Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

ArmA2 Marmite?

I'm thinking ArmA2 is Marmite - it's a love or hate thing. I mean, a friend of mine is FPS mad, he's completed all the FPS games out there, although he doesn't get on with ArmA2 one bit. I'm guessing alot of arcady players out there can't handle ArmA2 because it's so unpredictable/realistic. Personally I love ArmA2, it really is my kind of game, although I have to admit, it is intimidatingly complex at first glance. In one respect I'm glad it is & arcady orientated gamers will dislike ArmA2, simply because I loathe games like Battlefield & Medal of Honour due to the way how some players glitch & exploit those type of shallow albeit fun games. Anyhow, if I wanted to play Arcady games like that I would have bought myself a console :D

Edited by Infiltrator_2K

So basically you're saying that "arcady" people don't like Arma 2 and you don't like "arcady" games. Thanks for the input.

So basically you're saying that "arcady" people don't like Arma 2 and you don't like "arcady" games. Thanks for the input.

You're welcome :D

The thing is ArmA2 doesn't represent instant fun, you have to put some effort in to get fun out. There's a lot to learn really, and it takes about a week to "get" ArmA2. If the person is not willing to put in a week, he won't see it.

The thing is ArmA2 doesn't represent instant fun, you have to put some effort in to get fun out. There's a lot to learn really, and it takes about a week to "get" ArmA2. If the person is not willing to put in a week, he won't see it.

Or you can do a LAN party to intruduce your friends to ArmA, then its instant fun. Al least was here... :yay:

I couldn't agree more, although TBH, I don't think that's what puts some gamers off ArmA2. I think it's not being in predictable control is what does it. But yeah, you get out of ArmA2 exactly what you put in, & if you don't/can't do that, well... it's Marmite

LAN Parties, oh face it, this is 2010. LAN Parties were fun in 2001, but nowadays nobody want to move his 150 pounds of gaming mashinery into another ones home or any other place. Internet killed most of the LAN parties except the big professional matchlike ones in gym halls etc with at least 100 participants. And im still pretty unsure what Marmite really is...all I found about it sounds quite disgusting.

Does OP mean Vegemite? :D I can't really compare LAN parties, because i have never seen one. Which probably demonstrates that they are in fact dying.

Then you guys are boring. :rolleyes:

But yeah, last one here was 2 years ago, nobody have the time now to do it. At least not like we used to, with many hours of playing, BBQ, some beers and so on...

Indeed. Read the op post twice and still don't see the point, apart from reinventing the wheel.

Lol /\

Im enthralled with the intellectual depth of our pointless discusstion we have here Haha

Marmit is the work of the Devil, whereas Arma2 is a work of genius. I don't see how you can possibly compare the two.

Marmit is the work of the Devil, whereas Arma2 is a work of genius. I don't see how you can possibly compare the two.

Marmite is yummy, as is ArmA2, I don't see how you can possibly say otherwise :)

Marmots are yummy, as is ArmA2, I don't see how you can possibly say otherwise :)
I've corrected your post as I just can't comprehend how someone can use Marmite and yummy in the same sentence. :).

I've corrected your post as I just can't comprehend how someone can use Marmite and yummy in the same sentence. :).

Dude... there is nothing in this world that is more awesome than Marmite! Just imagine a hot, generously buttered, crumpet with a thin spread of Marmite on top. Food for the gods!

If only I didn't live in a country where Marmite is rare and crumpets are completely unheard of... :rolleyes: