Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 76067

I deleted the cfg and used exthreads=3 for my dual core with radeon4870..and it seems like the popping stopped..it feels good in lingor in the deep jungle..i run latest beta and i got cpucount=2 in the launcher..

i played half an hour, no texture popping..but it's only working when i do that ex=3

There is nothing wrong with using -exThreads=3 with a high clocked dual core. If it works just leave it that way. This is just a user-overide for the build in threading detection.

this beta is intended for 1.55. You won't get any benefit for using it with old 1.54 game content since you're running 1.55 now just without the changes and fixes in content. Since the problems me´ntond here are engien related there is no reason for using beta with 1.54.

OK so I took the plunge and updated to 1.55. Now using 76067 I do notice several issues:

1 - "Pulsing" ground textures near the player. Looks like it's switching between high and low detail

2 - Some trees remain as green boxes for long periods of time

Other than that it seems pretty good in chernarus.

OK so I took the plunge and updated to 1.55. Now using 76067 I do notice several issues:

1 - "Pulsing" ground textures near the player. Looks like it's switching between high and low detail

2 - Some trees remain as green boxes for long periods of time

Other than that it seems pretty good in chernarus.

-exThreads=3 does the trick, at least for me. For you it may be 1,3,7 dont know...try and report us.

As per my earlier post, I'm using -exthreads=3. On my cpu I don't think it's worth more. I will say that performance on OA maps seems to have improved.

As per my earlier post, I'm using -exthreads=3. On my cpu I don't think it's worth more. I will say that performance on OA maps seems to have improved.
Did you also try high settings in al but terrain? It seems inverted, but I actually have better overall visual and more fluid performance with "high" settings in the individual menus. And as you can see I do not own a supercomputer.

Did you also try high settings in al but terrain? It seems inverted, but I actually have better overall visual and more fluid performance with "high" settings in the individual menus. And as you can see I do not own a supercomputer.

Yep, nearly everything on high or very high (except terrain normal and AA off).

The actual performance on all maps is very good ( usually 40+ fps, little stuttering or flickering) , there just seem to be a few LOD or texture issues with chernarus. I don't think it's a system thing, just a few more optimisations with patches needed. Thanks for all the input anyway ulanthorn.

To all with FPS and LOD problems after Patch or recent beta, I recommend to rename both .cfg in your ArmA2 folder to. bak and let the game write new ones. This did help for me as well as a custom -exThreads=x setting.

Good tips! I will try re-generate the cfg's and also test the -exThreads option to see if it fixes the stuttering.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

For those who experience slowdowns and/or stutter, try Alt-tab out of the game and back in. This can help a lot.

It is not a fix, of course, but if that method helps, it may tell BI what to look for

-OP

I was getting system slowdown and then graphical artifacts with this beta and nvidia 260.89 xp drivers. Only arma2 was effected by graphic artifacts. All other games ran fine

Updating drivers to nvidia 260.99 fixed my problem and gameplay is smoother now too

Now i only get this in RPT but game seems fine

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/25 14:42:03

Current time: 2010/11/25 21:14:58

Version 1.55.76067

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->ReammoBox, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgVehicles/WeaponHolder/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

File description.ext, line 2130: '/RscClassMenu/controls/CA_Unitcam_Button.y': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 2130: '/RscClassMenu/controls/CA_Unitcam_Button.y': Missing ';' at the end of line

Error in HTML file ca\ui\data\dtaext\mymissions\overview.html

Context 4

Error in HTML file ca\ui\data\dtaext\mymissions\overview.html

Context 4

No speaker given for Marcel Weber

No speaker given for Kristian Koch

No speaker given for Tim Bauer

No speaker given for Jens Wolff

No speaker given for Niclas Muller

No speaker given for Kristian Koch

No speaker given for Jens Schmidt

Music EP1_Track_03 not found

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolCZ/: Missing word FeeruzAbad

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolCZ/: Missing word CeaseFireE

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolCZ/: Missing word CeaseFireE

The glass of cars could be destroyed and not bullet-proof more,especially the Hwmmv,but still no damage textures like before.

yes, way lower chance of crash plus if it crash at all You get us fresh crashdump to analyse :)

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

remember -exThreads=7 is not intended to work always for dualcores

That's why it's default only for quadcores

For dual-core default is set as -exThreads=0

experimenting with values 0,1,3,5,7 allows users to figure out what best suit theirs systems

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#exThreads

There is nothing wrong with using -exThreads=3 with a high clocked dual core. If it works just leave it that way. This is just a user-overide for the build in threading detection.

I have to add that i haven't had ex=3 on the old 1.54 630 beta , and it was smooth as hell..i hardly used the additional parameter tbh.

I have to go on with testing, 'cause i got the feeling that it's not as smooth as before.

Like you said before, i also don't have a supercomputer, but i know how fluid it was in the past.

ExThreads=3 definitly helps for me, but 1.54 was much smoother for me also.

Got to say that the improvements with the trees and stuff are nice besides all this stuff, so thanks BIS. Hope the choppers are fixed till PMC release so the AI gets their ability to fly back:cool:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14410

yes, way lower chance of crash plus if it crash at all You get us fresh crashdump to analyse :)

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

experimenting with values 0,1,3,5,7 allows users to figure out what best suit theirs systems

I just wanted to add that i have been using -exThreads=7 since you guys introduced it and had no problems whatsoever, i know you said it's not intended to work always but what does that mean? it won't 100% be utilized or it may cause crashes and hang ups?

I have a Dualcore-exThreads=7, it's the better for me :p

So there is a problem :D with the latest Betas :confused:

7 means most threads and some weaker/slower dualcore might not be able cope with the load (which results into e.g. above reported problems by some users)

I am an idiot, but I am sure I can't run this with the Steam version of the game, right?

If not, when will such a Steam update manifest itself?

Oh wait, it states so in the readme.

you can use beta builds w/o issue on STEAM

beta installs into own subdirectory \Expansion\beta

beta setup creates also new shortcut (in same directory where non-beta arma2oa.exe is)

7 means most threads and some weaker/slower dualcore might not be able cope with the load (which results into e.g. above reported problems by some users)

I have Dualcore 3Ghz, 7 is the best, with default=0 i have full of missing objects and textures after a few minutes, everything worked fine until Beta 74630 (without any startup parameters).

but the grass is still very often changing the look (cant discribe this better, caused by bad english skills ;)) while moving

I have the same issue. Some grass elements appear out of nowhere, some change LOD instantly and some flickering between LOD levels too.

A small gif of the issue:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5770/arma2oa2010112521042359.gif

PC:

Intel Dual Core E5400

2GB RAM (DDR2 1066)

ASUS HD5770 graphic card

ASUS P5QLD PRO MoBo

Windows 7 Pro x64

Catalyst 10.11

Settings:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/8936/Malleus_Settings.jpg

Tried and failed

In that case I can't do much more than reminding you that there are two battleye directories. Hoped you picked the right one