Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration V2.10 -Zombie Reign-

i am playing online qhit 2 guys more, and the zombies stop of spawn, in 30 mins of playing or someting like that :(

I am sure they only spawn when you get near towns etc.

So go to other towns and see if any more spawn.

I have this tested yet so cant be sure on this.

I hope not me MOD line is all ready massive :P unless of course it adds some kind of sex wee inducing feature then I wont mind.

i move to another town and the message aperar 0 zombies, we use the kill zombies comand and the zombies are killed of the map but when i move to a town the zombies dont respawn

we only see civis and soldiers in some towns

the mission is runing fine but hit 30 mins of playing the zombies dont respawn :(

i am playing online qhit 2 guys more, and the zombies stop of spawn, in 30 mins of playing or someting like that :(

The zombies spawns ;) Only the host can use the Zombie Count and Zombie Group command. If you Debug the zombies, try moving to town that has no marines or survivors. You will see them.

Also, be sure that the host is running the HOST version and the clients are using the CLIENT version. There is a reason why there are different versions!!!

-Ziggy-;1865112']is it just me or is this required now

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

by

Lester

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194

excerpt of arma2oaserver rpt

Missing addons detected:
 map_eu
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.map_eu

That is a part of ACE. It should have been included if you are running ACE' date=' but then again, that wouldn't be the first time that ACE's updater has messed up a lot of things before....You can find it easily on ArmAHolic and replace it!

i move to another town and the message aperar 0 zombies, we use the kill zombies comand and the zombies are killed of the map but when i move to a town the zombies dont respawn

we only see civis and soldiers in some towns

the mission is runing fine but hit 30 mins of playing the zombies dont respawn :(

As said before, the zombies do respawn. I have capped the zombie limit so they won't spawn after a certain limit. Also, zombies will not spawn in towns were marines or civilians are present! The Group Count and Zombie Count only works for the host as well.

Also, be sure that the host is running the HOST version and the clients are using the CLIENT version. There is a reason why there are different versions!!! If any client is running the host version it will cause errors. I played Degeneration with 3 other people and the zombies never stopped comin' ^_^ Killed over 200 of them.

Though, doesn't mean I missed something...If people keep posting about it, I will look into it, but I tested it before I released it this time.

Genesis92x I cant wait to test this version I may start to install it on me server in a minute as me mate should be online soon and me bro :)

Genesis92x I cant wait to test this version I may start to install it on me server in a minute as me mate should be online soon and me bro :)

Cool! I hope all goes well! You better be sure to bug them about having the client version and only the client version! I am very interested to see how it goes on a dedicated server... Thank you for trying!!!

Edit: I just want to re-post the link for Degeneration, I think some people are PMing and posting questions/concerns with the old Degeneration mission. So! Even if you think your Degeneration is up-to-date please re-download it from the OP or from this linky here! Thank you!

Edited by Genesis92x

Ah, I just downloaded the new version and it's not .PBO files? Where do I put these .SQS and .SQF etc files?

what do we do with all the files in DEGEN there is a lot of SQF files? I really dont want all them in me vanila arma folder it will look messy

EDIT

^HAHAHA grunt ^

what do we do with all the files in DEGEN there is a lot of SQF files? I really dont want all them in me vanila arma folder it will look messy

EDIT

^HAHAHA grunt ^

Ha, I thought it'd be easier to edit Degen if I did it that way. I reuploaded to just .pbo!

Is there a non-ace version of Degeneration, I do not want to go through the hap hazard of installing ACE again....

I could make one...I didn't want to have ACE originally because ACE is a pain to maintain and so much in ACE does not make any sense that infuriates mission makers. For a good example, play as the woodlander in Degeneration. Within a short distance your character is going unconcious because of jogging for 1 minute? Come on, I can jog a mile in eight minutes (which isn't that good anyways) without stopping. Not to mention a few of their "team" members are so rude and selfish it drives me up a wall. I could go on forever about it... but I won't.

In short, I will probably create a non-ACE version because I would not like to subject everyone that wants to play Degeneration to installing ACE.

Any servers running for the excellent mission at the moment? :D I'm craving to go zombie hunting with a group of other excellent individuals.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deathlord9006

Add me here sometime for a game, if you have steam. :P

I host quite frequently, I might PM you over steam about it ^_^

Got some news!

I just played with 2 other guys for about 2 hours or so. 2 of us got to the north base and the third came after the nuke went off on the chopper. Zombies were out in full force. :) It topped at like 385 or so. After the nuke the spawning stopped. We got together to head to feruz abad. One guy hit massive lag so the zombie debug was pressed. They continued to spawn. By this time almost all towns were infected. We headed to feruz abad and attempted to destroy the mine. Which I think is supposed to stop spawning? We destroyed the generator and the building next to it, but they kept spawning. So then we got together and drove down to the southern airfield and got the mission from the officer. On the way then spawning stopped, but restarted on entering a town. But stopped again after leaving it. We then went to landay where we saved Derek. Then we called it a night because they stopped spawning.

That's what happen, it was a blast.

This was latest version of the mission with host version used by me, the host.

Thanks

Bobtom

Ps written with iPad, sorry if errors are present

Got some news!

I just played with 2 other guys for about 2 hours or so. 2 of us got to the north base and the third came after the nuke went off on the chopper. Zombies were out in full force. :) It topped at like 385 or so. After the nuke the spawning stopped. We got together to head to feruz abad. One guy hit massive lag so the zombie debug was pressed. They continued to spawn. By this time almost all towns were infected. We headed to feruz abad and attempted to destroy the mine. Which I think is supposed to stop spawning? We destroyed the generator and the building next to it, but they kept spawning. So then we got together and drove down to the southern airfield and got the mission from the officer. On the way then spawning stopped, but restarted on entering a town. But stopped again after leaving it. We then went to landay where we saved Derek. Then we called it a night because they stopped spawning.

That's what happen, it was a blast.

This was latest version of the mission with host version used by me, the host.

Thanks

Bobtom

Ps written with iPad, sorry if errors are present

Ha, thanks Bobtom. Thank you for the report and bringing up the issue with the spawning. I had a script that was constantly looping that was reseting the spawning values to true. It was an old debug script that was forgotten about!

Haha, will reupload shortly. Thank you!

Anytime man!

One little request:

Could you take that Chinese gun out of your loot system? I don't think the PLA mod comes with ACE anymore, and the script error is kinda bugging me.

But, if you want to keep it (which is perfectly understandable of course, not trying to be pushy :o) then keep it, don't worry about me, I should probably redownload it anyway...

Have a good one!

bobtom

i was the another guy i am death when we go to the landay mission

the mititan soldier shot to my head and i was morphed to buterfly :(

i like a lot to play that the zombies like the left for deth zombies and

can kill you easy if you dont run

i dont know why all towns are in red code, when the towns was in red code at least 330 zombies are in the map

good job genesis i like a lot the mission :)

Anytime man!

One little request:

Could you take that Chinese gun out of your loot system? I don't think the PLA mod comes with ACE anymore, and the script error is kinda bugging me.

But, if you want to keep it (which is perfectly understandable of course, not trying to be pushy :o) then keep it, don't worry about me, I should probably redownload it anyway...

Have a good one!

bobtom

Well the one PLA weapon that is in there was a request on behalf a friend of mine. If you want it gone, don't be afraid to PBOView the mission and delete the script! I can help you there if you'd like.

Keep it in then for sure! Totally fine with me. I just thought other people would see it as an error on your part.

Keep it in then for sure! Totally fine with me. I just thought other people would see it as an error on your part.

Although I was sure ACE still had PLA. Maybe I'm wrong?

@ACE_PLA is not installed as STD but all ya have to do it highlight it and press add selected then it will install it.

We had a great time last night it runs better on a dedicated server but not a huge amount but thats becasue the server is crap tbh hahaha.

Its a single core but we did a test.

I hosted on my game pc so it was a dedi server and my mate connected we did not test for long but he said it ran great even though the server was still running at only 10fps at times he said there was no lag or stutter on his pc.

So I hope to get a better computer to run dedi server from.

Thanks

P.S

you said you will release another fixed version what will that fix again spawning if so will it make more zombies spawn? I hope not hahaha not till I get my better server :P

Edited by stk2008

I guess so, since it never automatically downloaded for me, I assumed it was removed.

So just ignore lil old me and move on with your thread. :)

@ACE_PLA is not installed as STD but all ya have to do it highlight it and press add selected then it will install it.

We had a great time last night it runs better on a dedicated server but not a huge amount but thats becasue the server is crap tbh hahaha.

Its a single core but we did a test.

I hosted on my game pc so it was a dedi server and my mate connected we did not test for long but he said it ran great even though the server was still running at only 10fps at times he said there was no lag or stutter on his pc.

So I hope to get a better computer to run dedi server from.

Thanks

P.S

you said you will release another fixed version what will that fix again spawning if so will it make more zombies spawn? I hope not hahaha not till I get my better server :P

That's good! And there are a lot of zombies until about ~30 minutes in. Once the nuke goes off the majority of them get killed and the zombies have to work their way back up into big numbers over time. The zombies do have a limit of spawning but in MP it seems the spawning just wants to "quit" after awhile. I'm trying to fix the zombies from dissapearing in MP! It works fine in SP...I hate MP sometimes.

I guess so, since it never automatically downloaded for me, I assumed it was removed.

So just ignore lil old me and move on with your thread. :)

Ha no worries man ^_^