Thanks for replying, yeah, I've disabled ACEX_SM and I seem to have some of Blastcore's features, although the destruction explosions are still standard for me. No large rising smoke or those huge explosions that occur when a plane crashes.

Guess I'll keep tinkering about in my folders until I come across a solution.

Lewis

do you have the load order like this: @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@Blastcore... ?

so that first you have all the ace mods loading and then the Blastcore ones

I just noticed that launchers (RPG, SMAW, Metis, etc.) don't have any back-blast effects...I swore I saw a vid where there was a quick flame and dust when theyfired one. Anyone else see them? Or did those go away with muzzle flashes?

I just noticed that launchers (RPG, SMAW, Metis, etc.) don't have any back-blast effects...I swore I saw a vid where there was a quick flame and dust when theyfired one. Anyone else see them? Or did those go away with muzzle flashes?

There seems to be a bug which i have been unable to find a solution for, as silly as it sounds a vehicle of whatever must be present on the map to allow the script of the effect to activate.

-

Btw ive been smashing away at the soundmod to get it ready for release so it wont be far off, trying to destory alot of RPTs mostly.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Are you planning to add muzzle flashes for firearms again? I really liked those.

There seems to be a bug which i have been unable to find a solution for, as silly as it sounds a vehicle of whatever must be present on the map to allow the script of the effect to activate.

-

Btw ive been smashing away at the soundmod to get it ready for release so it wont be far off, trying to destory alot of RPTs mostly.

Well, it seems like you have to put a vehicle on the map for the distance effects too! Maybe it has been mentioned?

(You can try to add in your Scripts that always an selfmade vehicle will be spawned somewhere on the map, or outside of the map. Something like an invisible small item whats impersonated as an vehicle. So the scripts are getting activated by the vehicle. Which theoretically not even exists)

And also I noticed that the SD weapons have the distance sounds too. You have a solution for it? Corze I have an idea how to fix, but I guess its already be done, right?

(Maybe just adding an distace entry for SD weapons with just a low crack hearable under 50 meters. You can address each weapon in your config and allocate them several distance sounds.... .ah... who I'm trying to tell this XD sry)

Otherwise, you did a great job on you FX effects, really making the game like a reloaded new version. Totally different! Also the sound effects are so nice while getting under fire of an PMK soldier 1000 meters away :P

Thanks for your effort.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Most weapons that use a suppressor are used with normal ammunition, and therefore the sonic crack of the bullet will will still be heard when it passes someone. The rounds velocity is not changed. I think the only situations where it would be are if the gun uses an internal suppressor or if the magazines are SD type (lower powder charge and velocity).

Most weapons that use a suppressor are used with normal ammunition, and therefore the sonic crack of the bullet will will still be heard when it passes someone. The rounds velocity is not changed. I think the only situations where it would be are if the gun uses an internal suppressor or if the magazines are SD type (lower powder charge and velocity).

I'm not talking about the cracks, I know about SD weapons. I meant the shoot sounds for distance which appears on the SD weapons too and which is hearable around 2km. But OS has fixed this I guess ;)

So....

Jarhead

I'm not talking about the cracks, I know about SD weapons. I meant the shoot sounds for distance which appears on the SD weapons too and which is hearable around 2km. But OS has fixed this I guess ;)

So....

Jarhead

Correctamundo :)

Correctamundo :)

Awesome ;) So, I not followed the threat for a long time, how's the distancesound scripts working, in SP and MP? At all I mean.

Cheers,

Jarhead

Hello,

One question:

Night Ops, while in 1st Person and shooting the muzzle flash creates that effect of "oh my eyes!" which is OK.

But in 3rd Person View when you shoot the whole screen blinks, even when the "camera" can´t see the flash. Is intended to be that way or what? Cause its a little annoying.

Other than that, excelent release! The FPS drop is way less noticiable and the IQ is so much better. Hope to see something like this as standard in ARMA 3.

If you get bad tearing during the night off the muzzleflashes turning vsync on fixes this problem. The scripts is ok doesnt cutout so often anymore, in fact i havnt noticed it do it since i clipped all the sounds to 1-2secs max. Added in loads of differnt sounds so theres a dozen slightly differnt sounds for the mk82 / gbu12 stuff like that, vehicles exploding and ammo explosions, rockets and missiles etc etc. Made some minor changes to the visuals mod atm its pretty stable so i wont be doing anything major to it from here on so now that its pretty stable i can start working on the other versions like for muddy and snow and all that. Proberly be another week i rekon before the soundmod is ready its just loads of cleaning up to do.

Edited by Opticalsnare

-

Ahh, OK. Yep, I was just in the editor by myself shootin' them off lol. Still, your effects are kick-ass!

Also great news about the soundmod, can't wait for the update!

I have a little something.

I've got fallujah 1.2 on a night mission.

I see a huge amount of flickering lights with my nvg on

Is this blastcore or not? anyway not a major problem.

Great mod!

I have a little something.

I've got fallujah 1.2 on a night mission.

I see a huge amount of flickering lights with my nvg on

Is this blastcore or not? anyway not a major problem.

Great mod!

Have you tried the same mission with Blastcore disabled?

no but now I have...and it's still there so not a blastcore issue.

But the lights do appear as huge dots in NVG..is this also in real life or a game/engine limitation?

I did have exactly the same issue. Try disabling WarFX Sunlight. It did the trick for me

while running HDR on very high. Are you on an ATI card ?

Hi Opticalsnare,

Your new masterpiece is far better than cinema :popcornsmilie: I just had 2 hours full of fun and beer checking out all your new stuff. Very impressive!!!

But one thing is unfortunately mixed up now... If I call in White Phosporus (using the som module) I get HE shells instead. (Blastcore deactivated and all is back to normal.)

Would it be possible to make any of the settings configurable? One thing that is really disappointing right now is that the visually fantastic spark effects have a very very small viewable radius. I'd like to have those effects be visible from at least 400m out.

don't really have any complaints otherwise. Great work!

I'm wondering if its possible to have the previous Blastcore with the new fixes, the fixes being the impacts of:

rockets, mortars, artillary and anything else.

My reasoning is that this latest version seems like a "light version" versus what the previous version was which seemed to be like a heavy version where the dust and smoke lingored around a bit.

Basically Im getting at is I enjoy the lingering dust, and smoke, when it dissapeers quicker then norm, it rather destroys immersion of the game, I mean a bomb goes off, and within a few secs, i turn around and its as if nothing happened, other than the destroyed building or vehicle.

So OS is it possible to have the previous version as an optional download with the new fixes, and the fixes not being the optimization?

Running a AMD single core 2.6 CPU w/Nvidia GTX 260 I could get some lag here and there but the game was ausome minus the lack of impact clouds from mortars, ffars, artillary, and others, I miss it.

I still have the old version but its no good without the fixes.

Appreciate your time and effort, thanks for your work.

I'm wondering if its possible to have the previous Blastcore with the new fixes, the fixes being the impacts of:

rockets, mortars, artillary and anything else.

My reasoning is that this latest version seems like a "light version" versus what the previous version was which seemed to be like a heavy version where the dust and smoke lingored around a bit.

Basically Im getting at is I enjoy the lingering dust, and smoke, when it dissapeers quicker then norm, it rather destroys immersion of the game, I mean a bomb goes off, and within a few secs, i turn around and its as if nothing happened, other than the destroyed building or vehicle.

So OS is it possible to have the previous version as an optional download with the new fixes, and the fixes not being the optimization?

Running a AMD single core 2.6 CPU w/Nvidia GTX 260 I could get some lag here and there but the game was ausome minus the lack of impact clouds from mortars, ffars, artillary, and others, I miss it.

I still have the old version but its no good without the fixes.

Appreciate your time and effort, thanks for your work.

I've been thinking the same thing! The new blastcore is way too flat for my taste! The 'holy fuuuuu moments' just isn´t there anymore...

I'd agree here:

"the lingering dust, and smoke, when it disappears quicker then norm destroys immersion of the game" and "spark effects have a very very small viewable radius"

but the "'holy fuuuuu moments'" are definitely there for me.

Buddy of mine was grinning like a shark when I showed him the new artillery impacts.

Without Blastcore Arma would be -25% fun imo.

Does anyone know how I can go around this "White Phosporus" problem?

I did have exactly the same issue. Try disabling WarFX Sunlight. It did the trick for me

while running HDR on very high. Are you on an ATI card ?

Yeh I have ATI.

But I disabled all of warfx and still those dots are there

Ask Konrad1 as he configured it, its a secondary explosion, he should be able to tell you what causes the explosion, its from RWS.