1. 1. Which advertising method draw your attention to the game in first place

• mouth to mouth advertising
    • you tube or other video sites
    • friends
    • Reviews on dedicated gamer magazines
    • Forum of other videogames
    • never heard of . . . was a blind purchase
    • other . . . please specify

if you want socialize more remember there is IRC channel in my signature ;)

if you want socialize more remember there is IRC channel in my signature ;)

Yeah, but IRC is annoying, we prefer to just go offtopic every once in a while until we get a topic/subforum for all our real offtopicness. :p

Nemesis well ...

IRC is for realtime chat ... ofcourse some will prefer e.g. forums

then we have Facebook, Steam community groups, xfire group etc.

but i'm open to suggestions :)

damn...my storie my be a bit more wild lol! for me i had no interest ingames(still dont..btw Arma2/OA's not a game to me, but a life style)! but when my life and dumbazz choices led me down a long dark road to hell, and "bad choices" to sell and smoke too much weed, got me locked up...my mom punished me and left me with only a magazine to read..thankgod it was a military magazine that had an article about OFP, and i begged my mom to buy me the game or to let me get work it off while one spring break from school(was only like 11-12yrs old when OFP came out)!

because of that tho, it keep me hooked(but on something good lol)! OFP plus my grandfather/cusins/uncles was the main reason i ended up joing the military(well started off with military programs, schools, USAF Aux. C.A.P.ext.) but then from that i later joined the USAF! so i owe you a big thank you BIS..really, alot of the ppl i use to hang with back then are all locked up and a few killed over drugs/gangs...thanks BIS, and a big thanks from my mom aswell lol!

comunity growing? oh boys i didn't noticed. at least on PvP servers :(

last one.

because bought/played BIS products from OFP Demo to Arma2[inclding anything between] and therefore don't need any kind of "advertisement" for staying attracted.

last one.

because bought/played BIS products from OFP Demo to Arma2[inclding anything between] and therefore don't need any kind of "advertisement" for staying attracted.

So how did you get to the OFP demo? ;)

Mouth to mouth advertising? I'm yet to meet a girl who talks about Arma 2.

And talking to girls about ARMA 2 would be asking for trouble

They then expect you to listen to them about some dress or shoes they want ;)

I saw the box Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis on a software shelf in some store. I honestly can't remember if it was a game store or a department store. I got it home and my PC couldn't run it very well. A week later my new PC ran it very well. I think this was early 2002. Why would anyone ever leave this series? Nothing else even comes close.

I saw OFP before on a Polish FPS gaming site (ofp.fpp.pl) and thought it was cool but never got around to buying it. This was around 2003.

Later (around 2008) some of my friends showed me gameplay videos from ArmA and I played the demo but I couldn't get used to the controls and ultimately didn't buy it even though I liked it.

ArmA 2 was on my shopping list for a while and I finally got the opportunity to obtain it for Christmas 2010. :yay:

It started with my Cousin playing Operation Flashpoint back in the day . I watched him playing him as a kid but i didnt realise how awesome it was . The main thing i remembered was the training course in the begining and the awesome music . After i was like 15 i played a bit OFP again but i didnt really finished it. After sometime, my school friend told me about ArmA and lend it to me , i installed it , completed the game and that was it .

After Arma 2 released i really was a fixed Bohemia Fan .

My little brother had OPF on his PC and i thought it was the coolest thing. I remember a couple of missions i played, but had other "activities" then, which took most of my time. Allsso my brother wanted to play quake wars all the time and didnt even dare to try opf on my 166mhz pentium II :pet5:

Later when i got my own PC that could play games, ARMA was the first game i ever bought, and been playing since :bb:

I bought OFP on release, but shamefully I took it back for a refund because it didn't work properly.

The fault turned out to be my keyboard. Shame on me :)

But I didn't rebuy it again until rather later. After an online group of us got a LOT of enjoyment and mileage out of both Battlefield 1942 and Ghost Recon I was persuaded by a good friend to get OFP as it represented exactly the gameplay we were gradually migrating to. After an online session where we were verbally taken through some simple aspects of the editor, I began to see the value of it.

This is why I sometimes mention that it takes about a week to "get" the BIS paradigm. Once you get it, you're hooked. But it's getting that initial hook that's the thing.

I've since made up for my initial buffoonery by buying several copies of OFP, most recently just last week when I saw all 3 original OFP released games/addons for £2.00 each.

Edited by DMarkwick

I read about Arma 2 in a game magazine and started looking at cinematic movies on youtube. So those of you wich make beautiful ARMA 2 videos probably made me want this game. :)

I got OFP as a gift from a friend back in 2001 . It was the coolest thing ever . Back then my idea of an awesome FPS was CS 1.1 Flying the Cobra was my favorite thing , then I got into commanding units , stealing UAZ's :P .

This may shock you but , I bought OFP: resistance off my girl cousin . It costed me 1 pizza and 1 week of being her "man servant " :P , she was more of a RTS fan anyway , but she did play it for almost half a year .

Then I just kept buying BIS products . The only one I did not buy was QG because I simply could not find a hard copy of it here .

10 years of Arma .... good times and good times to come .

I tried hard to find out, but I cannot remember why I bought OFP in 2001 (and after that all games from BIS).

I know that I recommended it successfully to some people, to many without success - for it being toooo complicated and tooo realistic. What I like - both of it.

I am really wondering since a ten years why I never read something about BIS games in the most interesting german journal on computer, called ct from www.heise.de. I would really estimate that they have the highest potential of readers especially for games like this (tech freakz, free thinking, OpenSource addicted etc. etc.). And they have an enormous reach all over Germany (Switzerland, Austria ... etc. - I don't know, but believe there too).