AnimalMother92

ACE 1.6 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Well CBA_A2 is tagged "disabled" and I can't seem to un-disable it. Which it skips for updates. But the shortcut was generated by the six-updater.

Include file x/cba/addons/main/script_eventhandlers.hpp not found

any ideas?

.....@ACEX_R U"

must be @ACEX_RU

may be this ?

Mine is correct for some reason I copy pasted it wrong on the forum. I tried manually updating CBA but nothing. I have combined ops.

Well CBA_A2 is tagged "disabled" and I can't seem to un-disable it. Which it skips for updates. But the shortcut was generated by the six-updater.

Did you try to remove the ";"? Try this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU

my mod startup line was this if it's any help. -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_Russia(or what ever it's called)

he killed me with 2 5.56 shoot,from the front.

IMHO A10 model has no protection at all like bulletproof glass

i was wrong,the model of the A10 is good like it is,the frontal plate can resist multiple shoot of 12,7 mm,7.62 and 5.56,the canopy is not meant to be bullet proof.So no bug and apologyes for my mistake

Hello Gents,

Not sure this is the place to post it, got lost in the wastness of the forum. Have anoying problem with ACE2 mode. I use to play alot of ACE2 about a year ago and then OA came out and the mess begun... Basically after installed OA ACE mode stoped working correctly. For some reason I cant use any of the gadgets I was using before... like gas mask, earplugs... squad weapon bags and all other wicked stuff which made ACE mode unique and awesome, I use to be able to interact with alot of stuff and now my "right win key" does nothing... That makes me very sad and confused as all atempts to fix it took me to nowhere. I did got latest Six updater, I do update every friday, I did edited the name in userconfig... No luck. Can anyone please point me to the right direction. So I can enjoy all the awesomness ACE2 can offer.

Thank You

Hello Gents,

Not sure this is the place to post it, got lost in the wastness of the forum. Have anoying problem with ACE2 mode. I use to play alot of ACE2 about a year ago and then OA came out and the mess begun... Basically after installed OA ACE mode stoped working correctly. For some reason I cant use any of the gadgets I was using before... like gas mask, earplugs... squad weapon bags and all other wicked stuff which made ACE mode unique and awesome, I use to be able to interact with alot of stuff and now my "right win key" does nothing... That makes me very sad and confused as all atempts to fix it took me to nowhere. I did got latest Six updater, I do update every friday, I did edited the name in userconfig... No luck. Can anyone please point me to the right direction. So I can enjoy all the awesomness ACE2 can offer.

Thank You

Hello, did you update the userconfig, and use ACE Clippi and ACE Settings ingame to configure things?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

Do you see that ACE is actually loading, logo and version on the main menu etc?

If you still have issues, please create a support ticket with your rpt file http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

And I think we can quickly figure it out and solve your issue.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Mine is correct for some reason I copy pasted it wrong on the forum. I tried manually updating CBA but nothing. I have combined ops.
Please delete all CBA_ addons you might have spread across your modfolders or Addons folder.

Then delete the @CBA modfolders too.

If you have Windows Vista/7, please clean your VirtualStore from any ArmA2 related files, especially mod folders :)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2325762,00.asp

Then install CBA again from Six Updater.

Edited by Sickboy

I have a Six-Updater issue this week.

The issue is that Six will tag the mod for update but won't find the update after hitting "execute". It says "no new version found" although there is a new version and the right hand window confirms this. I deleted and reinstalled Six but my mod still won't update to the latest version.

I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before, I think I have to delete something but after searching for that answer I was unable to find specifics. I am running Win 7.

Thanks!

edit: This fixed itself after a new version of ACE was issued. My efforts to solve this myself were fruitless, which included deleted all ACE folders and virtual store stuff.

Edited by HG_Havok

Does ACE alter the ballistics of the game?

And why does it double loading time?

I think so. Reload times, realism probably. Not sure though.

Hello mate,

Thanks for your time. I did updated userconfig via Six Updater and I do use ACE Clippi, and I know about existance of the ACE settings in game, I did checked them but didnt found anything suspicious. It does look when loading like ACE2 and this is how it looks when loaded (see screen attached). Zo, where do I go from here, I meen rpt. file... where do I find it? (forgive my noobiness pls.)

Once again, thanks for going extra mile.

Hello, did you update the userconfig, and use ACE Clippi and ACE Settings ingame to configure things?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

Do you see that ACE is actually loading, logo and version on the main menu etc?

If you still have issues, please create a support ticket with your rpt file http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

And I think we can quickly figure it out and solve your issue.

Is there any particular reason ACE couldn't add flashlights and lasers to USMC weapons? Maybe through an ACE_USMC pack similar to ACE_RU?

I think you have to actually re-make the weapons... But then again I think most/all of those weapons also have versions made by the community so a replacement could be made if the addon-makers who made them would cooperate with ACE and vise-versa... Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my end?

I think the DAGR Littlebird bears some explanation. The gunner has a DAGR weapon that just launches FFARs

Edit: Uh, guys? The last beta patch just broke FLIR. Maybe it broke it totally, or maybe just with ACE, I'm not sure.

Edited by maturin

I aswell haven't been able to guide the DAGR missles on the littlebird when i'm gunner, but I can get the Ai to guide it and it does it quite well.

I used the ingame ACE Settings menu.

I pasted the results into a .txt file I named settings.ace and placed it in OA>userconfig>ace, as one did not already exist.

It didn't work. My ingame settings still have the default keys assigned.

There are now two Corpsmen in the USMC unit list. If you place the second one, the game crashes instead of loading. I had the wounding module enabled.

Is there any particular reason ACE couldn't add flashlights and lasers to USMC weapons? Maybe through an ACE_USMC pack similar to ACE_RU?

USMC weapons do get lasers and flashlights with 'ACEX_USNAVY'. Place a rifleman and turn it to night. Turn NVG on and press 'L' and you'll see the laser. ^^

how do I turn unit voices back on?

It's been discussed many many times. Please use Search or check the documentation.

There are now two Corpsmen in the USMC unit list. If you place the second one, the game crashes instead of loading. I had the wounding module enabled.

Looking forward to the ticket.

USMC weapons do get lasers and flashlights with 'ACEX_USNAVY'. Place a rifleman and turn it to night. Turn NVG on and press 'L' and you'll see the laser. ^^

Yup and that's pretty good since there are no MLODs for changing the A2 content itself :)

I used the ingame ACE Settings menu.

I pasted the results into a .txt file I named settings.ace and placed it in OA>userconfig>ace, as one did not already exist.

It didn't work. My ingame settings still have the default keys assigned.

maybe try this way which works for me:

1) copy original "settings.ace" (0 bytes) from the ace-store (for example "...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\store\userconfig.tar\userconfig\ace\") into "...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\"

2) run ACEClippi.exe (stored aswell by default in "...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\")

3) run game @ace

4) switch while playing in to the ace settings

5) make your changes

6) save settings ingame (no need for copying/pasting this way !)

=> now settings.ace's (the one that is now in your "...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\") size should be around 9-10 kbytes and it should contain your new settings (text format)

the only trick for this comfortable way is to have aceclippi open while playing the game and while changing your settings :)

Okay i found the problem.

ACE rejects to update/install the newer version of ace.

I used the Ruby Gems update and there is nothing to update.

Same thing with GUI.

When i use console this appears on

ACEX_SM

CBA_OA

CBA

ACE

ACEX

And i won't update the other ARMA 2 ACE.

Does not seem to be a repository!

WARNING: Folder already exists but seems incompatible. Not Installing.

If you want the software to install this mod, please remove the modfolder or convert it