Sign in to follow this  
trooper117

PMC campaign.. 1st mission.

Keep getting killed by artillery fire as I try to find the contact.. Yes, I'm trying to stay in or around the buildings for cover but I'm killed long before I even find him.

I'm also searching as directed where the crows keep circling, but can't find a thing.. and is my other companion who states that he has 'got my back' to keep covering me supposed to be prone by the vehicle the whole time?

Can't believe I'm getting stuffed on mission one!..lol

Upstairs, to be precise (and if the placement is not random).

Placement is random, at the second try, I didn't find the body anymore.

It was in the ground floor of a building for me, so yep, random.

Just look at the crows (if you don't see them, try to hear them). The body seems to be just in the center of the group of crows.

The most epic, legendary, awesome campaign for ArmA ever made

COUGH SARCASM COUGH

Edited by ArmAriffic

After i entered the heli the mission didn't end. My partner was killed, was that the cause?

Best regards

Sorted it now.. just ran for the crows and eventualy found him on the roof.

Got to say, with the incoming mortar rounds, the blinding dust and wind, plus the enemy popping up from time to time, the tension was palpable by the time I got to that RV!

Keep getting killed by artillery fire as I try to find the contact..

I just had a quick stab at the campaign before bed. Died five times from artillery. Err, is there supposed to be a point to death by random shelling? IMO it is a bizzare mission design choice. I'm sure the campaign will get better but who play tests these things without saying "you know, it's atmospheric but I don't think anyone's going to enjoy being randomly spammed by it". It's sooo basic - if I made a mission for my squad where five guys died like this I don't think I'd be very popular. Maybe there's a game dynamic I'm missing - I need to run more/less be more in/out of cover. Sigh.

I never felt the arty was that big of threat.

Same, I just though it added good tension. And as Trooper said, the wind, the dust. Kept it edgy.

I loved the video bits and the credits hooked to terrain ...... BIS is getting very professional.

Generally if it doesn't land on or very near you then it's not. However, it does me so I guess it is. Don't vets say its better to be lucky than smart? Well I guess I'm not both...now where's that skip mission cheat...

I was actually enjoying this mission until I got in the chopper at the end and it refused to take off...

I'm guessing it's because of the fact the first guy I met got killed by infantry...but why am I penalized for it and stopped from completing the mission? I thought the whole point of a game like ARMA2 was that I'm able to do things my own way and that the mission is adjustable. It seems ridiculous that BIS would make a mission where the helicopter won't take off if a certain AI dies, and can easily do so.

I knew something was wrong the moment he died and my character didn't even acknowledge his death...

As for the artillery, it hasn't hit me once, I don't know what the problem is? Just act how you would in real life, stay in cover and stay clear of the shells.

Stay close to cover, if you are lucky enough to hear it coming get behind cover, preferably below ground level..

I was actually enjoying this mission until I got in the chopper at the end and it refused to take off...

same here ... really good stuff that OpBlGauntlet, very much of the apocalypse you feel in there ... but heli waits until universe 2.0 to begin or what :rolleyes: ? must be a bug, really sad, thought we got rid of these showstoppers now :mad:

my AI teammate (Patrick Dixon, I remembered him "three days earlier" ;) ) sitting even next to me in the heli, but nothing happens, wont take off

EDIT: practiced "endmission", was end of mission anyway, but the "?" about it remains

EDIT2: played 1st mission again just for experience mission's design: now all three of us survived and all of us in heli -> takes off, mission ends regular after some dialogue ... so why can't we get "mission failed" if one's dead and if it's necessary for mission's success to keep everybody alive ? would make some things clearer, I guess ;)

Edited by langgis08

Artillery seems to be landing with evenly timed intervals. Run from cover to cover. I got killed a couple of times by it before I got better at moving tactically. I saw some rounds landing within 10 meters of enemies some times, that was fun :)

Artillery seems to be landing with evenly timed intervals. Run from cover to cover. I got killed a couple of times by it before I got better at moving tactically. I saw some rounds landing within 10 meters of enemies some times, that was fun :)

I got hit when i was inside a building. Incredibly frustrating. Made it though, seems like its best to just run for the waypoint and leave your buddy behind. :p

On my first go artillery had smashed the building the body was in. It was buried beneath rubble. The crows were still circling it. Next time through the building was still standing and I found the body okay.

Hitting the dirt (Z) on hearing incoming seems to work.

Me neither.

i am getting sick of this mission, spawning enemies everywhere. Cant seem to find the body, i searched every building beneath the crows. hes nowhere, i had found him first time, but he was under ruble. Could not get documents, before that i had found both body and document, but when i reached the point, the car was burning and mercenary was dead. I could not finish mission, what a buggy shitty mission.