Sign in to follow this  
abs

Star Trek Addons

Now if Bushlurker would only do Talos IV

Hmmm.... Talos IV.....

Stellar Cartography's most recent image...

Talos_IV_surface.jpg

... indicates unconvincing "Takistan-style" rocks, pink/beige playsand ground surface, a doomy green-tinted sky and orange crepe-paper flowers...

Despite the fact that holodeck technology won't actually be available until the 2370's, the boys in engineering reckon they can have a convincing mockup available by Stardate 65552.4

B

:D I love you guys.

Abs

Ha ha! :)

Too bad my Stardate/normal date converter broke :P

Now, wondering how you'll handle Talos being a binary system....

So, I thought I'd post this minor update. It's my first attempt at modelling Vulcan ears. Not quite sure how I feel about them, as this is my first time modelling something bio"logical". (Sorry for the cheesy pun!) Critiques welcome...about the model, and not my jokes. ;)

397479_329550833731921_470833671_a.jpg 400851_329550847065253_160451707308502_1083096_200974297_a.jpg

Abs

So, I thought I'd post this minor update. It's my first attempt at modelling Vulcan ears. Not quite sure how I feel about them, as this is my first time modelling something bio"logical". (Sorry for the cheesy pun!) Critiques welcome...about the model, and not my jokes. ;)

IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397479_329550833731921_470833671_a.jpg[/img] IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/400851_329550847065253_160451707308502_1083096_200 974297_a.jpg[/img]

Abs

Fascinating...

Edited by Max Power

[FRL]Myke

Please do not quote images.

+1 warning.

§14) Remove tags when quoting a post containing an image or embedded video

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag or the whole image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking. If the post contains an embedded video such as YouTube you should remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote.

So, I've modified the ears ever so slightly, and started working on what will become the first Vulcan face texture for the mod. Expect a full head of hair soon. ;)

402594_330870696933268_160451707308502_1086389_1099729691_a.jpg 401327_330870716933266_160451707308502_1086390_738421981_a.jpg

Images rendered in 3DS Max.

Abs

Awesome work Abs. One question though, pertaining to Star Fleet ships. Will any of the ships be able to allow players to walk around in them? Obviously, modelling even the 1701 C would take ages, not to mention computer and game resources. But, say from the transporter room to the bridge in a simulated "elevator" ride. Or from the shuttle bay to the bridge, etc, etc?

Arma's engine may not allow for this, but if you limit the player's ability to walk around and view only cargo lods, or something of the sort, it might allow you to walk around without being a resource hog. I have it imagined in my head, but that doesn't necessarily mean Arma will allow it.

Awesome work Abs. One question though, pertaining to Star Fleet ships. Will any of the ships be able to allow players to walk around in them? ...

Hi Raptor 6 Actual,

Thanks for the kind words and your support. :)

The current plan is to have each ship include a bridge as the cargo/pilot LOD, and include a walkable 'set' so that you can look at the bridge and also create cutscenes. Once I do get these first addons released, I plan on creating a series of episodes and the story will determine what I build from there. I won't be building anything that isn't required by the plot.

Abs

Edited by Abs

Thanks Mr. Charles.

Tiny update: Just finished working on the chairs for the bridge crew. Man, they were a pain in the rear end to build. Anyway, here they are. I did use a the TOS Bridge available at The STMC by Sean Robertson as a guide. His chairs were well over 6000 polies, and I was able to bring it down to 1/10th the count.

430174_351453101541694_160451707308502_1141033_1532011061_n.jpg

Abs

Looking good. Have you already had any thoughs on how blinking console lights or the red alert light would work here? Is something like this even possible to achieve in this game engine? I'm used to bridge interiors of Star Trek: Bridge Commander where this is achieved by swapable maps (one console uses 3 to 5 textures).

KfXIG5Cb5q0

PS: I still do like 'The Cage' better

I think you can do it as a script in a mission using setobjecttexture and hiddenselections and hiddenselectionstextures.

At this stage I'm going to have to defer to the knowledge of those with more expertise. I plan on having two bridge objects. One of them will be the cockpit of the ship, where everyone will be seated in their respective pilot/copilot/cargo positions. This will have less functionality. The second one will be configured as a building, allowing for people to walk around in it, and to be used for cutscenes. If Max says that it can be done via script, then I'm sure he's right...I'm thinking it's no different than the MFDs used in the regular planes today, specifically it can be similar to Rock's boot up sequence that I've seen when you turn on the engine.

What I'm unsure of yet is how to fake a commander for the ship. I don't know anything about user actions, therefore I'm hoping that I can use those for a few scripted commands such as 'Red alert', and 'Shields up'. Again, these are a long way away. :)

Abs

A bit more progress. Added the monitors above the stations and textured them preliminarily. Also mapped the consoles to make modelling them easier. Work is slow but steady! :)

405789_352045654815772_160451707308502_1142351_496805277_n.jpg

Abs

Another screen for y'all. Work has me busy, but getting the Type 3 Phaser Rifle in-game didn't take too much effort. Please note that the custom hand anims will be fixed...I just got sick and tired of tweaking, launching the game, and tweaking the anims over and over again for now.

555679_374538452566492_160451707308502_1207399_1889525843_a.jpg

Abs

Please note that the custom hand anims will be fixed...I just got sick and tired of tweaking, launching the game, and tweaking the anims over and over again for now.

Copy the 'Weapon' proxy from a character model and paste it into the skeleton, redefine it as part of the 'weapon' selection in the skeleton (then select and ctrl+H to hide the M16 model part of the selection if you want it out of the way), direct the proxy towards your weapon model and import your handanim .rtm. You should then be able to use your weapon model as a reference point directly in O2/Buldozer while making the animation, so long as you make sure you don't have 'Hide Proxies' checked in 'View\Viewers\Buldozer', you can also select the proxy and check 'View\Show Proxy Objects' to show it in the O2 projection windows.

Should help make the process much faster. ;)

Before you export the animation I'd delete the proxy from the skeleton and 'right-click\delete empty' on the selections window to get rid of any 'rogue' selections that might have been introduced by adding the proxy; just to avoid any possible errors.

Looks cracking mate. And as an unashamed sci-fi fan, looking forward to release.

Will the captain have some kind of "special" script to interact with any and all females? lol

Thanks, da12th. :) I'll have to give it a shot this weekend when I have a bit o' free time.

Tankieboy2: I think that feature may be available in multiplayer and be based on your charm. Note: A recent demographic survey of the Internet has found that it is 70% male and 30% males pretending to be female. ;)

All (bad) joking aside, I've got a question for you folks. Would you guys prefer the addons as a set (eg: infantry and their weapons in the first stage, a couple of vehicles in the next, etc), or that they are released as they are done (eg: a weapons pack, but no infantry)?

I only ask because my time has become rather limited lately, and I don't necessarily like sitting on the more completed addons.

Abs

Gotta say, love that bridge, the chairs may have been a pain to build but the end result they look terrific, nice and smooth yet so sharp.

As per the question, I'd wait to have infantry with the weapons, afterall you have the weapons but it wouldn't feel quite the same without the uniforms.

Agree with NodUnit here. Let's wait patiently for things to be released in a proper context. ;)

Yeah I agree. As "logical" sets is a good way to put it ;)

Hahah...alright, 'logical' sets it is. :) Thanks for the feedback, gents.

Abs