Sign in to follow this  
-Total-

Sahrani Official Port To A2/OA?

I'm also voting for an OFFICIAL Arma 1 map addon for Arma 2 containing Sahrani, Rahmadi and Porto.

Maybe even as Sprocket download like BAF and PMC.

Official Sahrani DLC with updated island graphics and maybe RACS units would be great.

was just wondering...which version of Warfare have you been using on Sahrani?

BE Warfare - although for some reason it stopped working for me after BE 2.064 (doesnt init the towns right) or something. Southern Sahrani works fine with all versions of BE.

I /would/ buy an official DLC with the A1 islands !

BE Warfare - although for some reason it stopped working for me after BE 2.064 (doesnt init the towns right) or something. Southern Sahrani works fine with all versions of BE.

ah, ok thanks...been on the lookout for an LAN supported coop version of warfare that plays on saralite in arma2...there's none out there after all this time though unfortunately! (ive tried BE but it doesnt have any base defenses and it requires a dedi to run correctly)

Honestly with Icebreakr around, and wld finishing up project racs, and the SLA mod out, I don't think BIS needs to focus on porting arma 1 stuff. They should focus on the AI and new maps (something a little more imaginative than proving grounds).

Well, its true - you can always use CAA1 to see Sahrani in-game, but the size is considerable. One of biggest faults of A2 is the missing A1 content. That would unite far more players, even the game would be then on 2 DVDs.

Sahrani conversion could be done quickly, but then again we have no source files to make any alterations. Therefor you need a substantial addon that has all the objects Sahrani uses. Properly configured. And when you do that, you see that you have a CAA1 Lite :)

I think it's a better way to make new islands now and make it somewhat similiar to Sahrani. Of course we all love and miss the place we've been visiting for years ;)

Why not making an official Arma2 extension like Arrowhead was, with all official maps from Arma1 and Queens Gambit, where the developpers fix all the problem with roads and buildings and update some Racs 'resistance' soldiers.

Shouldn't be so much work to "upgrade" these maps and maybe ppl will prefer to buy this instead of BAF/PMC content even at 30€?

will be good to see BIS included other islands in next update.

There is also guys who create island think about about narrow places where ais stack.Normally bridges cause a lot of troubles.

I would love to get all arma1 + QG islands in a DLC. It shouldnt be much of a problem for BIS to update them to work in arma2 as they have the source files or what?

Miss Sahrani.