Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration V2.10 -Zombie Reign-

Damn that is a bug but I think that may be ACE as jerry cans is an ACE feature I will create a ticker for that when I get the chance.

Well, as far as difficulty, it could just be lucky spawns to blame for some of it. However like Genesis said, this is a beta, and to keep his word he released it early. The real balances/changes/fixes will most likely take place over the coming days and/or weeks.

As far the exploit for Jerrycans, sadly, that is out of our hands. That is an ACE-Related issue, and I have long since given up on fixing ACE.

All in all, your best bet is to use your gamer integrity :P

One last thing to keep in mind while you're slaughtering hordes of the undead, Degeneration is heavily-reliant and heavily-directed by player action. You make the mission go how you want it to go. So sure, it could be easy to just keep stashing guns, or you could be ballsy, grab the nearest vehicle, take the nearest gun, and charge head long into the jaws of hell. Remember, it's all up to you!

Edited by ][Niipaa

That's cool, I understand it's "Early Build" so to speak. Infact it makes me want to get back into modding again heh. Anyway.

May I ask what happens when you actually die?

When you do eventually bite the proverbial dust, you will go into spectator mode as a butterfly. Hovering high above where you died, you will witness the miracle that is your body returning to life...As an Infected. Sadly, due to engine limitations and time constraints, we have yet to find an EFFECTIVE means, to give players who have died a chance to be a zombie. That doesn't mean we're not working on it however.

Thanks Garret, I appreciate it a lot!

As for the common concern of too much ammunition and too many weapons...it's a double edge sword there. I would rather give the players wwwayyy too much ammo and weapons in the beginning! Just imagine the amount of zombies you will killing, you are going to be thankful for every last bit of ammo in the end. Also, if you do not like it, go ahead and use the PboView that I popped into the download and remove some spawns yourself! I made it very simple for anyone to edit the mission! I did not use any long complicated script for spawning the vehicles so edit it up!

About the hosting and the FPS drop and "bringing my system to its knees":

This is not video lag. This is not your computers fault. If I were to remove everything and just leave the Undead Mod and ACE2 the mission still acts the same. Why? It's script lag. ArmA can only handle so many commands through the system at once and The Undead Mod by itself is massive. Every zombie that is running around has it's own script attached to it. And on top of that, you have ACE which is a massive addon! This lag is only for those who host and I can not fix it. I'm sorry!

Please also read Niipaa's post and look to him for further advice! Thank you!

Edited by Genesis92x

Hi I got in me bros car and I had to leave so I left and me bro confirmed I was still alive and AI took over but when he stopped he said the bloody AI got out now I will die probably hahaha :(

A Wild Genesis Appears! He uses Save The Day...It's super effective! Anyways, I hope you're still alive stk2008. You have my regards for your virtual zombie hunter.

thanks for the mission genesis i played the mission and i only can be a observer i cannot get in in the mission,

well when i am in spectator mode i see all entities and i can count like 60 in each town there is a lot of people in the map we need to put a maximun limit for each town

the server was 97thrr abd the server starts to lag

we need a limit in the zombies and the defence of the town to there is a lot of people

thanks for all genesis i dont play the mission but i like to much to spectate your work i like a lot but we need to limit somethings :)

ANYHOO! Moving on.

Yes fun mission, went and picked STK up, got back to the Airport we were all stationing at, to find out it had come under attack, then went off, found a barracks with a good 30 Zombies around it, got our friend killed me and me bro got bitten, and then he left, and now somewhere in Takistan is a Doctor with a heavy MG. :P

Yeah, I know, I'm terrible with wordplay. But! It's good to see support from the community, and I'm sure all the feedback will go to good use. I've been informed that Genesis may or may not be gone for most of the day. So I'll keep a lookout and try my best to help if anything should arise.

I cannot properly play or test this mission with SINGLE DIGIT framerate. perhaps a future optimization could be to despawn zombies outside a certain radius of active players? IDK...

Unless I can find a dedicated server playing this, I'm afraid this mission is just a nice thought and nothing else.

arma2oa2011022413413886.th.png

my computer, for reference

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1857288&postcount=6615

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1862475']I cannot properly play or test this mission with SINGLE DIGIT framerate. perhaps a future optimization could be to despawn zombies outside a certain radius of active players? IDK...

Unless I can find a dedicated server playing this' date=' I'm afraid this mission is just a nice thought and nothing else.

my computer, for reference

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1857288&postcount=6615[/url]

Were you running a self hosted server. As in, did you run a lan server from the same pc and play it? If so, there's your problem, as I, and another guy found out, and as Confirmed earlier, it's a no go. Regardless of how powerful your rig is, it will keel over.

Were you running a self hosted server. As in, did you run a lan server from the same pc and play it? If so, there's your problem, as I, and another guy found out, and as Confirmed earlier, it's a no go. Regardless of how powerful your rig is, it will keel over.

Thanks Jamie, this is true...sadly with ACE, The Undead Mod, and the other addons going on at the same time it will DESTROY the host. The lag is caused by ArmA's 3ms wait time for EVERY script. So imagine EVERY script for The Undead Mod (There's tons) and then imagine EVERY script running for ACE (even a lot more) then add up all those 3ms time's, you get lag.

How much is Ace needed? Could a "lite" version be made?

I know a few of the other mods out there with a ton of spawning use a sort of proximity trigger to only spawn what is needed. I wonder if something like that could be adapted here? Unfortunately I know nothing about scripting...

It looks nice!

In the meantime would anyone care to share some public dedicated server IPs running this? I'd love to try it.

Yeah MSO caches AI and then re spawns it when ya get close again.

Though performance still aint great in that tbh.

BIS need to optimize there game that's it tbh there is no two ways about it.

I can't play this mission

three dedis up with this mission. two are locked, one has different version of ACE2 than I do ( server using 1.8 stable, I use latest version)

NO SERVERS-> NO PLAY

We really need a lite version say with less zombies and stuff for crappy servers like mine hahaha.

Here is what I suggest (please take this as suggestions because I know F all about what you did here its amazes me this stuff and its over my head I just play).

1. selectable spawn amount so like cars,ammo and weapons can be RARE,MODERATE,LOADS OF.

2.Can select amount of zombies and other stuff that spawn so loads,enough or little.

tbh that`s it I was really liking this so far :)

I was just playing in on a hosted lan server. Worked fine for me. Besides Frame rates of around 20-25.

thanks for the mission genesis i played the mission and i only can be a observer i cannot get in in the mission,

well when i am in spectator mode i see all entities and i can count like 60 in each town there is a lot of people in the map we need to put a maximun limit for each town

the server was 97thrr abd the server starts to lag

we need a limit in the zombies and the defence of the town to there is a lot of people

thanks for all genesis i dont play the mission but i like to much to spectate your work i like a lot but we need to limit somethings :)

60 in each town!? Are you sure the mission didn't get edited in some way? Each town starts out with 1 civilian and 1 group of 4-5 militia. There are safe points that have BLUfor so there will be more there... You sure Kolmain didn't touch the mission?

-Ziggy-;1862511']I can't play this mission

three dedis up with this mission. two are locked' date=' one has different version of ACE2 than I do ( server using 1.8 stable, I use latest version)

NO SERVERS-> NO PLAY[/quote']

If you want Dirty Deeds, PM me with times you are free this weekend and I can host one up for you. A few of my buds and anyone else can join in.

I was just playing in on a hosted lan server. Worked fine for me. Besides Frame rates of around 20-25.

Ha yeah, Bobtom, we should get together again and get a game going! I can probably host a Degeneration this weekend. I am used to that 20-25 FPS rate so I can host no problem hehe.

We really need a lite version say with less zombies and stuff for crappy servers like mine hahaha.

Here is what I suggest (please take this as suggestions because I know F all about what you did here its amazes me this stuff and its over my head I just play).

1. selectable spawn amount so like cars,ammo and weapons can be RARE,MODERATE,LOADS OF.

2.Can select amount of zombies and other stuff that spawn so loads,enough or little.

tbh that`s it I was really liking this so far :)

Well, let me clear one thing up first.

1) At the mission start, there are only a few zombies. So the zombies themselves do not contribute to the lag

The lag comes from script lag. If you use PboView and remove all the items on the map, you would still get that lag. Undead Mod V.90 and ACE, along with the many triggers the mission has, causes script lag. Also, if you think the zombies are an issue do not be afraid to use the Debug Zombies option on the radio!

On another note, I like your idea for the selectable amount of vehicles and how rare they are...I will have to see how this can be implemented. (This will probably only reduce lag a little still, but a nice option for sure) For now use the PboView and go in and delete a few vehicles from the towns! I did not use any fancy scripts to generate the vehicles so even if you don't know mission making, you can do it.

The amount of zombies on the map at once can be controlled by the Debug Zombies command OR PboView into the mission and change the Infected Modules max amount of zombies. I set it to infinite (Because of the slow spawn rate), go ahead and change it to your liking. The infected module can be found at the southern airport!

And finally, thank you for replying. I know Degeneration noms people's servers and I apologize fully for that. I tried cutting down the script lag but with ArmA's built in 3ms wait time for every script...it's almost impossible. That's why I gave everyone a version of PboView so they can edit Degeneration to their liking!

Edited by Genesis92x

I was very excited when I read about this mission, more than any other mission released recently. As great as my excitement was, my disappointed was also great.

let me describe my experience

I hosted the mission via mp/new/lan. I started in a town and found a few soldiers to join me. I scavenged around and fill up a UN uaz. framerate around 20-25. no issues so far. Nuke goes off, fps 1 for a few seconds, then back up. I go to investigate the nuked city, but the closer i get to it the lower my framerate gets. I am down to 10-15 fps now and I make it to the airport and a 'safe zone, populated by armed soldiers. while exploring this safe zone base, I hear gun shots begin to sporadically break the silence. very soon its near constant gunfire. the zombies are coming.

Soon after, I am peaking at 9 fps, driving down a road, in the middle of nowhere, with no town or zombies in sight. try and shoot a moving zombie with < 9fps. it aint fun, I tell you. I can play with 20-25 fps, but not single digit framerate.

I easily spent 3 hours trying to give this mission a good playtest, with about 1 hour of hosting the mission, and another 2 hours trying to get the mission to load via me hosting with the arma2oaserver.exe.

I would still be interested in trying this on a dedicated server if I can find one, but there is no other way I am willing to play it at this time.

Weekends are my 'family time' and any games played in between family activities have to be done when free time presents itself, if any.

Evenings 'EST' are open for the most part.

Edit *

AH HAAA! i finally just now got my arma2oaserver.exe and configs running right so that the mission loads. I might be able to run this mission as intended after all!

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-