Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

make copilots to can fly

If you throw it in autohover though maybe that would decrease the sense of urgency. I wouldn't mind having the copilot struggle to get his bearings and take over controls, as long as it is clear enough to him that he is, in fact, taking over controls. ;)

yeah I agree also in RL the auto-pilot cant detect that your dead and it detracts from the player's need for a quick skill based reaction.

I just remembered that the pilot is also given the TK's for everyone killed on board ......ouch! (and none of the gunners points)

all the time imho. I get tired after flying endless hours over ebank's rugged maps of a-stan (hehe) , it's nice to have a co-pilot take over while I review the mission etc.

I agree with the option to "pass control" between pilot. (not "request control" as that could get annoying if abused)

If the pilot dies in real life he doesn't have time to offer control to the co-pilot so it should be automatic BUT The co-pilot would get a message "Pilot is dead, you have control"

As in real life this would make sure that the co-pilot is doing his job of being aware of the situation.

Also if the pilot is killed in some situations it may be impossible for the co-pilot to recover anyway.

Edited by EDcase

well these would of course be simulated by the flight model. but a pilot & co must have harnesses on while flying for obvious reasons so a body is not going to collapse onto the stick in RL & as such should not happen in a mil sim.

Any unrecoverable flight situations should be the domain of the flight model.

still think request is the only was as this could also be abused.

roll pass control bail ...... copilot gets TK of all crew passengers...... nice function?

want a special script for auto dead pilot ??? bah keep it simple dead = norm auto request.

How would one go about creating a petition/ticket for this? I would not want this sinking into the swamp fo forgotten good ideas... Or does a ticket already exist?

time for more clicks on the ticket guys never forget this treat:D

+1 from me. I really like this idea, and I hope that this will be in the game.

And another +1 from me. Number one in my wishlist, actually.

Just made an account on Devheaven and voted for this. I would love to have this in the game and is very high on my wishlist indeed!

still think request is the only was as this could also be abused.

roll pass control bail ...... copilot gets TK of all crew passengers...... nice function?

Or we just stick to our clans and nothing like that would ever happend. :P

true but we must acnowledge that the game is played by pub players too and I do like to play on pubs as well!

ftw!!!

if nothing else, i would at least like to see bis make it so that in the blackhawk configs, there is more than just the pilot in the helicopter. I mean like i want the copilot seat to at least be filled with a pilot. It really irritates me when i get in the helicopter as squad leader when im arsing around in the helicopter, i hope in totally immersed, and my character suddenly gets in the front seat of the helicopter. I know i could just add another pilot to the helicopter in the editor when i want, and i do, but theres also those instances such as in the first mission in ao when

you are sitting in the front seat of the helicopter when your squad is getting dropped off to attack the airfield.

really i just find it to break immersion.

Edited by SB Interactive

Only if the pilot is dead/heavily wounded and if the (AI) co-pilot/gunner will be so clever to RTB or fly to the next base/FARP with a medic tent. Perhaps make it so hard that the co-pilot/gunner can't handle all weapons + operate the helicopter/plane simultaneous alone on his own.