Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueMods

Be sure you have the gps equipped to begin with or else you won't be able to bring it up.

I have the GPS equiped ofcourse, but it doesnt work :(

Huh? I don't follow why you would need to erase the game and reinstall to try the mod :confused:

No room on my hard drive sadly.But that ends next weekend as I am getting a 1TB drive.

Been playing around with this mod and I really love it! :inlove:

One issue though, when you use the CQB sights on ACE weapons (eg M16 w/ ACOG) there's a problem with the FOV zooming out then in really quickly.

Also, the X hair mod seems to be too low, even for general reference (not for shooting of course). I find myself aiming way above the target when I scope in if I use the chevrons as a guide for where to aim.

Edited by AnimalMother92

@Snafu

Not necessary. There is both ACE and Zeus that modifies similar areas.

@RoME

I have no problem with AI distances and I use ACE where it's increased. Even though targets are now smaller, it's still surprisingly easy to spot and hit even if only a few pixels at very far ranges. There's no quick and easy way to decrease engagement distances. You could make your own engagement mod, but that requires decreasing ranges for each weapon type. However, you can decrease spotting distance and aiming accuracy easily, but they will still engage far once spotted. This is a positive imo, because it acts as inaccurate suppression fire.

Just create a folder named anything (ex. "my_aiskill") then create a text file in that folder, but name it "config.cpp" (not with ".txt"). Then add this code using notepad..

class CfgPatches {
   class my_aiskill {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {};
   };
};
//This should decrease the AI spotting and accuracy by 50%..
class CfgAISkill {
aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0, 1, 0.5}; //Default={0, 0, 1, 1};
spotDistance[] = {0, 0.1, 1, 0.2}; //Default={0, 0.2, 1, 0.4};
//    	aimingShake[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
//    	aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1};
//   	endurance[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
//   	spotTime[] = {0, 0, 1, 0.7};
//   	courage[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
//   	reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
//   	commanding[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
//   	general[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};
};

Lastly, just convert the folder to a pbo (kegetys cpbo or BIS's binpbo) and run it as a mod.

Other then doing that, you can just decrease the aiskill in missions you make (decreasing aiskill in a mission decreases all those values above) or further decrease the EnemyPrecision values that you have already tried.

@Spamurai

Looks like your not using "Very Small" in your game video settings? Other settings are not tested or supported. If there is a problem even with "Very Small" and I can squeeze out a little more room without conflicting with something else, I'll update it.

@SpetS15

Does the default A2 GPS work for you? If so..

- What GUI size do you use in your video settings?

- What size monitor, aspect ratio, & resolution?

@Wolfstriked

Well, in a week you can have more then one game installed and can try these addons ;)

@AnimalMother92

- Is the FOV correct in the end after it goes in&out? How many ACE weapons does this happen with? Can you give me some ACE class names to test?

- Hm, the xhair lines up correctly for me. Are you using "Very Small" GUI ingame? If so, take a screenshot of the problem.

Edited by Rg

My Interface is set to very small. And it's only slightly clipping.

One thing, if I can ask... is it possible to brighten the Red Targeting Waypoints and HUD markers? I'm partially color-blind and Red HUD's have always given problems. They are difficult to see without concentrating on them and ArmA's way of dimming and making them translucent makes it tough to track the important stuff. I often find myself standing on the spot swiveling my view around searching for various markers.

Bright orange is better for me then dark red.

I use a resolution of 1600x900

and yes, the GPS on screen works in arma 2 default and with ACE2, weird :s

EDIT: O forgot to mention, I use @ACE2 with @Trueuser and @Truegameplay together... maybe there is the problem?

This is a very nice collection. This, along with some of the PvPscene stuff, has really made some nice changes in my HUD/GUI.

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of the movement speed pbo, and am still undecided on the turning and transition pbos, but love the rest of the stuff.

@AnimalMother92

- Is the FOV correct in the end after it goes in&out? How many ACE weapons does this happen with? Can you give me some ACE class names to test?

- Hm, the xhair lines up correctly for me. Are you using "Very Small" GUI ingame? If so, take a screenshot of the problem.

The FOV is not correct afterwards. What happens is the FOV very quickly gets bigger and then zooms in (like vanilla FOV when using sights). I much prefer the FOV staying the same when using sights like in this mod.

Some classnames for testing:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/745244

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/743875

Probably several others, I'll keep looking.

I may have forgotten to switch the GUI size :o

I'll check that again and see if it's better.

Thanks

Ok Rg, you were right about AI spot distance.

If i put EnemyPrecision = 0.3 . Then it is exactly like they were suppressing me from afar. And they still shoot very accurately from 100/200m.

I now use it with last version of Zues_AI and ACE, and it is a @%!ing blast.

Simply, a PERFECT MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL servers should allow it.

Ok, retried with the Very Small UI and the issue is the same.

Say I am aiming for the blueish marking on the container.

I use the chevrons as a reference point for where I am looking...

Arm_A2_OA_2010_12_01_09_16_48_63.jpg

...and I bring up my sights to find that I'm aiming above the target.

Arm_A2_OA_2010_12_01_09_16_52_17.jpg

However, when on the move, the single dot that is displayed is perfect. It is right where the aim is.

Ok, retried with the Very Small UI and the issue is the same.

Say I am aiming for the blueish marking on the container.

I use the chevrons as a reference point for where I am looking...

Arm_A2_OA_2010_12_01_09_16_48_63.jpg

...and I bring up my sights to find that I'm aiming above the target.

Arm_A2_OA_2010_12_01_09_16_52_17.jpg

However, when on the move, the single dot that is displayed is perfect. It is right where the aim is.

The hip-fire reticule is mounted lower then center screen... it's because the "points" on the reticule lean and point towards screen-center and were the points will converge.

if you jog forward you get the "dot" reticule which is accurate, then press shift to walk and raise the weapon to shoulder, now fire. Aim with the dot, then shoulder and fire without adjusting the aimer.

@Spamurai

- Hm, do you use 4:3? I use 16:9, so maybe thats why. Does this happen on all long rifle names or just some?

- I'll have a look at the target waypoints.

@SpetS15

- What GUI size do you use in your video settings?

I can't think of what the issue is because I use ACE2 as well. Can you run ONLY (@Trueuser & @Truegameplay) and also let me know what addons your running within those folders (all? or which specific ones).

@AnimalMother92

-Your right. It's ACE weapons that have included CQB FOV settings in the configs. I'll have to make another addon to overwrite these entries for ACE users or maybe ACE devs can get rid of those entries if they inherit correctly from BIS weapons.

- About the xhairs, Spamurai is correct. I probably should have included a SS showing how to aim. I thought you were talking about a small misalignment, not completely off. :p

Here's a pic for you (updated first post aswell with this)..

http://img210.imageshack.us/f/xhairaim.jpg/

This was done so the horizontal alignment isn't given to you. You need to visualize the intersection of both chevrons. It's actually much easier then you would think.

@AnimalMother92

-Your right. It's ACE weapons that have included CQB FOV settings in the configs. I'll have to make another addon to overwrite these entries for ACE users or maybe ACE devs can get rid of those entries if they inherit correctly from BIS weapons.

- About the xhairs, Spamurai is correct. I probably should have included a SS showing how to aim. I thought you were talking about a small misalignment, not completely off. :p

Here's a pic for you (updated first post aswell with this)..

http://img210.imageshack.us/f/xhairaim.jpg/

This was done so the horizontal alignment isn't given to you. You need to visualize the intersection of both chevrons. It's actually much easier then you would think.

Ah my bad, misunderstood. That makes things easier :)

If you need any support with handling the ACE sights, I'm sure it can get worked out @ our issue tracker: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Thanks!

@Spamurai

- Hm, do you use 4:3? I use 16:9, so maybe thats why. Does this happen on all long rifle names or just some?

- I'll have a look at the target waypoints.

I use 16:9. So far I've only seen on the weapon shown in the picture... and to be honest, it's really a trivial concern as the name of the weapon is plainly readable.

As for waypoints and hud markers... that would be great if their clarity could be improved. ArmA has a tendency to make those markers fade out and become translucent... which simply exaggerates my trouble distinguishing between similar colors... the alpha effect bleeds colors together. Combine that with Red Markers on Green Scenery or White on Grey (ect ect) and I'm squinting a lot :(

I just changed my screen which was an old 4/3 lcd for a nice 16/9 screen.

Problem is that now , wether i put 16/9 or 16/10 in arma video options, i get a small tunnel vision.

Objects in the center of screen seems ok, but when i turn my character view, the object which was ok in the center of screen, get bigger on screen edge.. It makes me dizzy.

Please, is there any fix for that? I tried with or without @TrueMods, with or without any mods, what should i do?

I know there is a FOV setting i can change in arma.cfg, is that the answer?

@Rg,

As for the FOV, could you achieve eye camera righter and lower close to the rifle optics? just like the effect of Truemod in ArmA1.

PMC's new Cell-Phone HUD appears misaligned. The UI Graphic appears at the bottom... but the actual video overlay is at the top still.

I just want to say I love your mod, and everybody at the 7-75th is using it and loving it as well! Thanks a ton for your hard work!

@Spamurai

I wonder why I don't see that clipping. What resolution do you use? I'm on 1920x1080.

@RoME

You will probably get used to that change. The tunnel vision (stretching on the sides) is due to how the game is rendered. If you were to use a 3 monitor setup, both right and left screens would be extra stretched. You can try to adjust your arma.cfg, but not sure if that will help you. If you can't get used to it, you can always set your video driver to run your screen as 4:3 and then you game as well. I know I've done this before using the nvidia control panel (Adjust desktop size and position-->Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio). That would run your 16:9 widescreen as a standard 4:3.

@Lao Fei Mao

I wish I could, but the MLOD's would need to be released to accomplish that.

@Spamurai

I didn't know we had cell phones now. Can you tell me how to view it?

@TrueUser_Fov & ACE users

See top of first post for the ACE CQB sights fix.

This is BETA, so let me know if I missed any weapons.

Great work Rg. No bugs found so far, gonna test the new ACE CQB sights. Will let you know if you missed something.