Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

huge fan of what you guys are doing, please dont stop work on this mod, and if you guys ever needed another texture artist, I could definitely help you out, contact me if you would like.

Hi, i've looked for a download everywhere. Is there a stable release of this Mod yet, or is it still WIP?

Cheers!

Hi, i've looked for a download everywhere. Is there a stable release of this Mod yet, or is it still WIP?

Cheers!

ARMA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION

This forum is for discussing addons or mods that are currently work in progress, as well as for discussing ideas or requests for addons.

As soon as content is released even if Alpha state, the thread should then be moved to A&M:Complete (PM a moderator with the link).

So, since it is not in the complete section it is safe to assume its not released yet.

If you guys add a B-29, I might flip out more than the Double Rainbow guy.

If so.... may we see you on youtube when you flip out?

:bounce3:

If so.... may we see you on youtube when you flip out?

:bounce3:

Possibly...but I might break the camera....

EDIT: Wait, so you did add it?.....

Edited by commanderjbug

Nope, it just reminds me ol' OFP Pacific thingies, and Black sheep TV series :)

Coincidently Black Sheep is currently airing again whre I am SE Australia, late Sat night.

Looking forward to this seeing this mod.

It seems some talent guy has released a Japanese 97 tank. Looks very nice. But there is no soldier and crew. It's a pity. But if this tank could be combined with your mod...

It seems some talent guy has released a Japanese 97 tank. Looks very nice. But there is no soldier and crew. It's a pity. But if this tank could be combined with your mod...

He also release a Japanese Zero, an F4U Corsair, and a Shinden, not to mention the tank. Whoever he is, he's good. The only problem with his planes is that whenever you pull up, the elevators move the wrong way, the same is also true with the rudders, it's like this on all of his planes.

Is this mod going to work well with the AI ? I also wonder of there are any future plans for ArmA 3 ? (yeah, I know the mod has not been released yet for the current ArmA but it's nice to dream, eh?). Looks like ArmA 3 will have a much greater capability for ocean simulation with possibly proper waves (a'la Crysis-like) and ocean ship physics, walking on decks and ability to attach vehicles to ships, as well as planet curvature simulation; ships disappearing/appearing over the horizon. The small scale (ish) infantry CQB is great to have but in my opinion the ArmA/VBS2 engine really shines when simulating large scale operations. Naval battles ? After all the Pacific is big !

Is this mod going to work well with the AI ? I also wonder of there are any future plans for ArmA 3 ? (yeah, I know the mod has not been released yet for the current ArmA but it's nice to dream, eh?). Looks like ArmA 3 will have a much greater capability for ocean simulation with possibly proper waves (a'la Crysis-like) and ocean ship physics, walking on decks and ability to attach vehicles to ships, as well as planet curvature simulation; ships disappearing/appearing over the horizon. The small scale (ish) infantry CQB is great to have but in my opinion the ArmA/VBS2 engine really shines when simulating large scale operations. Naval battles ? After all the Pacific is big !

All I can say is yes we have future plans for ArmA 3 with our mod.

:yay:

Waterhiro or "neoko2000" has released an updated version of his Corsair and added some Zero :

Neo Pacific War (v FinalFix+)

He has also released a IJA Type 97 Chi-Ha infantry tank :

IJA Type 97 Chi-Ha (v Ver Final)

I think it can be great if somebody from the Mod can get in touch with him :cool:

Edit : With IJA Type 97 Chi-Ha new updated version, neoko2000 has released 2 Imperial Japan units.

Edited by Old Bear

......... how is it that 2 very .... low poly ..... planes can be a 90MB download !!!???

No offense but the aircraft did not look too good. Both the same aircraft models and textures that rvmat require much more work. :)

Seems like hes in it for quantity over quality eh? Also i cant wait for this mod always loved WW2!

3 AWESOME 3d plane makers talking there...why won't you help us making some airplane model, please? :cool:

About the neoko's work as vector sed looks like he prefer the quantity over the quality...and looks like he is using reference photos for make the textures...I don't like that.

Just had another idea and this can be done in the current ArmA release. Has anyone played Warfare BE ? It could be used as a basis for a WW2 version of Warfare (with Benny's permission). It means replacing all the units, vehicles and equipment with WW2 versions. Some of the upgrade tree would have to be changed for the historical setting (no heli's, etc). UAV could be a spotter plane. Paratroopers could fit in - don't know if they were used in the Pacific, maybe on some of the mainland or large island battles. Resistance could be local resistance fighting against Japanese or Germans (if not for this mod then for other mods or just by collecting all the vehicle and unit addon's out there). I guess that it could be re-scripted to have Resistance spotting for allies or at least not attacking them (Resistance in towns attack both sides in vanilla Warfare BE). BE can also have side missions like rescueing crashed pilots. Altogether that could bring a dynamic experience to WW2 game play along with an economy, supplies and an upgrade tree. It could possibly be played on the existing island maps (Duala, Lingor, etc) with the modern features stripped out (street lights, radio towers ... ). A bit like preparing a film set for a historical scene.

I like warfare! and we will have also a perfect map for that, Guadalcanal , which is huge but will came in the second release of the mod...Probably we will implement warfare there :)

Hmmm :icon_razz:. Guadalcanal is 5,302 km2 , at least the real one is. I don't know about yours. That would be enough for small scale Warfare (check out Warfare BE BTW if you have never played it, its quite different and more advanced than the Warfare that Bohemia provide). But then it came to me in a flash ! It would seem to me that much more in the spirit of HIP would be to have not the usual Warfare towns that need to be defended/captured, but islands. Then the dynamic would be one of beach landings onto defended islands. So the usual Warefare perimiter town defences would become the island shore defence MG's and artillery pieces.

Then the dynamic would be one of beach landings onto defended islands. So the usual Warefare perimiter town defences would become the island shore defence MG's and artillery pieces.

I promise you our guadalcanal is HUGE. But the accually historical battle where in smaller parts of the island.

Well building the island together with a Warefare mission sound good. With US start out at sea and need to get a foothold first.

---------- Post added at 02:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

Somthing for making mission for Guadalcanal:

w57F9r9mh1I

battle of bloody ridge guadalcanal can be a nasty and Intressting epic mission ;)

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Can't wait to beat those Jap ghosts in the game! My US marine can't wait!! Nice models!