Sign in to follow this  
xy20032004

"Video Playback" what indeed is that???

Private Military Company, "in-game Video Playback", what indeed is that???

"in-game Video Playback".......................................

Is it somewhat like FRAPS which records the game in a huge size file or just like the replay file in need for speed 13 which is very small?

PMC buyers please tell us? Thanks.

The ability to play video on a layer/overlay element in the game. Play the campaign you get with the patch and it should all be clear. Err, actually, it will be blurry, but... :D

I always take it for granted that "video playback system" can help us make intro more easily than writing scene scripting......

But I find nothing in edit mode of the latest patch.

I guess only the buyer can edit through that system while normal players can only watch "vedio" through its lite version but cannot use it.

I wanna to know what's the format of those ingame vedios?

Edited by ffur2007slx2_5

this feature does not make anything easier at all. you got the same feature as PMC buyers. it works like that:

you capture your intro.sqs or the video you want with fraps or so, convert it and now your able to play it ingame as ressource.

i have to say i thought its a great feature first, but atm i think its not needed at all. Why?

It adds work.

-You have to capture everything ingame, convert it to ovg format

-The quality seems not to be very good

-Size of missions gets VERY big[ for example, 3 minutes of ingamevideo=100Mb

The videos in the PMC campaign were very blurry and low res, didnt like em at all. I rather see some textures popping up in Intros, but so i still got great graphics in it.

example mission is uploaded here in some minutes:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110800

some screen in screen small video are pretty cool. but capturing whole intros doesnt make any sense for me atm

Edited by Coffeecat

this feature does not make anything easier at all. you got the same feature as PMC buyers. it works like that:

you capture your intro.sqs or the video you want with fraps or so, convert it and now your able to play it ingame as ressource.

i have to say i thought its a great feature first, but atm i think its not needed at all. Why?

It adds work.

-You have to capture everything ingame, convert it to ovg format

-The quality seems not to be very good

-Size of missions gets VERY big[ for example, 3 minutes of ingamevideo=100Mb

The videos in the PMC campaign were very blurry and low res, didnt like em at all. I rather see some textures popping up in Intros, but so i still got great graphics in it.

example mission is uploaded here in some minutes:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110800

some screen in screen small video are pretty call. but capturing whole intros doesnt make any sense for me atm

Oh yeah! Thanks!

Maybe the size of mission on armaholic will be larger than addons or even mods since playvideo_fnc available.:D

What should be better in-game playback or CG?

what do you mean with CG?

Just like the trailer of WOW, diablo etc.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

What should be better in-game playback or CG?

I think it is not worthwhile comparing. BIS can make its pre-mission intro as good as CG if they will to. But I think it is really unnecessary for BI make the intro so detailed because it's not in accordance with in-game performance.

You wont necessarily have blurriness and stuttering. Personally I had none of these problems what so ever. Don't let people discourage you...

Well, the option of using a video as an intro could come in handy when you want to portray a large battle even for those players who's pc's couldnt handle these battles without slowing down to a crawl. (like mine :P)

Well, the option of using a video as an intro could come in handy when you want to portray a large battle even for those players who's pc's couldnt handle these battles without slowing down to a crawl. (like mine :P)

You can also use addons that the end user might not have, want or need :)