Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Idea for BIS

If you are going to make another DLC after PMC, try making a "two-in-one" DVD version, What i mean is make two Addons like BAF or PMC and make them available on a DVD mini expansion.

If your not going to make any more DLC's just ignore this, otherwise this would be an idea for future BIS Downloadable's.

;):D:cool::bounce3::yay:

I would love something like that, I don´t like to buy downloads

:459: You are a genius! I'm sure they're just simply amazed by this idea.

No need for such an ironic comment. Myself i would like to have 2 or 3 DLC's on one disc. Even as i've already bought BAF i wouldn't mind to pay a second time to have it on disc aswell. While i understand that for a single DLC it doesn't make much sense, for a DLC compilation i guess this would reach more customers as DLC-only.

So from my side, i would support this idea.

Myke;1777146']No need for such an ironic comment. Myself i would like to have 2 or 3 DLC's on one disc. Even as i've already bought BAF i wouldn't mind to pay a second time to have it on disc aswell. While i understand that for a single DLC it doesn't make much sense' date=' for a DLC compilation i guess this would reach more customers as DLC-only.

So from my side, i would support this idea.[/quote']

Well, i do too, even if the economic motivation of the DLC is to get rid of the distributors (and their margin) to increase BI revenue.

I would support it so long as it's only released once all planned DLCs for OA have been released. Imagine an Arma 2 GOTY edition then. Arma 2, OA, BAF DLC, PMC DLC, Czech DLC, and more. That would be one feature-packed buy! :D

I would support it so long as it's only released once all planned DLCs for OA have been released. Imagine an Arma 2 GOTY edition then. Arma 2, OA, BAF DLC, PMC DLC, Czech DLC, and more. That would be one feature-packed buy! :D

I agree although i would be happy with a single DVD packed with DLC as it fits on. If 2 fits but not 3, i'm fine with.

i would also be pleased if some time in the future they bundled multiple DLCs in a single download. for some reason i would rather have a single 1gig DL rather than 3 350mb dls...

meh.

besides im sure some day down the road they make that "gold edition" of arma2. it may not happen this year, but some time im sure

I guess most of you guys who want the DLC on disk still have floppy drives, right? :j:

I guess most of you guys who want the DLC on disk still have floppy drives, right? :j:

correct, at least in my case. And the reason is very simple: it's still useful.

Going back on topic: as a floppy user I am obviously on the DVD site.

I think this idea of releasing each DLC on a DVD is pretty stupid and against the purpose of DownLoadable Content, but as I said - waiting for all of them to be released and then combining it with OA, and possibly even Arma 2, would be probably one of the best buys in gaming, up there with The Orange Box. One kickass Gold/GOTY Edition.

Sorry for a not-so-useful comment, but I find DM's message funny. :)

Wrong. I'm not a fan of DLC's but i bought BAF for supporting BIS. But still, if BIS decides one day to sell several DLC's on one DVD, i'm the first to get it, regardless if i already have it or not.

@Zipper5

i agree it would be stupid for a single DLC but no one suggested that. It was always about packing up 2 or more DLC's together.

That said: 3 DLC packs on one DVD for 30€ = count me in.

And for the naysayers: don't want it? Stick with downloads as you wish but let others the choice.

Myke;1777280']And for the naysayers: don't want it? Stick with downloads as you wish but let others the choice.

Its not about not wanting a disk' date=' its about wanting new content [b']period[/b].

I can tell you that if it were shipped on disk, BAF would have NEVER happened.

The costs for pressing disks, printing dvd covers and manuals, not to mention the disks and cases themselves, shipping, shelf space etc etc is astronomical.

DLC gets rid of all of that, and allows for these smaller projects to happen.

A disk version isn't likely to happen anytime soon, regardless of how many threads people start about it...

Its not about not wanting a disk, its about wanting new content period.

I can tell you that if it were shipped on disk, BAF would have NEVER happened.

The costs for pressing disks, printing dvd covers and manuals, not to mention the disks and cases themselves, shipping, shelf space etc etc is astronomical.

DLC gets rid of all of that, and allows for these smaller projects to happen.

A disk version isn't likely to happen anytime soon, regardless of how many threads people start about it...

You completely missed the point. It is not about new content but offering already available or planned DLC content on a disc in the future.

It is not about having a disc for BAF, a disc for PMC and a disk for whatever comes next. It is about having a disc for BAF + PMC + (whatever comes next).

It is about having the opportunity to buy all those DLC's after they have been released as DLC all together on one single disc.

Think about it.

Well the DVD production is not that astronomical - its more about publishers and their marketing and sales expectations + their "service". ;)

Imho BIS will only make the ultimate "The Great Armaverse" DVD box if its going to be highly profitable for them. For example if a bigger upgrade is needed/inevitable and old content could not be used with new developments/features anymore.*

Guess releasing only 2-X DLCs on a DVD isn't profitable enough for BIS and publishers.

*of course BIS can release a new game too - instead of getting stuck with fixing old bugs/issues.

If/when I get enough DLC content I will burn it myself onto a nice printable DVD disc. As for published DLC, maybe a GOTY or Gold edition, close to the game's lifetime maybe. Otherwise there'll always be something that hasn't been included...

I might consider buying a gold version, having everything, but some more DLCs have to be made. But only on disc, and another requirement would be not protected data. I'm not talking about models, but ability to de-pbo and study things. I believe I've read somewhere that this was prevented currently, so other than some quite small campaigns, I wouldn't be getting anything I could use or hack into.

I'm fine with DLC.

They are small enough that the downloads are fast, atleast from Sproket they are.

I could care less if they were on disk or not.

@Topic: Yeah, a bundle of a bunch of DLCs in a box or the Ultimate Fan Metalcase with lasers and a T-shirt or that helmet that appears in some photos at BIS Studios and everything released so far related to A2 also would be nice...... :yay:

@off-topic: Next year is the 10th Cold War Crisis anniversary, is BIS planning something special for that?....... :lurk:

(PS: Wiki says CWC was released in June's 22th, which is my birthday..... coincidence? Don´t think so.... *X-files theme in the background*) :smiley-blunder: