Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

ToraBora "Sandbox Edition"

NTRUDER;1830881']I placed a US outpost on your excellent map in my latest mission The Ridge. It took a looong time to find the spot though :)

Great great map Chill' date=' thanks a lot!

/ ']NTRUDER

Tnx for prepping a mission on this map. Our missions are always created on the fly, we never play orginal or user missions, however i'm very curious to see what you "cooked" here for us. Need to check that out :)

---

So far i didnt planned it to have one nor two airfields or big bases, just a FOB and possibly a couple of COP's. The map was intended to be remote and barren and an army vs insurgency kinda thing, without a specific gametype in mind.

However that doesnt mean i will not consider specific changes for certain game types. I never played Domination, please tell me what it is and what would be the bare minimum that needs to be done / added to play it on this map?

Hey Chill_xl first of all,

THX for this AWESOME Map i really like it.

Found a little Bug in Gharunta, ther is a rock inside a House:cool:

arma2oa2011011015301121.th.jpg

Edit: i have Torabora version 1.5

Edited by Fogu

Tnx, its been entirely my pleasure to make and provide it :)

Also tnx for the bug report, i think there might be a few of these around, i just found a house in Skandahar where the ground comes through at one side and it floats a teeny weeny bit on the other side. Will fix these in the next update!

This island wouldn't work with those "standard" game modes that rely on capturing towns anyway. But I can see some other awesome missions taking place on it. My only problem is that for some reason Zeus AI doesn't seem to make them take cover behind rocks, which is odd since they can take cover behind a lot of other objects in an impressive fashion. But I guess this should go in the Zeus AI thread anyway.

Still trying to think of an interesting realistic PvP mission that can be made here.

I set up missions pretty often at 6th sense for our sunday eve's, mainly coop but sometimes a pvp element in it. For this map i can think of some missions in the blufor vs insurgent theme. It needs some ballancing towards the insurgents becuase of lack of tech and firepower.

This could be done in terms of uneven teams, like a small high tech sf vs big group of low tech insurgents:

Precious cargo recovery

Where the SF guys have night vision and need to assault, the insurgents have just the (full) moon light but the advantage of the defence, drop in some fog lower the engagement range to ballance the low tech / poor vis of the insurgents. Insurgents have taken down a blackhawk and got their hands on several very powerfull missiles. A small SF force is send to retrieve or destroy this precious cargo.

Or real guerilla style where the insurgents "harrass" the blufor team while blufor tries to reach a target within a certain time, here the insurgents can hit & run and try to slow down the blufor without the full fight. Or blufor needs to protect / defend multiple objectives for a specfic time while the insurgents can focus on a specific or multiple targets.

Anyway, just some quick thoughts, maybe it gives you an idea :)

Edit: Or if you have enough players, replay operation Anaconda or something like that. Drop a big team of insurgents on the big mountain and let them dig in (some nests etc here and there) and have the Blufor team assault the mountain and push them off the map.

Edited by Chill xl

This island wouldn't work with those "standard" game modes that rely on capturing towns anyway.

Actually, it does! I'm playing around with porting warfare to it and Making the mountains the "sweet spots" for income. Just makes team work and / or squad composition much more important. Tanks definitely have little use attacking the mountains!

This island wouldn't work with those "standard" game modes that rely on capturing towns anyway. But I can see some other awesome missions taking place on it. My only problem is that for some reason Zeus AI doesn't seem to make them take cover behind rocks, which is odd since they can take cover behind a lot of other objects in an impressive fashion. But I guess this should go in the Zeus AI thread anyway.

Still trying to think of an interesting realistic PvP mission that can be made here.

Should do, on our lingor domi setup on the server we have a few mains that are In the middle of bollock nowhere, it's a fresh change to the fighting

Awesome work and thank you. Yesterday I tried the first official mission CO10 The Ridge, and I was excited. Now I'm looking for space for the FOB Restrepo, similar to reality Korengal Valley.

check out

Would you recommend me the coordinates where it was the best FOB or you edited the map square kilometer, was similar to the position Restrepo?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a1FD6N8h68c/TCqOZO7BUgI/AAAAAAAABfM/IJLI7DIKhiM/s1600/415_korengal_valley.jpg

http://www.captainsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/korengal_adam_ferguson.jpg

Thanks for your work and sorry for my english

Not sure where the mission maker (Intruder) created the base, from what i've seen in the video it looks very good! Since it takes place around the ridge in the North East i guess it must be somewhere near Jool Hul or Garuntha. Maybe Intruder could tell us more?

Not sure where the mission maker (Intruder) created the base, from what i've seen in the video it looks very good! Since it takes place around the ridge in the North East i guess it must be somewhere near Jool Hul or Garuntha. Maybe Intruder could tell us more?

Screenshots

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/Ngsw/arma2oa2011-01-1123-48-36-92.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/Ngsw/arma2oa2011-01-1123-48-46-42.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/Ngsw/arma2oa2011-01-1123-49-25-56.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/Ngsw/arma2oa2011-01-1123-52-23-28.jpg

Edited by Nagasawa

Awesome work and thank you. Yesterday I tried the first official mission CO10 The Ridge, and I was excited. Now I'm looking for space for the FOB Restrepo, similar to reality Korengal Valley.

check out

Would you recommend me the coordinates where it was the best FOB or you edited the map square kilometer, was similar to the position Restrepo?

Wow I really liked your video. Very cinematic. What mods were you using? I checked the video description but didn't spot anything. It really encouraged me to try out The Ridge mission. I'm really pleased that this map is starting to receive the attention from mission makers it deserves.

Wow I really liked your video. Very cinematic. What mods were you using? I checked the video description but didn't spot anything. It really encouraged me to try out The Ridge mission. I'm really pleased that this map is starting to receive the attention from mission makers it deserves.

Thanks mate, video was recorded and edited very quickly. You're right, I have to fix description. The map is really GREAT and I look forward to it will be created for more missions (specifically based on real scenarios from Tora Bora and Korengall Valley) The Ridge is intensive, u can use black hawks, little birds and mortar...

These are modifications that I have used:

ACE - complete pack

JSRS - sound mod

VFAI - better ai

Blastcore - fantastic warfx particles, tracers, explosions.

DAC - for artillery support (copperhead explosions were seen in the video)

I propably missunderstood your intitial question, maybe you asked me where i placed that outpost as seen in the video? The outpost was located north east of Jool Hul on peak 2345. Between some rocks and trees is some "flattish" ground, it also has a nice overview on the town and its surroundings.

I have some videos of a Coop mission in this great map!

iXYs6ydKmqI

osBIVJRzLjE

Looks to me like a cave yo. Jizzin' lighting effects as well.

That looks fucking epic.

I just need to ask you chill, how did you make this map so damn awesome!? :D

It's easily the best map made since ArmA 2 came out. Better than Taki too. Can't wait to see what you make next. :)

Hehe, tnx

How i made the map... a bit of oozy woozy i guess :D

I think though that the map is a love or hate kinda thing, as its on an "extreme" end of the map spectrum. I always missed real mountains, remote and rugged. Thats what i wanted to create, not a map that has a bit of everything but is dedicated to a specific terrain. It seems a few others where missing this aswell, but i assume a far bigger group isn't appealed at all by it.

I wanted to see if i could get some form of caves on the map. and i think it came out pretty decent. It ain't a cave like we saw in Oblivion though :D

Unfortunally, the game engine applies light indoors the same as outdoors, making the inside of the cave rather bright in daylight. I would have like to see the caves being dark and moisterious :D The caves look best midnight, especially with a nice camping fire as you can see on the pic.

Edited by Chill xl

The cave looks great. Got some co-ordinates for it? It's too big a map to search for it! Thanks Chill.

Chill you can dig the mountain and put the cave on it no ? like the namalsk underground

The cave looks great. Got some co-ordinates for it? It's too big a map to search for it! Thanks Chill.

Its not yet on the map, next update will bring caves. :)

Great news! Torabora + DAC3 is my favourite timewaster. Thanks for continuing to make it even better Chill.

Mate, you had a perfect opportunity to drive people crazy searching your map for a closed cave :popup: