Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.1 Stable - Release Thread

@GoldenNugget - may require some TS3/windows configuration changes to make sure to use 5.1

@=WBG=ati - Just like *every* *single* *time* BI updates - it takes a minute for a JayArmA2Lib version to get pushed.

I just pushed it about 45 seconds ago.

Hey there.

This version is not working for us, we updated:

-ts3 plugin dll

-dsound.dll

-the new jayarma2lib

-@acre from yesterday

we also use the cba hotfix version, released today..

ingame it says, acre is not connected to teamspeak..

any clue?

Hey there.

This version is not working for us, we updated:

-ts3 plugin dll

-dsound.dll

-the new jayarma2lib

-@acre from yesterday

we also use the cba hotfix version, released today..

ingame it says, acre is not connected to teamspeak..

any clue?

jayarma2lib just got a flash update about a minute ago.

Restart your arma2 and/or install the new jayarma2lib (silent update). You should get the auto-update, should fix your problems.

you and your updater..works fine now..

I think you can imagine how it feels as pmc without having a radio :)..

thx a lot for the fix

cheers lad

How do you replace antennas?

this addmagazine "something" ?

YOur latest update breaks Arma!!!!!!! Wont let me boot Arma at all with it installed, but then when i uninstall it it boots fine.

Same say for the server

It's because the JayArmA2Lib file included in the installer package isn't up to date. Try here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/files

Edit: Infact, it's just certain installer links that are out of date. Use the devheaven link, its up to date. http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/9341/ACRE_V1.1.0.234.exe

Edited by Pathy

Delete ItemRadio and addWeapon "ACRE_PRC148"; instead.

We had too many errors and bugs in your early versions to use it, it wasnt stable enought. Yesterday, we tried ACRE again and where happy!

Huge improvements. We love it and have allways found it as a necessary addon :) Only a few errors where people suddently lost connection with teamspeak, but a quick restart of ts did the job. Once my mate couldnt hear the groupleader but the groupleader could hear him fine even though we where right next to each other :D But somehow after 5 mins he could hear him again.. Dont know what caused any of it, but I felt like I needed to report this :)

We had too many errors and bugs in your early versions to use it, it wasnt stable enought. Yesterday, we tried ACRE again and where happy!

Huge improvements. We love it and have allways found it as a necessary addon :) Only a few errors where people suddently lost connection with teamspeak, but a quick restart of ts did the job. Once my mate couldnt hear the groupleader but the groupleader could hear him fine even though we where right next to each other :D But somehow after 5 mins he could hear him again.. Dont know what caused any of it, but I felt like I needed to report this :)

There are still some inherent TS3 issues with random muting. They have been working on them for a while now. We have experienced this sort of muting issue out of game just talking in channel where one person can not hear the other but everyone else can. TS3 restart almost always fixes it.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

How do you replace antennas?

this addmagazine "something" ?

Antennas can not be switched out at the moment.

The only radio with multiple antenna types right now is the 148.

The VHF version is the default, and you can get the one that models the UHF antenna by adding ACRE_PRC148_UHF

Delete ItemRadio and addWeapon "ACRE_PRC148"; instead.

Well, that may work, but our group uses 148 always, even in missions not designed by us. Would it be "legal" to manually change it inside config. If yes, where to search for ItemRadio replacement?

I know there are communities out there using this mod without major difficulties and I really wish I knew what the secret was.

We're currently running this mod at MAG and more people experience at least TS3 1 crash per game we play than don't (I myself usually experience several) and there always seems to be someone who just cannot get it to work on that day (usually a different person each time).

If there's any diagnostic files you'd like to help you help us just ask and i'll see how many I can gather.

We were really hoping 1.1 would be a deus ex machina :(.

Every time TS3 crashes/hangs - on your win7/vista people do the following:

1. Have them open task manager

2. right click the ts3 process, and click dump process to file

3. upload it somewhere and send it to me

Our group recently updated to the new version of ACRE. Before the ACRE worked great but now our group of 6 has their TS3 crash at least once a mission. When it crashes the last work that was said repeats non stop at a fast pace and Operation Arrowhead stalls in and out.

Is there any fix for this out there?

Thanks for the new API commands. You made my life much easier :)

My Purchasemenue adoption in Warfare now is much smoother and futursave.

We're playing our 17th Fightnight with 1.08 and a new ACRE Version.

Another Song in the Bank :)

3 things made that possible:

- Jay's 1.08 comaptibility push (and support)

- the "acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList" API command

- and not to forget Bennys new gearConfig system.

... just finished the first Test, and glad to say:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks to the Team

fREAk

Just FYI.

I dont know why, installed it two times now, but after PMC the file DSound.dll, which belongs to Acre, crashes the game during launch. Removing the file or uninstalling acre makes the game work fine again. Reinstalling Acre (1.1.0.234) didnt help, same issue.

Jaynus...

Here is a dump file from TS3 after it locked up on one of our members pc...it was the pulsing audio bug

TS3 DMP

Hope this helps...

Or do you want this added to a DEV heaven bug ?

Edited by gonk

Jaynus...

Here is a dump file from TS3 after it locked up on one of our members pc...it was the pulsing audio bug

TS3 DMP

Hope this helps...

Or do you want this added to a DEV heaven bug ?

Its more than likely the unresolvable issue we are having with TS3 at the moment, as the last few crashes 1.1 and just before 1.1 were mainly this. Let us look at the dump before a ticket is made.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Just FYI.

I dont know why, installed it two times now, but after PMC the file DSound.dll, which belongs to Acre, crashes the game during launch. Removing the file or uninstalling acre makes the game work fine again. Reinstalling Acre (1.1.0.234) didnt help, same issue.

Make sure you are running the latest version of JayArmA2Lib. It should ask you to update if you aren't, but double check.

so i found a massive bug with 1.56

i couldnt run my game all the time after i patched it to 1.56 then i moved the 2 files (ijl15.dll and dsound.dll ) away and game run as normal TRY TO FIX THAT PLS always if i put them back when starting got an error

so i found a massive bug with 1.56

i couldnt run my game all the time after i patched it to 1.56 then i moved the 2 files (ijl15.dll and dsound.dll ) away and game run as normal TRY TO FIX THAT PLS always if i put them back when starting got an error

Wich error you got? the dsound.dll should stay in your ArmA root or your ACRE wont work.