Hey Opticalsnare,

thank you very much for the WarFX-addons. I love them, it's much more fun playing ArmA with your contents in background :bounce3:

After two weeks of learning for big tests (I am student) I just took a little break for trying out WarFX Blastcore.

At least I have a little question.

In the older WarFX-version there where those real cool dust-animations making it much more fun flying deeply over the desert lands with a hlicopter.

In the new WarFX-Blastcore Edition the dust-animation seems to be the same one like the BIS-animation.

Here are two short low-res videos for a direct comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbrw5BUJpOw (look at the donut under the helicopter after takeoff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDwXKkPwFI

I am playing with Combined Operations 1.56.76134 an the particle effects (e.g. while shooting rockets from the little Bird) are working perfect. Also the dust-effects after dropping a bomb on a tank or things like that.

So did you change the dust effects conscious or needs my ArmA an update?

The next question: I saw your picture where you compared normal sky to the new Takistan Sky. My skies both look exactly the same (you can see in the videos)

Is the difference allways (the time in the game was 4pm) ore only at sunrise?

Thank you VERY VERY much for your work :notworthy:

Best wishes,

Thomas

Hi der_Thomas and Sig,

Friendly tip for the future:

You guys should really update your OA (CO/OA) version to 1.57. It's the absolute bare minimum to have the current version of the game installed before you provide feedback on how any mods work for you.

Ideally, you should have no other mods running (except CBA) so you can be sure any issues you have are actually down to just Blastcore.

That said, it's good to see some 'co-op' action between different modders. Sickboy and OS hopefully can come up with some slick solutions for their combined ails. :)

Hells Bells, you are right!!!

I downloaded the 1.57 on december 22nd and installed it.

Because of the length of the ZIP-datas name I only saw "ARMA2OA_Patch_1"

I had no time and so installed it without looking at the full name or the installing process.

After your answer I just took a look on it's full name and in fact it only was the 1.56.

I think, the link in ArmA2base.de was already renamed into 1.57, but the link leaded to the 1.56 when I downloaded it.

Well OK, now I know, that a version 1.57 always should beginn with 1.57. ... in the game :D

Pretty embarrassing for me, isn't it :icon_redface:

But hey, at least now you have a video with a big dust-donut under a helicopter :D

I'm reinstalling all my mods at the moment. Does anybody happen to know if this is fully compatible with JTD Fire and Smoke? I think it is but I'll check so all you readers will know for certain.

I have been using the fire and smoke mod with it and haven't had any problems with it.

Actually after comparing the two I'd rather just have Blastcore, but with the lingering smoke (duration) of JTD Smoke. Any way we could do this? I think Blastcore looks way better than JTD's massive balls of smoke pluming into the air. The aircraft fires are especially orgasmic. :p

Actually after comparing the two I'd rather just have Blastcore, but with the lingering smoke (duration) of JTD Smoke. Any way we could do this? I think Blastcore looks way better than JTD's massive balls of smoke pluming into the air. The aircraft fires are especially orgasmic. :p

Now that I think about it...

Longer-lingering smoke/longer-burning fires would be lovely, just to have that sustained war feel :)

(Unless fire length it out of your control... I actually have a feeling that's the engine?)

I would say longer lasting yes, but if it went that way do what JTD currently does and have some config params so users can set it to what machine can handle.

Only if that ever got introduced of course.

first, good job with the mod, I really like the explotions effects.

one question though, can I somehow disable the muzzle flash effect on handled guns that you added? don't take it personally, I don't like that effect cause it's not real... I used some guns in my life, and except for smoke, I never saw any muzzle flash coming out...

any answar to that guys??

Yea it's hard to see muzzle flashes especially during the day. They look better than BIS one's that's for sure, but they should occur a lot rarer IMO.

I never liked the "muzzle flower" from op flash or indeed Arma, so I just remove them from the Weapons.PBO. Looks much better with just smoke.

Not unless u wanna mod it yourself personnaly, until i start releasing differnt versions which hopfully will include a userconfig file so you can disable some of the effects. I dont plan on releasing anything in terms of the differnt versions yet tho until the mod is stable and all issues have been resolved then the mod can be expanded into more options.

Not unless u wanna mod it yourself personnaly, until i start releasing differnt versions which hopfully will include a userconfig file so you can disable some of the effects. I dont plan on releasing anything in terms of the differnt versions yet tho until the mod is stable and all issues have been resolved then the mod can be expanded into more options.

So is this the same answer for longer lasting smoke and fire effects? I think your effects are the best I've ever seen on this game engine, even better than that of Virtual Battlespace 2. All we need now is a sense of a persistent battlefield.

i found some things i dislike in your mod and thats are mortar explosions they are bit too small especially from the 81mm

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but I find that at long distances, bullets impacts (impact effect) don't seem to register. Either that or it's so faint I can't see it. Making sniping at difficult because I can't see where the bullets are landing.

ETA:

After mucking around I see that there's a random selection of impact effects, one of which is very pronounced, and the others kick up some grit. Looks cool but pretty much invisible at long distance. :(

Edited by scottymate
info

Scotty, it has to do with the warfx-weps.pbo someone has already made a small fix, which fix's the invinciblity bug when ran with ACE. But cannot be publicly released without authors permission

Found a spelling error in one of your scripts OS, and was wondering if this is preventing a scripted feature from not working:

located

addons\WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS

mispell is: Exhuasts folder

i found some things i dislike in your mod and thats are mortar explosions they are bit too small especially from the 81mm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvS_...eature=related

I agree, I tested Blastcore on vanilla CO patched to 1.57, and the mortar, and m119 rds are very weak and small,

the mortar rds seem like grenade size explosions, and in MP only the crater is seen, if any dust from it most of the time.

M119 rds are the same in mp.

Found a spelling error in one of your scripts OS, and was wondering if this is preventing a scripted feature from not working:

located

addons\WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS

mispell is: Exhuasts folder

I agree, I tested Blastcore on vanilla CO patched to 1.57, and the mortar, and m119 rds are very weak and small,

the mortar rds seem like grenade size explosions, and in MP only the crater is seen, if any dust from it most of the time.

M119 rds are the same in mp.

Nar its just a temp folder which has not yet been implemented.

The explosion effects are quite small, this was the first time i found out about other mods somehow making the explosions look bigger or smaller when used and not used. They have been redone however, but the release is pending until other issues have been resolved first.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Nar its just a temp folder which has not yet been implemented.

The explosion effects are quite small, this was the first time i found out about other mods somehow making the explosions look bigger or smaller when used and not used. They have been redone however, but the release is pending until other issues have been resolved first.

good news ...i has a little bit the older version reworked and has this as motar-impact http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p-i23xCsio

i love dirt splash :bounce3:

Blastcore removes all the ammo from the LAV-25's M242, at least together with ACE2 it does. I'll check out if its standingwithout ACE2.

The amount of effort that must have gone in to this must be immense...like the results:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdjvYGLkPv4&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdjvYGLkPv4&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Protegimus

What the hell!!! :yay: You should have built yourself a BUNKER (1:05) ... ;-)))

What kind of soundmod are you using for the a10 if I may ask?

Blastcore rocks \m/

Thank you!!!

Edited by pandur