Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.55 - Patch released.

Hmm, anyone else having OA go into stutter mode after 10/15 minuts of gameplay now? Never had that happen before 1.55..

Lod's acting up, buildings popping on and off..

OA 1.55 no addons or mods installed, all settings normal, AA off, 2k VD.

E6600, 4 gb ram, 460 gtx, vista 32 bit.

No errors during installation, nothing unusual in the rpt.. :confused: .

Same is mergeConfigFile, like, not even there anymore. I think it might have changed name though.

@Heatseeker:

Sorta kinda. Graphics settings and island seem to dictate for me how long I can play (from 15 minutes to a couple of hours), then adjusting settings will get it back to normal. Had it also on the two last betas. My .rpt is highly unusual though, with massive spamming. Before I could play for hours and hours without problems, and any crash would be DX9 crashes.

I seem to be getting kicked out of every server i join. I can get into the server lobby but when i click ok to load up it kicks me out.

There is no message or anything.

Seems that when you fly in a chopper as gunner and Ai as pilot that they slowdown and go the hole time! BIS choppers do the same

Hmm, anyone else having OA go into stutter mode after 10/15 minuts of gameplay now? Never had that happen before 1.55..

I think im suffering a bit from that too. At least lower FPS (more stutter) than previous builds (especially latest betas).

Im trying to compile a set of issues to report. Trying to get some feedback first that im not the only one noticing these issues.

1. Bulletcracks not audible from vehicle weapons (Bradley main gun etc).

2. At dusk/dawn laser dots are huge covering a whole vehicle.

3. Heads missing of US soldiers at not too far distance (High obj.detail).

4. Weapon sounds have no delay over distance (this bug comes and goes with builds).

5. Burst/auto fire at distance will produce 1 "bang" sound instead of the actual burst/auto and with proper distance delay. The next burst/auto from the same weapon is heared proper (ie burst/auto fire sound), but not distance delayed (this is also a bug that comes and goes with builds).

And of course a bit more stutter, but not too much for me luckily. I ran the last beta at high with 1920x1080 with good performance. However PP was off as it is much heavier in OA than it was in ARMA2 pre OA. I had PP on high in ARMA2 without much FPS loss. With 1.55 i struggle a bit more with those settings.

EDIT: Heatseeker: I know your an old BIS vet, but did you try remove ARMAOA.CFG? Might not help at all although at times ive seen it make a different. Maybe placebo effect though.

Edited by Alex72

I experience this too and some from my clan as well ( some have geForce, some ATI video cards. no pattern ... ).

Screen halts for a few seconds then continues, especially when there are many objects nearby like AI or buildings in cities.

Textures do not appear, buildings in the distance appear only after 10 seconds or so, landscape looks barren , then trees etc appear.

Feels like my computer changes 5 years back ..

My system >

AMD2, 4 GB RAM, W7 64bit, GTX285

EDIT: Heatseeker: I know your an old BIS vet, but did you try remove ARMAOA.CFG? Might not help at all although at times ive seen it make a different. Maybe placebo effect though.

Im not that old buddy!! :pistols:

Jokes.. no i havent tried that, but it doesnt seem like you're having the same problem i discribed in my previous post, didnt notice much diference in overall performance but after playing for a while it just goes to hell..

Also, i havent noticed any diference betwean PP set to off or normal, i believe PP in OA only affects performance above normal, try it :) .

I have the Steam version of OA and it doesnt work online. The game connects to the server, loads the mission and right before the game should start it kicks me back to the server browser.

I have the Steam version of OA and it doesnt work online. The game connects to the server, loads the mission and right before the game should start it kicks me back to the server browser.

Heard this is only effecting Steam users. Battle-eye and this new patch are conflicting so the only way to play online at the moment is too find a server with BE disabled.

I seem to be getting kicked out of every server i join. I can get into the server lobby but when i click ok to load up it kicks me out.

There is no message or anything.

(if you have ARMA2: British Armed Forces)

i hope you downloaded and ran the BAF 1.01 hotfixed patch

I get massive graphical bugs after patch.

Whenever I look away from something, and then look back, trees and other objects are invisible and appear again with 1-2 second delay. Same with buildings. Same with shadows. This didn't ever happen before this patch. Also flashing trees, not disappearing completely, but they stutter.

Disabling Vsync fixed prolem for 30 seconds then it came back.

EDIT: it's more apparent when playing on a multiplayer warfare server than just trying stuff out on editor, but shows on both.

Running on 64-bit Vista with ATI HD 5850 and Intel E8400 @ 3,5 GHz

Edited by Arksa

I get massive graphical bugs after patch.

Whenever I look away from something, and then look back, trees and other objects are invisible and appear again with 1-2 second delay. Same with buildings. Same with shadows. This didn't ever happen before this patch. Also flashing trees, not disappearing completely, but they stutter.

Disabling Vsync fixed prolem for 30 seconds then it came back.

EDIT: it's more apparent when playing on a multiplayer warfare server than just trying stuff out on editor, but shows on both.

Seems im not alone then, it would probably help if people could report full system specs, game version (A2, OA, CO) and settings, see if theres something in common?

flashing trees, not disappearing completely, but they stutter.
This is logged and known from the beta thread (the one just before patch release) it introduced itself.

Ticket is opened already:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073

Add your specs and issues to it to feed back, I just added my comments to the ticket.

Edited by mrcash2009

Game currently unplayable because of all the graphical bugs, which seems to also slow the game down quite a bit :/

EDIT: seems many people with Intel core 2 duo processors are having this issue. Especially E8400.

Edited by Arksa

Thanks for the reply , No i don't have BAF all togeather.

i got an E5700. Isnt that an Intel core 2 duo processor? on my desktop it says its a Pentium. No its not custom made.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Also i got the Steam version of operation arrowhead. Like i said before its redownloading the whole game. Should I stop the download or just let it finish?

I have the Steam versions of all and cannot join anything. Am running in adminstrator mode and BAF, OA and Arma2 have done autoupdates. Have reinstalled BattleEye through Steam as well.

Still get BattlEye failed to initialize disconnect.

it would be nice to keep BattlEye problems in one thread (MP section sticky or troubleshooting) instead posting them in 3+ ...

yes they newly part of the UI

also vsync on was and is always default

Just wanted to say thanks BIS for patch 1.55 - I can finally run both GPU's (5770) and get much better performance at full 3D resolution. Game plays like a dream now! :)

After playing for a while i cant rotate the camera without experiencing heavy stutter and having objects pop into view, if i stare at a single direction i get 60 fps, if i turn around the fps drop, heavy stutter, objects "pop" into view and object lods flicker, but only after playing for a while.

Bah.. im using -skipintro and when i exit the editor i always get a nice picture of takistan with high fps, thats all the info i can come up with, maybe it will help :) .

After playing for a while i cant rotate the camera without experiencing heavy stutter and having objects pop into view, if i stare at a single direction i get 60 fps, if i turn around the fps drop, heavy stutter, objects "pop" into view and object lods flicker, but only after playing for a while.

Bah.. im using -skipintro and when i exit the editor i always get a nice picture of takistan with high fps, thats all the info i can come up with, maybe it will help :) .

i got the same prob with the objects, for example hangar on airfield completely disappears when i turn around fast and look back to its position, the whole airfield pops back up..i try to capture it and upload video..

arma 2 OA have problems with battleye cant conect on any server and steam version have btr.pbo file problems toooooooooo:mad: