Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

How do you change antenna ?

You can not change the antennas right now. The only radio to have different antennas is the 148, which uses two different classes, one for the VHF version (ACRE_PRC148) and one for the UHF antenna version (ACRE_PRC148_UHF).

The 119 only has its 1.2 meter antenna, and the 117F has both a 1.2 meter and a 13" UHF antenna.

higher power = stronger signal = more range. Antenna's have a lot to do with it too, but your actual power still has the most to do with it.

The 117F replaces the 119 in the field. The 119 replaced the vietnam-era 77, and than the 117F replaced the 119 (some units still use it, but not many).

Ok so the 117F has more power then?

Ok so the 117F has more power then?

Yes, if you went and experimented with it, you'd see that it can do 20,000mW and we have stated before that the max power for the PRC-119 on battery is 4,000mW.

Even the 148 is more powerful than the 119.

And now that we have played Arma with it my group cant play Arma without it...

Same here... Hope there will be any good Solution for all of us...

ArmA2 without ACRE will not be the same... :(

Don't worry ACRE won't be going any place... :P It just might be a setback or slowdown. No frets though, there is plenty of motivation to work on ACRE whatever the circumstances are with TS3.

anyway after lot of test in a domination , coop mission and vts acre V1.1.0 have some problem with the Joint In Progress.

Rpt. files can be creat thuesday if you want ;)

Don't worry ACRE won't be going any place... :P It just might be a setback or slowdown. No frets though, there is plenty of motivation to work on ACRE whatever the circumstances are with TS3.

Thats good to hear except the new version of ACRE crashes like crazy and I cant seem to find a copy of the old version floating around anywhere:confused:

anyway after lot of test in a domination , coop mission and vts acre V1.1.0 have some problem with the Joint In Progress.

Rpt. files can be creat thuesday if you want ;)

Both VTS and Domination have known bugs with their dynamic group assignments with JIP.

This is *NOT* an ACRE issue, its an issue with those missions that need to be fixed there.

It breaks more than just ACRE. Just, like always, you notice it with ACRE for obvious reasons.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Thats good to hear except the new version of ACRE crashes like crazy and I cant seem to find a copy of the old version floating around anywhere:confused:

This is completely contradictory to our bug reports, testers and our actual testing use at our own community (UO).

If you're "crashing like crazy" please report it on the tracker with RPTs and TS3 dumps using the "Create Dump File" task manager method (if a crash dump wasnt created).

Otherwise - they will keep happening; because all anyone tells us is "IT CRASHES WTF?!"

oh oki thanks jaynus can you speak with the mission creator ? because it's really anoying and i think you have more importance than all of us regroup in one person

oh oki thanks jaynus can you speak with the mission creator ? because it's really anoying and i think you have more importance than all of us regroup in one person

Xeno does not support/develop domination anymore. AFAIK, its been taken up by multiple people trying to maintain it.

VTS 3.5 I also think the designer has disappeared.

A workaround though, is every time someone JIPs, everyone leaves their groups and rejoins.

VTS 3.5 I also think the designer has disappeared.

Gonza and l'Etranger released a new version just yesterday,they are alive safe and sound...

please can you ask them to make your ACRE compatible with vts?Our unit can't play without both

I'm having problems with the AN/PRC 343, for some reason its blank white in areas.

http://l6.imghost.us/FbU/ACREproblem.JPG

I'm running the steam version of OA standalone.

My mod line is -mod=@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACRE;@jayarma2lib

Any idea why this would happen?

lol, thats perfectly fine. In real life all that is there is a serial number, MAC address (its a wireless networking device), and a barcode, the other smaller white space is just the company logo.

We never put anything on there... I guess we should though, as you are not the first person to think something is wrong! :p

a question..

is there a problem with win7 x64 bit and ts3 x64 and acre all together coz we have some members that cant get it to work. even with an launcher and by editering the command line! it allways is saying that acre issent connected to ts.

all file i have checkt that thay are in the proper dir! oh and both amp are runinng in admin mode!

Both VTS and Domination have known bugs with their dynamic group assignments with JIP.

This is *NOT* an ACRE issue, its an issue with those missions that need to be fixed there.

How about reporting this bug to BIS ? :)

Group changes should have no consequences for JIP players. Nothing mission makers can do about.

Xeno

It is.

Like I wrote, nothing we can do about it, only wait for BIS to fix it. The problem exists since ArmA 1.

Xeno

After 1½~ hours of playtime, i had an error where nobody could hear me. I re-started my teamspeak and the problem was solved. This was the case for 4 out of 9 players.

I got this one when i tabbed pack to arma.

I dont know about the others or if this error is usefull to you. The error dissapeared when I re-activated my radio and used the radio-button. (Capslock)

Here you go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1576479/acreerror.jpg

After 1½~ hours of playtime, i had an error where nobody could hear me. I re-started my teamspeak and the problem was solved. This was the case for 4 out of 9 players.

I got this one when i tabbed pack to arma.

I dont know about the others or if this error is usefull to you. The error dissapeared when I re-activated my radio and used the radio-button. (Capslock)

Here you go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1576479/acreerror.jpg

What version of ACRE?

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Like I wrote, nothing we can do about it, only wait for BIS to fix it. The problem exists since ArmA 1.

Xeno

Well actually, you could have a JIP script setVehicleInit propagate for all players to do something like this (just off top of my head):

OnJip:

logic = "GameLogic" createVehicle getPos player;

logic setVehicleInit "_saveGroup = group player; player join grpNull; player join _saveGroup;";

processInitCommands;

Wouldn't that do the trick in Domi's case? The groups only seem to "not show" for the JIP player, so that "should", maybe, reset it all.

Untested. Just guessing.

a question..

is there a problem with win7 x64 bit and ts3 x64 and acre all together coz we have some members that cant get it to work. even with an launcher and by editering the command line! it allways is saying that acre issent connected to ts.

all file i have checkt that thay are in the proper dir! oh and both amp are runinng in admin mode!

no one?

What version of ACRE?

Latest of course.

ACRE: 1.1.0.234

JAYARMA2LIB: 1.4.2

TEAMSPEAK: TS3 Beta 36 (TS3 API v8)

Hi Guys

First Great job on ACRE it is a brilliant idea and works great.

But what i would suggest, is that you make it easier to install and have clearer instructions. As i believe most people (or alot of people in who download this) will have issues setting this up. Maybe changing to automatice install to include both ARCE and JayArma2Lib. I know they are seperate mods, but its worth looking at.

Also somepeople i think may not know that there is a 32bit and a 64bit team speck client. in order for it to work properly they need the correct version for their system. Hence why some can't get ACRE to work or connect to TS3.

Also noticed that the CBA 142 version prevented ARCE from working for me, anyone else have the same problem?

Also just a little minor issue (more annoying then anything else) with JayArma2Lib, every time i load arma it pops up saying my JayArma2Lib is out of date and asking me if i'd liked to download the newer version? If i click yes, then ARMA 2/OA/BAF stops responding, and JayArma2Lib does nothing at all. Plus i believe (since i only downloaded it the other day) that i am using the most upto date version anyway (1.4.3).

Edited by teaboy