Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Mass Effect 3

Combat is still as crap as it was in ME2. Feels like you're repeatedly clicking on them to make the health bar shrink instead, you know, shooting at them and killing bad guys.

With they removed the stupid health bars and made the weapons feel like guns that kill instead of tools to slowly drain health bars.

Story in the first part of the demo seemed really cool though. Was epic seeing the reapers all over the city. Second part felt like the usual simple repetitive combat mission from ME2.

Maybe when it's cheap I'll pick it up. Felt like I was just playing ME2 again, which I did really enjoy at the time, but I don't feel like more of the same right now.

The Reapers are probably going for Earth because the Humans are responsible for stopping their invasion in ME1 and then screwing up the creation of a new Reaper in ME2 thus drawing their attention. Alternatively the attack on Earth could be a way to get Shepherd involved as they seem a bit fixated on getting hold of him.

Personally I think they are attacking the human colonisations and Earth because they have the greatest threat against them (the alliance), but also because the need to start harvesting more ground troops (husks) to do their dirty work and maybe even complete a human reaper.

Sweet baby jesus those jogging animations are HORRIBLE.

Watching Anderson walk with his pistol in the first mission completely killed it for me, even though the graphics, sounds voiceacting etc are all top notch.

I've seen mod teams do a better job with animation. How the hell did their animation team get away with this?

I agree. I almost have the feeling they are worse then ME2. Although I personally think it's been going downhill since ME1.

There was also a bit of a problem keeping the character to the wall instead of rolling around all the time, but that might just be me not handling the controls good enough. ;)

They also seem to have changed the facial structure a bit. Anderson looks very long in his face now, and my own character looked very chubby compared to the last two games (cheeks were all messed up).

mass-effect-anderson.jpg?w=500150px-Anderson_ME3_Character_Shot.png

See what I mean? :(

Edited by colossus

I will be def buying this as I have all the others. I am buying mine from here tho.

I'll get it on hard copy if I can, never with origin, having one game on that is more then enough. £50 from gamersgate for a digital download == daylight robbery, £30 is the max I will pay for any pc game.

;2108649']I'll get it on hard copy if I can' date=' never with origin, having one game on that is more then enough. £50 from gamersgate for a digital download == daylight robbery, £30 is the max I will pay for any pc game.[/quote']

I'm betting you can't evade Origin no matter what you do, hard copy or not. Sadly that might be the reason I'm not getting ME3 :( Origin Do Not Want. At least until they amend their privacy snooping, although honestly I'd prefer not to have yet another DRM program kicking around for no good reason.

Regards,

Wolfrug

I'm betting you can't evade Origin no matter what you do, hard copy or not.

Yup, the last I heard was that ME3 will require Origin. If you get a disc version, you will still need to activate it through Origin, similar to what happens with "Steam only" games.

I agree. I almost have the feeling they are worse then ME2. Although I personally think it's been going downhill since ME1.

There was also a bit of a problem keeping the character to the wall instead of rolling around all the time, but that might just be me not handling the controls good enough. ;)

I experienced the same.

I played ME2 for the storyline and I guess I'll get ME3 when the lowered the price, but the begining didn't blew me away...

You can expect stuff like that from EA. I won´t buy the game until it has dropped in price and until it is on Steam. I don´t want Origin.

Although I have ME1 and ME2 I don't think I'll be getting this one either. I despise Origin, there are no benefits having that program. Even though they took out the middle man they still kept the same prices, and at times even higher prices. I think what Gabe Newell said about providing a better service then what the pirates can do also applies to other competing companies. Meaning, EA doesn't provide a better service then Valve, other retailers or pirates.

I think you all are crazy not to buy ME3 because of Origin, but I love the series.

If you guys truly like the series you'll get it anyway. By boycotting Origin you're also harming BioWare. There isn't much they can do with EA's tentacles pinning them down. Back in '08 EA were not the monster they are today.

This is a very popular serie with a massive fanbase. A few people's choice not to buy Mass Effect 3, for whatever reason, can hardly be deemed harmful to a company that can spend ~550 million dollars on SW: The Old Republic, which has 1.7 million active subscibers, after 2 million people bought it, and this in a time of recession. BioWare is not a small company anymore and they have EAs full support behind them.

Edited by colossus

You can expect stuff like that from EA. I won´t buy the game until it has dropped in price and until it is on Steam. I don´t want Origin.

I'm afraid that you will never play ME3, it wont be sold on steam.

I'm afraid that you will never play ME3, it wont be sold on steam.

Thats what they want you to believe, so that you go and use Origin. I guess it will go on Steam half a year after Release, they want to grab the extra cash.

As much as I am looking forward to this game, the many, many issues with the MP part are really detracting from the overall experience. So far:

- I almost always have trouble finding an MP session. The ironically named "quick game" function is a royal pain in the ass.

- Occasionally the game just sticks on "connecting" for ages (2 minutes?). This cannot be aborted.

- Some people obviously don't have a sufficient connection to host the game (or are downloading stuff while hosting), resulting in extreme lag.

- Sometimes the lobby is buggy/inconsistent. At times I have seen my name disappear, followed by a CTD. Other times the "ready" button / space doesn't work, so I cannot ready up.

- After a match, I have (twice so far) experienced loss of items that I bought right before the host left. The items simply disappeared after host migration was complete.

- I occasionally have a sound problem where some channels aren't played, resulting in extremely diminished situational awareness. Restarting the game fixes this.

- Also rarely, I will not be able to see any enemies. I can see my team mates shooting at stuff, and I will take hits from all over the place, but I can't see any enemies to shoot at.

- Starting a game after host migration almost always results in major bugs. Most recently, the first wave was also the last ("get to the shuttle!"), and once we were successfully away it said "Mission failed!".

Not to mention that the "random" way of recieving items is thouroughly unsatisfying. I don't use sniper rifles at all, but the game seems to really, really, REALLY want me to. At least judging by the amount of sniper upgrades I have recieved.

Yeah, that day-one-DLC shit really needs to get nuked. EA again. FPDR

This isnt anything new since like ~2010.

Edited by ziiip

Day 1 DLC = Automatic No purchase for me.

FU EA, and your disgusting 'business' practices as well.

I will, of course, heap a lot of the blame on the people who encourage these business practices by continuing to support these greedy assholes, those people are the reason it keeps happening.

Stop supporting crap like this and you'll see how fast they stop producing it. The only way to invoke any kind of change with EA and their ilk is to speak to them in the only language they understand, money.

Edited by BangTail

I will, of course, heap a lot of the blame on the people who encourage these business practices by continuing to support these greedy assholes, those people are the reason it keeps happening.

Count me among the blamed, then. I don't see the problem with day-one DLC. The price for just about every AAA video game has been $60 for many years now; everything else has been going up in price while the price of games has stagnated. They're past due for a price increase, and I for one am glad that the increase is coming in the form of optional content rather than simply being tacked on.

And seriously, what's with the demonizing? How is offering DLC a "disgusting business practice"? EA is a for-profit company that's trying to maximize its profit by using a business model that involves DLC. Bohemia Interactive is another company that fits that description. I don't see the problem. If you really hate DLC, don't buy it.

Count me among the blamed, then. I don't see the problem with day-one DLC. The price for just about every AAA video game has been $60 for many years now; everything else has been going up in price while the price of games has stagnated. They're past due for a price increase, and I for one am glad that the increase is coming in the form of optional content rather than simply being tacked on.

And seriously, what's with the demonizing? How is offering DLC a "disgusting business practice"? EA is a for-profit company that's trying to maximize its profit by using a business model that involves DLC. Bohemia Interactive is another company that fits that description. I don't see the problem. If you really hate DLC, don't buy it.

If you can't see why that's wrong, there isnt much for us to discuss. Maybe when you can't even afford games because it will effectively cost you hundreds of dollars to play, you'll understand why we should not support this kind of practice.

Comparing BIS to EA in this particular instance is entirely out of context. I don't object to DLC in general (anymore), I do object to DLC being released on the same day as the game, it's quite simply insulting.

Please don't try to use that ' they are a business and they have to make money' nonsense either, it's a really weak argument. There is no shortage of revenue generation where EA is concerned, Origin is a prime example of their unmitigated greed.

At the end of the day, we'll just have to agree to disagree :)

Edited by BangTail