perferred amount)

Sounds awesome. Can't wait till I can try out the new version. (I hate my crappy connection.. Takes so long to download UD Mod :( )

Yeah :| I think if you have V.90 you can just delete the CHN_Undead_control.pbo and it should work fine. It's probably better to just redownload it off of ArmAHolic.

Just played this and had a lot of fun even if it was in SP. I spawned near Rasman Airfield, found a car with fuel fuel in it, went to the airfield and transferred fuel into the AN-2.. Flew off and landed near Anar and drove the AN-2 to my fuel truck.

I couldn't find a repair truck anywhere though.

By the way, are there other missions around the map to acquire various vehicles?

@Genesis, any reason why you have ace_sys_nuke in your @Degen folder, as its already in the @ACE collection?

Ie do we actually need @Degen?

Hi there.

ACE Nuke I think is removed from ACE install it was removed so yes it does need to be in there.

What I do is create a folder called @DEGEN and place the 2 files from V84 and the ace nuke in there all so.

Zombie dogs have been removed for now

@Genesis: is there a simple Way how i can remove the Dogs from undead V0.9 ? Please help me, i dont need the Dogs. To fast, to small, no Chance.

Thx

Greetings Thunder

Hi there.

ACE Nuke I think is removed from ACE install it was removed so yes it does need to be in there.

What I do is create a folder called @DEGEN and place the 2 files from V84 and the ace nuke in there all so.

Ahh, yes, the latest ACE build (compared with build I had from 2 weeks ago) has removed ace-sys-nuke... I see! :o

Thunder666;1869652']@Genesis: is there a simple Way how i can remove the Dogs from undead V0.9 ? Please help me' date=' i dont need the Dogs. To fast, to small, no Chance.

Thx

Greetings Thunder[/quote']

No, there is not a really simple way to remove them from V.90 :| If you try running in zig-zags you can usually outrun them. V.90 really requires vehicles.

Is there any advantage to using V90 over V84?.

V.90 runs much better than V.84 and if you are playing single player I would suggest using the host version! I brought Degeneration back to V.84 because of the issues V.90 was causing... V.90 is V.84 but optimized.

Just played this and had a lot of fun even if it was in SP. I spawned near Rasman Airfield, found a car with fuel fuel in it, went to the airfield and transferred fuel into the AN-2.. Flew off and landed near Anar and drove the AN-2 to my fuel truck.

I couldn't find a repair truck anywhere though.

By the way, are there other missions around the map to acquire various vehicles?

Right now, no. I will be adding more missions (some will be more complex) after this mission gets stable. Version 3.50 will contain many many many more missions/objectives.

EDIT: Just re-uploaded Degeneration. Got a few PM's about Norrins script and how it doesn't like to play nice with zombies. Changed it out for a more feasable system.

Edited by Genesis92x

Hi again you say V90 is more optimized so could we have the best of both worlds and use V90 but delete the CHN_Undead_control.pbo or is that really untested territory?.

And if this would work would we do the same for the server and all so delete the CHN_Undead_control.pbo even though it would be a dedicated server.

P.S

My mate kept dieing last night not all ways via a zombie and when he tried to re spawn he kept getting a white screen would this be the fix in your latest version by any chance?.

Edited by stk2008

Hey, I'm trying to run your mission single-player on a LAN, and it seems like the zombies aren't doing anything other than running in little circles. Any tips?

Hey, I'm trying to run your mission single-player on a LAN, and it seems like the zombies aren't doing anything other than running in little circles. Any tips?

Think I saw the same thing with 0.84 on SP the other day.

Haven't had time to find the zombies on 0.84 on dedicated yet and obsevre whether this also happens.

They certainly acted like Zombies on 0.9 on SP.

Seems the links to 0.9 are all down. I don't suppose you'd be able to hook me up with a link?

EDIT: I suppose I should add that I'm running version 3.00 of the mod, so .84 should ideally be working, which it doesn't really seem to be.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

Could someone re upload .90? I'd like to test .84, .85 and .90 to see which one works best on my server.

Okay, looks like there was an updated version of .90 in one of Genesis's posts a few pages back.

Here's the link to the host version for everyone that wants it:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20043890/V.90Host.zip

and the client version:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20044013/V.90Client.zip

I'm downloading it now, and I'll report back on whether it works or not.

Bumping this to say that switching to .90 host hasn't solved the problem of zombies not doing anything. They continue to run in circles and not attack. I'm going to see if I can turn up an older version of the mission and give that a shot.

EDIT: I tried out 2.20, and I can confirm that the zombies work fine, so I guess something must have gone haywire in the transition to .84.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

Bumping this to say that switching to .90 host hasn't solved the problem of zombies not doing anything. They continue to run in circles and not attack. I'm going to see if I can turn up an older version of the mission and give that a shot.

EDIT: I tried out 2.20, and I can confirm that the zombies work fine, so I guess something must have gone haywire in the transition to .84.

Confirmed, on dedicated sever, 0.84 and Degen3.0, Zombies run around in little curcles and don't attack.

Further testing: dedicated with 0.84 and Degen 2.2, Zombies do their Zombie thing properly.

Edited by gnarly_rider
Update v2.2 testing

Gentlemen, I apologize for the lack of presence on behalf of Genesis' part as well as my own. Please know, that life has caught up with both of us, and he is currently on Vacation. I'm not going to much help, in terms of getting the needed files, but I can tell you this. When running servers, it should be setup like so. Please note, that I don't know if he uploaded his latest Host and Client versions, but I hope I can at least clear some things up before life swallows me whole again.

For Listen Servers: The Host of the Listen Server must be running the Host Version (This version is denoted by having the chn_undead_control.pbo and .bisign as part of the archive). While Clients must run the Client version, denoted by the lack thereof a chn_undead_control.pbo and .bisign.

For Dedicated Servers: The Server itself must be running the Host Version, while ALL Clients must be runnning the Client Version.

Remember, even just one person running the Control PBO will be enough to break the AI for the Infected.

I hope this has been some help, and I'll remind Genesis to double check here first thing when he gets home. I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration the lack of support may have been causing.

Hey there.

He said in the latest version that we should be using V84 so using that version has no HOST/CLIENT.

I am lost this mod is confusing me and you lot I think :P.

Any ways please dont worry about lack of updates we all know what it is like life takes over all of us.

Thanks

Damn it.

Ok we tried again we use a dedicated server BTW.

We all ran the V90 and DEGEN 3.00 and used the correct CLIENT/HOST files.

After a while the zombies will stop attacking and chasing yo so we then though ok lets delete the UNDEAD CONTROL.PBO from the CLIENTS ONLY.

So we did that and they still stop chasing you BUT they will attack if u get next to em.

they spawn still so that's good they just don't seem to bother chasing/track you.

It does seem that the zombies that spawn before the NUKE do chase etc its seems to be the ones after that don't but I cant be 100% on that one.

Anyone else getting the Ace Navy and RU stuff as missing so it won't play?

Anyone else getting the Ace Navy and RU stuff as missing so it won't play?

Nope.

You need to make sure your loading them as a selected mod on game start or in your target line.