Sign in to follow this  
-Luc-

Idea for new DLC

Hi,

Why not a North Korea DLC.

Easy to do and very interesting...

Reskin few hardware we already have:

T-55, ZSU-23-4, BTR-60, BTR-40, BM-21, D-30, SPG-9 and ZU-23-2.

So, we have here 1 MBT, 1 SPAA, 1 APC, 1 AC, 1 SPRL, 1 FG, 1 RG and 1 AA.

Add 1 AFV (BMP-1) and we have everything we need on the ground.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/kpa-equipment.htm

We also have:

SU-25, AN-2, MI-24, MI-8

Again, we have here 1 CAS and 1 transport plane/helicopter.

Add 1 fighter (MIG-23/29) and we have all what we need in the sky.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/air-force-equipment.htm

After that, few soldiers and a nice medium map.

Against them already have US army/marines.

A good campaign (maybe on OPFOR side?) and BIS have a very good potential DLC. :)

Thank you!

-Luc-

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Oh yeah! I forgot!

Russian could be involve in the campaign...

Why not UNO tchernorusian too?

We already have a lot of nice things we can use, that game is fantastic!

We just need some kind of standatization of what we have.

My opinion and hope!

Thank you again,

-Luc-

We have a BLUFOR and an INDFOR DLC, we do need an OPFOR but I would prefer a PLA one

Edited by ArmAriffic

+1 on PLA. Proprietary military hardware will add new lives to OPFOR rather than all the new reskins.

Hi,

The point here is: How BIS can sell us something great?

We already have a lot of great things we unfortunately don't use often.

So why don't use them, and with few little thigns, make something new and interesting?

In addition, some gap could be filled (OPFOR fighter) if they are availaible in many camos (NK,RU,TCH,TAK...). ;)

PLA DLC could be a good idea too but, it could take a lot of BIS time and resources...

Standartization and utilization of what we alreday have is the solution I think...

-Luc-

I would like Bundeswehr in a dlc,they make their own hardware(most of it) and it will bring a fresh change instead of another faction with cold era equipment reskinned 20 times(PLA also sounds good and own gear it's a plus).

I would also like to see Chernarus expanded to include Novigrad.

Hi,

Cold War weapons were produced in large quantities and many still use them now...

and

NATO fight again CW weapon holder usually.

Why not use what we have and get what is missing?

With NKA DLC using what we already have and including new content (OPFOR figther, Missile boat) usable with other factions (Camo), BIS could create a synergy and make that game very good for many years as OFP. A good DLC for me, should use what we already have and give me something new and I should be able to use it with what I already have. BAF is very good for that, PMC not... It's a matter of what BIS could spend and get... and what we want too.

Exemple: NK navy use many small boats:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/ship.htm

If we get a OSA I Class missile boat in a NK DLC, we could use it on Tchernorusian map too.

Samething with MIG-21/23/29...

No fighter or military boat for OPFOR... this is not normal! :confused:

Thank you!

-Luc

I do agree that we need more opfor rather than blufor. I probably spend more time looking at the stuff I am shooting at than the stuff on my side anyways.

But even if ex-Warsaw Pact hardware is the most common in the world, I don't think we need yet another faction rehashed from the same old AK variants, T-72's, BMPs, Hinds, etc...it'll just be more of the same except with different skin.

Thats why I think PLA would be a good choice for the next new faction, whether independent or opfor, since that would comprise of a whole different set of military hardware, whether to ride in or to shoot at, which actually adds something new to Armaverse rather than more reskinning.

But if BIS were to do this, it should be a faction as complete as the U.S. or Russia (not like BAF), in which case I don't think it'll fit in a DLC. It would have to be its own expansion, or perhaps a DLC bigger than the $10 one.

And yes, an opfor perspective campaign (whichever faction they decide on) would be fresh as well. It takes some balls to go against the pc grain, and plus what could be more challenging than fighting against blufor?

I would like Bundeswehr in a dlc,they make their own hardware(most of it) and it will bring a fresh change instead of another faction with cold era equipment reskinned 20 times(PLA also sounds good and own gear it's a plus).

I would also like to see Chernarus expanded to include Novigrad.

Oh, yes ! A complete Bundeswehr DLC with Leopard2, Marder, Wiesel, Panzerfaust3, Bo 105, Eurofighter, etc.

Those suggesting Bundeswehr or PLA would be better off posting in a Idea for new Expansion thread, they are not realistic propositions for a DLC given the amount of entirely new content required. As the OP has suggested, the only way to get a near-complete faction as DLC is to predominantly re-texture existing assets and I agree, North Korea would be a perfect candidate.

Hi,

Those suggesting Bundeswehr or PLA would be better off posting in a Idea for new Expansion thread, they are not realistic propositions for a DLC given the amount of entirely new content required. As the OP has suggested, the only way to get a near-complete faction as DLC is to predominantly re-texture existing assets and I agree, North Korea would be a perfect candidate.

That's it... you understand me perfectly...

About the campaign:

Part 1:

You are a NK soldier of the regular army; things go wrong.

NATO/US air superiority destroy the NK army.

NK change strategy.

Part 2:

You are involve in the guerilla war.

You gain control of some cities and villages.

NK population want changes you get less support from them.

Part 3:

You undersatnd that war not good.

The NK power fall.

NK become a social democratic country... ;)

So, you have here something different and great you can sell that in USA... :)

The new content, available for other faction (Camo) can be use to create new mission too.

Merry christmas!

-Luc-

i wonder if people who write here (and not only here) ever noticed BW MOD for example (Marder, Wiesel, Leopard 2A6)

seems like over half of requests on this forum is already released by addonmakers

Part 3:

You undersatnd that war not good.

The NK power fall.

NK become a social democratic country... ;)

erh...why so called "good" should always prevail ? if they were to make such a DLC/expansion I hope BIS will allow us to win as OPFOR. Kinda tired of same ol "fight for freedom" blablabla, lol even in the real world everyone knows it's BS so please no stupid propaganda in ArmA.

If I play as a North Korean caracter want to be able to win and expand the power of my venerable leader through the entire Korea.

If I play as a PLA I'd like to smash the western countries ( ok China is friendly now, but soon or late the monster will wake up and who knows what will happen)

Edited by Macadam Cow

i wonder if people who write here (and not only here) ever noticed BW MOD for example (Marder, Wiesel, Leopard 2A6)

seems like over half of requests on this forum is already released by addonmakers

Seems that in order for people to notice this there'd need to be a sticky saying, "THESE ARE THE FACTIONS ALREADY AVAILABLE, DO NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD BEFORE READING THIS!!" :p

Although BW Mod is high quality it's far from complete,besides it's quite dead.

Or maybe you think if we have an Leopard and an Marder that's it BW complete.

Having Bundeswehr in an dlc doesn't mean they have to make the same vehicles again,they could make some brand new hardware like an Puma,Eagle or GTK Boxer.Or add the Fenek(which wasn't in A2 BW Mod).

Going by your logic BI shouldn't had bothered with BAF because we already had Challenger 2 and Jackals.

The older BWMOD (If I'm remembering this correctly) for OFP had a lot of content. The one in ArmA 2 is pretty incomplete and dead. I don't mind if they start it back up and finish it though. That'd be great.

Hi,

erh...why so called "good" should always prevail ? if they were to make such a DLC/expansion I hope BIS will allow us to win as OPFOR. Kinda tired of same ol "fight for freedom" blablabla, lol even in the real world everyone knows it's BS so please no stupid propaganda in ArmA.

If I play as a North Korean caracter want to be able to win and expand the power of my venerable leader through the entire Korea.

If I play as a PLA I'd like to smash the western countries ( ok China is friendly now, but soon or late the monster will wake up and who knows what will happen)

It was just a sugestion...

About BW, it could be a nice and easy DLC too.

We already have things that could be enhanced and enlarge, as for the BAF.

Samething for ACR...

But again, BIS can reuse a lot of things, add few more, and present us a very good OPFOR DLC.

That's what I think we need now...

Thank you,

-Luc-

I think the best place for a new combat would probably be saudi arabia.

Not joking either, with that place having one of the worlds largest/dense oil reserves, Would be 'intresting'

COUNTER DRUG OPERATIONS - DLC pack. This pack would show us the highly secretive and sensitive world of the U.S. conducting direct action against cartels. A little "Clear and Present Danger" (CAPD) action.

The DLC would have new light jungle warfare operators (classic BDU's all sterile.) It would have cartel thug characters and Mexican and South American locals. Then add in a few Mexican Army and Police.

The pack would have two maps, one small Mexican border town, style map. Lots of alleys and market type areas. Some tourist shopping markets. A donkeyshow locale would be optional. Another larger map with mountainous jungle and coastline. This would have a medium size city on the coast and a couple smaller towns in the mountains.

To accompany the maps would be two modules. The first module made for the border town, would produce mexican locals and Cartel thugs that inhabit the map. The Cartel thugs randomly select locals to execute or kidnap. They also conduct (acted) deals. BIS would have to expand on the U.S.'s alleged secret part working with Mexican Army and Police to curb violence.

The second module would produce a new string of SecOps. Maybe a cartel airfield with transport airplane (like CAPD) as a target. Maybe one or two types of drug processing plants (underground, like CAPD) and above ground. The module could also randomly spawn coca and pot fields scheduled for demolition. This module would also have to spawn Cartel search parties to increase pressure on the U.S's team.

Primarily these missions spawned or scripted by BIS would have to center around conducting lengthy and unsupported operations with out being caught. Infil and Exfil without any breach of ROE and return with all soldiers. (That would mean adding a carry and load dead body onto transports.) Also night time only insertions and extractions by helo!

Also a working Carrier (moving, walkable and deployable from) or small bordering BLUFOR friendly country to deploy from would have to accompany the big (most desirable) map.

Thanks for listening, love Arma2 and all the wholesome goodness that goes with it. Please NEVER 'Ubisoft' or 'EA' this game. To the Arma Community who makes those awesome mods. Thank you!.... To BIS Thanks for Arma!

before they send out new dlcs they really need to improve the skeleton/animations and a lot of the gameplay mechanics. i just can't see drug lords getting out of vehicles all wonky like then doing 5 circles around the car before coming to and going wherever the script or waypoint takes him. these things need to be improved first.

before they send out new dlcs they really need to improve the skeleton/animations and a lot of the gameplay mechanics. i just can't see drug lords getting out of vehicles all wonky like then doing 5 circles around the car before coming to and going wherever the script or waypoint takes him. these things need to be improved first.

Ditto. You're right there. It would add that extra bit of polish that some missions lack compared to mainstream games, however in the scope of things I can forgive it :).

Hi,

All ideas are good but... we cant ''recreate the wheel'' in a DLC.

BIS could add few things (FILL THE GAPS) and use what they already have as I said.

Why not an ''Angola war'' type conflict?

Small african map;

Local communist governement (Angola) - (BTR-40, BTR-152, T-34/85...;

Small communist expeditionary corp (Cuba) - (BRDM-2, BTR-60, BMP-1/2, T-55, MIG-23...);

Small capitalist governement - (M706, M113, M48/60 UH-1...);

A good campaign under the sun...

1 new OPFOR, 1 new IND, 1 new BLUFOR, 1 new map and campaign.

So we have new things we need and reuse what we have! :)

Good, cheap and fast realized!

Sound like a good receipe!

Thank you!

-Luc-