Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration V2.10 -Zombie Reign-

:( also get: 'No player was selected'

Using Arma Launcher to start required mods. And freshly updated ACE

I got it to work but the map seems empty and I havent seen a zombie yet and I have passed by 3 towns. Is there any problem?

Eh, I seem to have a problem where it says 'Can't have over 144 groups' or something to that effect. Really odd in my opinion. Haha

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20040544/DegenerationV210.zip

Hey everyone! Sorry about this, I fixed a few mistakes...I don't know why but the zombies were not working correctly! This should fix that issue!

I also fixed up and cleaned a few scripts.

Side-note: You will not find zombies right away, some are randomly spawned but you have to look to code-red towns, there was a bug where the zombies would refuse to spread...so this should fix that.

Edit: This mission is off to a rocky start, I've made so many changes to it in attempt to get it to lag less for the host but nothing is working. And as a result, I broke the zombies -_- The latest mission should fix this though.

Eh, I seem to have a problem where it says 'Can't have over 144 groups' or something to that effect. Really odd in my opinion. Haha

Try the new version ;)

Edited by Genesis92x

I am running the mission using the arma2oaserver.exe and joining on that server, the performance difference from just hosting is night and day.

25-30 fps after the nuke and in a town filled with zombies. :yay:

*edit

lol ! my server just crashed :16_6_8:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

If I had enough interest and a decent public player count lined up as possibles, I could set it up on the HCI server for a night or weekend of zombie-bashing.

Anyone up for it? I'd need enough people to make it worth it, though, as the group itself is very inactive (Figure to put the server to good use.)

If I had enough interest and a decent public player count lined up as possibles, I could set it up on the HCI server for a night or weekend of zombie-bashing.

Anyone up for it? I'd need enough people to make it worth it, though, as the group itself is very inactive (Figure to put the server to good use.)

That would be very interesting to see! Ha, my mission is very demanding on a server though I'm afraid...I wonder how it would handle it?

Edited by Genesis92x

I'm have no idea, but we'll see I guess.

I'll have more info tomorrow (Well, technically today here, but still.) I expect, and hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow night.

Edit: And I just had an idea; Tie ACRE in with a few radios scattered around. Players could find a radio and try to get on the same frequencies as eachother, to make contact with other survivors. It's beat the hell out of being on a TS and all just hearing eachother fine.

Edited by Kirby

I'm have no idea, but we'll see I guess.

I'll have more info tomorrow (Well, technically today here, but still.) I expect, and hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow night.

Edit: And I just had an idea; Tie ACRE in with a few radios scattered around. Players could find a radio and try to get on the same frequencies as eachother, to make contact with other survivors. It's beat the hell out of being on a TS and all just hearing eachother fine.

That would be really nice! Hm... well the players already start out with no radios and you can find them in vehicles and the like. So it would be cool!

Edited by Genesis92x

:( also get: 'No player was selected'

Using Arma Launcher to start required mods. And freshly updated ACE

:blush: Apologies, that was 3am senility, now I can see that it is in fact a MP mission and not SP as it was displayed on the Armaholic.

I hope there will be a public server up somewhere as my PC can't really handle it.

Hi again this public server you may run tonight Kirby I would be interested :) and I know 2 others as well.

Kirby what time would the server be up? GMT.

EDIT

\/Grunt is one of the two I said would all so like to join :)\/

Edited by stk2008

Good! I will be updating Degeneration tonight, again! I'm happy to say that the issue with the zombies wanting to not spread has been mostly fixed and I also reduced the size of the mission -Hopeing to cut down on some useless lag. I want to thank everyone for reporting back to me with issues. It helps to get other players to play the mission because I have my play style and the mission fits it for me, but my play style is not like everyone elses!

The guy who deals with our server apparently didn't get my email yesterday and is having a hard drive issue with the server today of all days.

But no worries, I'll get it up ASAP. At least it'll give time for the update to be out, anyway.

I'll post when it's functional.

Great sounding mod, looks excellent. Would you mind linking the ACE 2 stuff please? I am having a horrible time trying to find anything on it.

Edit:

As it turns out, maybe using google instead of this site only would have helped. I feel like a complete idiot now. :P

Edited by Jello Snark
Solved delima

The guy who deals with our server apparently didn't get my email yesterday and is having a hard drive issue with the server today of all days.

But no worries, I'll get it up ASAP. At least it'll give time for the update to be out, anyway.

I'll post when it's functional.

Sounds great. (Both the new update and the server)

By the way, may I ask if there's a ping limit? Since my connection spikes sometimes due to sharing, I wouldn't want to get kicked by BEye while a horde is charging at me haha.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Could put that on the front page for those who need ACE. Easy to use, just select the ACE option at the side and hit run updater. It'll download everything needed.

Also, I'm putting a link to this thread on the HCI site if that's OK, so anyone who sees the server can then go to the site, as the server name will be HitCorp-Int.Co.Uk (For Addons/Info), then here, and download the needed v9.0 undead mod, etc.

Apparently we 'may have some progress' on fixing the server at the moment.

As for ping limit, I don't know if our tech set one. I doubt there is, though.

Edit: Server is fixed, just waiting on the mission and extra addons to be loaded on. ACE is already up so shouldn't take an extremely long time.

Edited by Kirby

Ok, server up.

name is HitCorp-Int.Co.Uk (For Addons/Info

(The last bracket is missing but, typos don't affect our gaming experiance!)

Running Degeneration 2.15. Let's see how it works. Hah.

Feel free to join, I'll keep it up at least over the weekend. Possibly longer.

Teamspeak is HitCorp-Int.Co.Uk:9987

Not loading mission for some reason - Working on it. I didn't set it up myself so, not sure on the problem.

Edit2: Ok, found the problem. The mission uses an old version of ACE apparently.

"its one of those old ace version missions

becuase ace delete addons that they dont need anymore" - Server guy.

I'll try to fiddle with it myself, briefly. But I don't know if I'll make it work.

Edit3: I think ACE JUST released an update. Might be the issue.

I'll unpbo it and re-export it.

Edited by Kirby

Hmm, strange. Me and Stk were there and it indeed wasn't loading from the mission voting screen.